Marfa's Doctor Who 1/6 Deadly Assassin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marfa Isaman

Freakzoid
Reaction score
hey guys here is my latest custom dio....

like my other stuff ive scratch built the Clock Tardis, sculpted the head and hands made the clothes and painted it.... think i need to practice a bit more with painting and sculpting.... for those who dont know Who he is ive also included a still from the show so u know what the hell im going on about! lol
Mx

DAx.jpg

2_DA1.jpg

DA3.jpg

DA4-1.jpg

1_DA2.jpg

DAsculpt-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not seeing all the pics but the clock looks killer. Only seeing the sidw view of the fig but he looks cool.

Wow, that is insane looking... from the excellent clock to the creepy-ass figure, well done :bow :bow :bow

Woo hoo! More excellent work from Marfa! Did you sculpt all those individual teeth? Insane! How on earth did you create that translucent effect on his "burnt sausage" fingers?

I also would love to see details on your creation of that fantastic cobwebbed clock. Fantastic work like this inspires me to get customizing.

(BTW, all the pics are showing up fine now for me.)

Well It looks great from what I can see. Only the first image is showing for me too.

I have to say I loath Photobucket as It's often very temperamental with some peoples browsers. Try uploading to imageshack and see what happens.

Can't see the last 3 pics either, but that clock is amazing! what did you use for the cobwebs??

I used strands of silk wool and set them in place using sugar and water and a bit of talc .... thinking about it im sure halloween angel hair would be easier doh!

Woo hoo! More excellent work from Marfa! Did you sculpt all those individual teeth? Insane! How on earth did you create that translucent effect on his "burnt sausage" fingers?

I also would love to see details on your creation of that fantastic cobwebbed clock. Fantastic work like this inspires me to get customizing.

(BTW, all the pics are showing up fine now for me.)

Vikki its funny as first attempt at sculpting teeth failed as i ended up dragging huge chunks out ... so i shaped a smooth surface then baked it... it was then relatively easy to stick on little teeth squares individually with a scalpel ; )
the translucent effect was achived by using diffent coloured inks on the dryed flesh acrylic then sealed with a clear varnish x

someones asked me to make them a GF clock so wen i get round to it ill take some wip pics to be honest theres a lot of uneccesary detail in it... the door opens! second time round should be simpler .... think props are my strong point like u are wiv sewing xxx ive got my eye on that beautiful tennant coat u made lol xxx

ps can i pick your brains again?..... do u know where i can get 1/6 buttons in various colours?
Mx

From that second post, only the bottom two pictures show (strange!), but hey, those were two of the missing ones at least! Nice job, as always!
-Rick :) :)

someones asked me to make them a GF clock so wen i get round to it ill take some wip pics to be honest theres a lot of uneccesary detail in it... the door opens! second time round should be simpler ....
Thanks for the how to's on the Master and his TARDIS! An opening clock door is too COOL, not too much detail. That's added play value! Now you can pose the Master about to enter his TARDIS to make his escape! :D

think props are my strong point like u are wiv sewing xxx ive got my eye on that beautiful tennant coat u made lol xxx

ps can i pick your brains again?..... do u know where i can get 1/6 buttons in various colours?

I still sometimes use the 4mm "Barbie Buttons," "Tiny Buttons," or "Itsy Bitsy Buttons" like the ones at Buttons4u. They have lots of colors available. I used the 4mm buttons on that 10th Doc coat you like. (E-mail me about that. I'd love to trade for some of your great diorama or villain work.)
10dr03.jpg

If you can't find the exact color you need, you can repaint them easily.

I also use (don't laugh) - fingernail decorations. I usually buy from Crafts2Do https://crafts2do.com/. The 4mm and 3mm Rounds or Domes work well for most coat and vest buttons. 2mm and 1.5mm Rounds work well for shirt buttons, or for buttons on breeches. (You can see some tiny black buttons above the buckle at his knee in the picture below.) No sewing involved. Applying a heated wand (basically a soldering iron with an assortment of fancy tips) melts the glue backing and adheres it to the fabric. There are lots of sizes, shapes, and colors available for use in other custom projects. For example, the 5mm Medallions added a nice bit of detail to the coat on one of my Pseudo-Historical figures.
unreason02.jpg
unreason03.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Vikki
thanks for sharing i would have never of thought about nail jewllery! the domes are a godsend! i had to sculpt domes for magnus's tunic a then paint them but it was a pain these are so much better! ;)
I absolutley adore your Tennant hes so handsome with the repaint and coat x ill PM u x
im not sure im confident enough to try and make a coat ; ) may try repainting him as i have him and a martha ... plus i got a Bond Jinx jacket from ebay it 10 times better than marfa's original "puffa" jacket ..... im also toying with idea of sanding down his head and gluing on real hair im confident it would look even more realistic ; ) anyways thats on my to do list x

jinxfigure.jpg

Back