Major League Baseball 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28-29 is old? :(

not to us no. But in baseball years as a pitcher it is. I really wouldn't say Sanchez is old. Just older. He's been around for a while now. Just a little past his prime. Zito is on his way out. Last year he had one of the best years he's had in a while and they still left him off their post season roster.

Last edited:
I don't bother playing fantasy baseball anymore since the first time I played a Rotoball league I won. I just don't want to win all the time because it gets boring for other people.

:D

Go Tribe, you bunch of bastards! Go! :(

not to us no. But in baseball years as a pitcher it is. I really wouldn't say Sanchez is old. Just older. He's been around for a while now. Just a little past his prime. Zito is on his way out. Last year he had one of the best years he's had in a while and they still left him off their post season roster.

I know. I was just being smartass for a second. :lol He made hist first appearance in the big leagues in 2006 but didn't start full time until 2008. Actually, most guys don't their their prime until 28-32 according to what the data tells us for baseball.

I usually look at 27 for most hitters as their prime....Pitchers actually can vary from earlier on to later on in their careers...and sometimes a pitcher can have two primes...kinda like what Clemens and Pettite did if that makes sense. Pitchers usually go by their number of innings they've pitched in their career.

I usually look at 27 for most hitters as their prime....Pitchers actually can vary from earlier on to later on in there careers...and sometimes a pitcher can have two primes...kinda like what Clemens and Pettite did if that makes sense. Pitchers usually go by their number of innings they've pitched in their career.

Nah, I got ya what you mean.

am I the only one that isn't that impressed with the Red Sox. I just don't see them running away from the division like most have predicted. Can they win it? Sure. But I don't see them automatically going to the WS.

So how did opening day go for you all?

Dodgers pick up the 'W'.
I'm happy for now.

Being a Dodger fan has it's benefits...you get use to losing games. :chug

27 I think is a bit too young as a prime for hitters, IMO. Some good players don't even get out of the minors until they are 25 or 26. I would put it around 30 as a hitter. Though I admit that may have been skewed recently due to the juice.

I think Bumgarner is 21 at the moment. Cain is younger than Lincecum but they're both around 25-26. Sanchez is 28 or 29. So all four are young, but Bumgarner is a baby.

Fantasy baseball kinda sucks. I played for years and it just gets tedious changing your lineup daily.
Cain and Lincecum will be 27 this year. Cain came into the league in 05 and has a career record of 57-62. Lincecum came into the league in 07 and has a career record of 56-27. Zito is old. Sanchez is old. Their 4 starters are very seasoned. Bumgarner is the baby.

The fantasy league I'm in you play head to head and you only change your lineup once a week. Starting on Monday and ending on Sunday.

That would be much more palatable for me... the daily swapping sucks.:panic:

28-29 is old? :(

I think Sanchez will be damn good this year. He's been putting on muscle over the past two years which should help with his durability. 28 is young for an established MLB starter, which he is now. If he were still unproven at the major league level the clock would be ticking.

Tough loss last night.... The errors were annoying, as they always are. Kershaw looked great. He's tough to beat down there.

My Dodger loving co-worker is already talking ____ to me and the rest of the Giant fans this morning... :(

Yeah, if you're just now coming up that could be old but he's been up a couple years so he's ready to take that next step.

Ah yeah folks doing that are always fun. Its like really? Its one game of 162. :lol

Kershaw is gonna contend for the Cy Young this year. He's just getting started. I hope so on J. Sanchez because I have him in my league as well. But many fantasy experts have him on their bust list. Halladay has looked good so far today. So has Brett Myers who used to play for the Phils.

Back