Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could really do with Prime 1 showing there's off now. It will be a huge ask to match this, never mind top it. But who knows. One thing is certain, I will be buying one of the three candidates. And it's probably going to be hard to choose which....

Do we have more info about this being distributed worldwide by Sideshow or still nothing?

Out of interest, does anybody know who produces stuff for Mamegyorai? Or have any general input as to how their production pieces usually turn out?

They need to slow down with the high quality Alien statues before I’m living out of a storage unit...

Some individuals on facebook have posted that this piece is limited to Japan.

I asked the company to confirm.
This is the super reply i received directly from mamegyorai yesterday :

It is currently being adjusted so that it can be delivered to alien fans all over the world.
As a result, reservation is not yet started.
Please do not worry because it is not limited to Japan.

YIPPEE!! :)

This is amazing. I wish they did a 1:1 bust with this sculpt and paint.

Well... I am part of those "some individuals on facebook" who claimed it was limited to Japan. Lol
I met the boss of Mamegyorai and the sculptor of this Big Chap last year in Comicon Tokyo and it was clearly limited to Japan.
They simply didn't have the licence and rights for outside Japan and was clearly limited to this country.
Even their website doesn't allow to sell outside for now.

Time will tell
but if they changed their mind (or were able to expand their rights) and if it's confirmed it's a good news indeed.

FWIW I tried ordering this from Amazon.jp yesterday and it wouldn't allow the order to process for a US address.

I'm hoping they will have a US arrangement, either with SS or direct. I've pretty much convinced myself at this point that this is "the one". At least as far as this character goes, for me.

The more I look at, the more I think "oh yeah..."

Just use Treasure Japan to order it for you. That's what I'm going to do if it doesn't show up on Sideshow.

Ok I just talked with Mamegyorai again.
1st thing they told me is that it will be distributed worldwide...

BUT

when you go further and talk a bit more with them, it's not that clear in the end.
When I asked "How" and "When", it became pretty vague and not so affirmative.
They told me that distributing it worldwide was what they would like to do.
But they were not able to confirm about a timeframe or the way it would be available...
They concluded "it's my dream to make it available worldwide for the alien fans just like you. We are discussing it. So please be patient".

To sum up, this is what they want to do but will it be possible?...time will tell.

It's a relatively large statue produced in/for a country where space is at a premium and the majority of stuff like this is produced in a much smaller scale for that reason.

And it's expensive.

I would think it would be highly unlikely that they could justify production of this based solely on sales in Japan. I'm not worried too much that it won't be made available to the rest of the world.

And if it isn't, so be it. It's a great statue representing one of my all time favorite movies, but at the end of the day I can easily live without it if I have to.

Ok I just talked with Mamegyorai again.
1st thing they told me is that it will be distributed worldwide...

BUT

when you go further and talk a bit more with them, it's not that clear in the end.
When I asked "How" and "When", it became pretty vague and not so affirmative.
They told me that distributing it worldwide was what they would like to do.
But they were not able to confirm about a timeframe or the way it would be available...
They concluded "it's my dream to make it available worldwide for the alien fans just like you. We are discussing it. So please be patient".

To sum up, this is what they want to do but will it be possible?...time will tell.

On a previous chat they said the director was worried that global interest would be poor for the piece.
I guess with all the positive recent messages they have decided to give it a go (hopefully).

As you say, time will tell but i don't fancy ordering with treasure japan, it's already an expensive piece.

This is amazing. I wish they did a 1:1 bust with this sculpt and paint.

Wishful thinking BUT i'd be right behind you in the queue with my money if they do!

On a previous chat they said the director was worried that global interest would be poor for the piece.
I guess with all the positive recent messages they have decided to give it a go (hopefully).

As you say, time will tell but i don't fancy ordering with treasure japan, it's already an expensive piece.

It's not really about global interrest.
It's just that they simply didn't have the licences and rights to distribute it worldwide...
But as you said, with the growing interrest for this piece, they might have change their mind and gain more "power" to negociate with Fox and others parties involved.

Hopefully it will happen.
:)

Back