Major League Baseball 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that was sarcasm.

California is not the "end all" either, despite what mfoga thinks.

The Angels will pay on the back end of that contract when Albert is washed up. If he helps brings them championships, more power to them.

We only let people bad talk living here so people won't want to move here. We have to many people already.

Sf #3 though :D, but wow, Oakland dead last :slap and I'm sorry, but all Florida teams have the worst fans in all sports, they only show up if a team is in the playoffs.

Angles weren't that bad last year. Now the Marlins....whoa....they wanted Pujols bad.....had a similar offer on the table for him. And they Angels are a much better organization than the Dodgers....when was the last time the Dodgers made the playoffs? Wow. No way are they second fiddle to the Dodgers....I bet they've had more attendance the last 3 years.

All this Marlins talk this offseason boggles my mind. Where are they getting this money from? Nobody goes to their games, even when they're good. When they won the world series in 2003, they ranked 25th in attendance with a total of 1,303,214 fans through gate. I know baseball economics is more complicated than just attendance, but I can't imagine they're getting great TV numbers or merch sales either. :dunno

Yeah, anyplace between 30-50 million. Which is a lot but its more about what he's said over the years about wanting to be a Cardinal for life, and what the community has given him that he might not get in other cities. St. Louis is one of the best towns to play baseball in and he could have been the god of Cardinal baseball more so than many of the other greats that have played for them. He decided money he will never see or use was worth more than those things in St. Louis.

I said most of the same things when Thome left for the money.

"They'll have to tear this Cleveland jersey from by back!"

HAHAHAHAHA!

I learned the hard way that these guys don't care about fans or team nearly as much as that 4th or 5th Ferrari.

Trending on Twitter right now:

Ryan Braun
PED's
#cheater
Hebrew Hammer
#brewers
#Steroids

I think I need to walk away from the computer the night.

I wonder how many Cards fans bought Pujols jerseys and placed them under the Christmas tree before he left for the Angels? :lol

And in 15 years they'll be selling Pujols throwbacks in the Cards gift shop.

If the Red Sox can move on and sell Ohio Billy merchandise, the Cards can sell Pujols stuff later on.

Back