Major League Baseball 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos Beltran and St. Louis Cardinals agree on 2-year, $26 million deal.

From Espn.com......

"The 34-year-old Beltran batted .300 with 22 home runs, 84 RBIs and a .385 on-base percentage for the New York Mets and San Francisco Giants this pastyear. He likely will be the Opening Day right fielder for the Cardinals next season. Lance Berkman is expected to move to first base, taking Pujols' spot."

https://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7381622/carlos-beltran-st-louis-cardinals-agree-two-year-deal

which means Giants management better try and sign Fielder. I'm tired of seeing their sorry excuse for an offense :gah:.

no clue, can't be that much longer, I knew that was a bad idea when it first happened; one pitcher is never worth that kind of money. They get Posey back, so that helps, but I wish they would've resigned Beltran. Another consistant power hitter is a must for this team.

no clue, can't be that much longer, I knew that was a bad idea when it first happened; one pitcher is never worth that kind of money.

Just looked it up and YIKES!

Barry Zito (lhp)

7 years/$126M (2007-13), plus 2014 club option

Signed by San Francisco as a free agent 12/06 (largest-ever pitcher contract at signing)

07:$10M, 08:$14.5M, 09:$18.5M, 10:$18.5M, 11:$18.5M, 12:$19M, 13:$20M, 14:$18M club option ($7M buyout)

Full no-trade clause

Larkin was awesome. I hated the 1990 Reds that defeated the A's at the time when I was 13 but I learned to respect that team and of course eventually came to realize they were the good guys and the A's were a bunch of roided out freaks led by a alchoholic wanker.

No team with Paul O'Neill playing for and Marge Schott owning can be anything other than evil.

However, the A's beat the Red Sox in the ALCS that year so I was a temporary Reds fan.

Larkin was awesome. I hated the 1990 Reds that defeated the A's at the time when I was 13 but I learned to respect that team and of course eventually came to realize they were the good guys and the A's were a bunch of roided out freaks led by a alchoholic wanker.

Do you remember the theme for that team?

"The Hunt for Red October"......same time the movie came out.

How could anyone not like a team with Chris Sabo on it? :lol

images

Back