Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so want this. I thinks it's the ultimate Alien sculpt. But that's a lot of dough to fork over. I do have $450+ in rewards with Sideshow that I've been sitting on for a year now, but I kind of wanted to order the Blitzway Astronaut with that.

Also, I just noticed that Sideshow are only offering two flex payments of $950 on this (not including the $250 deposit) what a huge help that will be.... :lol

You may want to check again, they have a 7 payment plan for $270 a month and $210 deposit

I so want this. I thinks it's the ultimate Alien sculpt. But that's a lot of dough to fork over. I do have $450+ in rewards with Sideshow that I've been sitting on for a year now, but I kind of wanted to order the Blitzway Astronaut with that.

It really makes you think when $450 worth of free money barely makes a dent on a statue you want to buy. I'm with you though, I liked this when I first saw it, and it's been growing on me more every time I've seen it since, to the point where I love this thing and really want to buy one. But this will be close to $3k for us international guys once all is said and done. And I'm not sure I can justify spending that kind of money on a statue, no matter how nice. Bad times....

You may want to check again, they have a 7 payment plan for $270 a month

Showing two for me, strange.

Clearly the pose is very subjective, but it does go hand in hand with this character regardless. Remember it is Alien so you should probably expect it to move in strange ways. I like it a lot personally, my only complaint is that it hides his best feature (that beautiful human skull beneath his dome) I like the CP version a lot, but I think this is the best Gigers Alien statue ever made. One thing we can probably all agree on however is that pricing is out of control in this hobby. It is starting to become a chore trying to afford these things rather than fun.

Also, I just noticed that Sideshow are only offering two flex payments of $950 on this (not including the $250 deposit) what a huge help that will be.... :lol

Yeah python and when we saw the cp 1/3 it was the best big chap statue ever made too, and when we will see the one from prime one it will be the best..and so on...

I think all of them will be great representations of the creature but that prize is just insane:(. I have read post from coolprops maquette and the sano alien statue too. Each time we will have better and better figures but with those prizes it begin to be impossible to continue in that hobbie unless you are rich of course...what will you do?:)

It really makes you think when $450 worth of free money barely makes a dent on a statue you want to buy. I'm with you though, I liked this when I first saw it, and it's been growing on me more every time I've seen it since, to the point where I love this thing and really want to buy one. But this will be close to $3k for us international guys once all is said and done. And I'm not sure I can justify spending that kind of money on a statue, no matter how nice. Bad times....

Showing two for me, strange.

Very true, it's crazy. $450 used to be a 1.5 PFs for free. Now it's barely a dent :lol

I figured it would be over $2K. It could have been worse- like $2200 or $2300. I was expecting they would price it just a hair under what their basic 1/2 scales are going for now.

I'll have to wait and see how my next gig goes. I expect to be down a good bit this year compared to last year, and have already missed a good chunk of my income this year for health reasons.

It's gonna be tough to swing that, especially coming in May, just a month after tax time. I'm sure it will be delayed, but still...

You may want to check again, they have a 7 payment plan for $270 a month and $210 deposit

I'm only seeing an option for six payments total, $315 per month. That's definitely not the way I want to go.

Frankly the $210 deposit is daunting too, just in case something came up unexpectedly and I couldn't swing the final balance.

In any case, I can't move on this at all this soon yet. I need to sell a bunch of stuff to clear out space first, and hopefully help subsidize it at the same time.

I was seriously considering getting Thor, Leia, and the X-23 PFs next year. This would end up being about the cost of all three of those put together- but it still might be the most compelling out of all of them for me.

$600 more than the same scale Coolprops doesn't help. I have no interest whatsoever in the latter, but the extreme price differential is annoying.

Well the pose is authentic, the creatue did do this before pouncing on Bret.

I'm sorry but it was never like this in that scene! It is a horrible pose and amazing sculpt wtf this could have been so much more!

Sculpt is insane! Pose is unusual but movie accurate as well. I like this. Price is insane ,good to have sano big chap its only 1/5 but still very nice piece ;-)

For everyone that hates this sculpt and can't understand it's appeal, it's pretty much guaranteed Prime 1 will come out with a more user friendly, 80's style comic book splash page pose for this version of the character- dynamic and exciting rather than odd and unusual.

I won't bother trying to make a case anymore for the latter and why it's perfectly befitting for a '79 Big Chap. People know what they want and I'm sure future offerings from other producers will give it to them- at an even better price to boot.

This statue is beautiful, but looking at the price tag ($3000 AU) - I can't do it for a statue. But I want it so much.

Selling my old car next week for garage space and I'm getting 3 grand for that... :lol

I pre ordered one yesterday.I love the pose.Its odd,weird......alien like.I think the “awkwardness” of the pose lends to the mystique.There are plenty of others with different poses........I would understand if this was the only option out there.

Just to bad this is an amazing sculpt but that pose is just weird and expensive. Easy pass for me!

I'm only seeing an option for six payments total, $315 per month.

It's still only showing an option for two payments for me. How strange. I'm sure Live chat would set it up differently for me if I wanted so it isn't a huge issue. As much as I love this thing, pose and all, I'm just not sure I can justify this kind of money for a poly stone statue. It's getting silly now and real life necessities get in the way of these kind of huge purchases. If it was just the $2100, I'd probably bite the bullet for this character presented in this manner, but we sadly face huge added costs here which will up this to at least $2800+ Probably a good bit more depending on the shipping rates which are ever increasing also. And that is a huge chunk of change...

you can't
mamegyorai site is for japan only...
for other countries you have sideshow or third party sites ordering for you...
that's why mamegyorai made that deal with sideshow and fox probably

Back