Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else have scuff marks on their bludd's helmet? It kind of goes all around the lower half. I thought it was on purpose at first, but I'm not sure

Yeah, ,there is definitely some kind of a wear pattern (almost a stripe) around the bottom edge of the helmet.

I'm getting a second regular Bludd head next week. Going to find out if he's got a jacked up eye too under that patch. Plus my EX head needed a patch anyway so that satisfies my curiosity and need for a second eyepatch. :hi5:

I don't know why but I do like the EX head better than the regular. The difference are subtle yes, but indeed different. I totally see Tom Selleck in the EX head but not in the regular. But in King's comparison pics, the heads look nearly identical at certain angles except for the shape of the mustache. Weird. :dunno

I just really wish the mechanical arm was stronger. I'd love to have Bludd choking someone by lifting them off the ground one-handed (ala Darth Vader). But then again, I don't suppose ANY 1:6 figure (except maybe Hulk) could support the weight of another figure like that.

its the way the armor is sitting. needs to be pulled down. the main point of the picture is to show how the pants/clothing fits better. that said, to each their own.

For mine I didn't push the neck all the way down. To me it made a big difference.

I would be fine with the new slimmer packaging if it had that same glossy coating that the old boxes had, the new boxes seem too thin and fragile compared to the older ones.

Also, I got confirmation from Sideshow yesterday that they are sending me a replacement robotic hand! :yess:

Can't really say that's an improvement as it makes him look like he doesn't have a neck there. Maybe its just the angle or the chest armor is just sitting too high.

:goodpost:
I gotta agree. In most cases a TT swap is an improvement, here, not so much. It looks like the swap squared off the shoulders too much and the backpack/breastplate, which was designed for the pro, doesn't sit correctly now because there's no dip between the base of the neck and delts.

Last edited:
i hate the new packaging , cant see the weapons through the window

agreed...don't know why Sideshow has to change up the package.I like a uniformed collection. Notice the graphics on the side of the package? It's just blank, it's missing 'MERCENARY' ....all it has is code name- Major Bludd

I would be fine with the new slimmer packaging if it had that same glossy coating that the old boxes had, the new boxes seem too thin and fragile compared to the older ones.

Also, I got confirmation from Sideshow yesterday that they are sending me a replacement robotic hand! :yess:

Willing to bet the slimmer box is a cost saving measure for Sideshow...charge more $ but use less materials

What do you have on preorder that's preventing you from picking up Bludd? He's a solid release and meets your requirement of being faithful to the original.

You know I can't even really put my finger on why he just seems "so so" to me. I'm not seeing any radical drop in quality from proto to production but somehow, even in King Darkness' pics, he just doesn't scream "buy me." The design is solid for the most part as you said but for whatever reason he just isn't doing it for me.

You know I can't even really put my finger on why he just seems "so so" to me. I'm not seeing any radical drop in quality from proto to production but somehow, even in King Darkness' pics, he just doesn't scream "buy me." The design is solid for the most part as you said but for whatever reason he just isn't doing it for me.

Bludd is just as good as the rest of the Sideshow Joes Khev

I think because we waited so long for this piece after delay,that the excitement for him is lost..

It's Major Bludd from '83,one of the top villains in Cobra...gotta have em

Bludd is just as good as the rest of the Sideshow Joes Khev

I think because we waited so long for this piece after delay,that the excitement for him is lost..

It's Major Bludd from '83,one of the top villains in Cobra...gotta have em

:exactly:
Unless you're backing away from 1:6 as a whole Khev, he's easily worth it. Hell, looking at Destro, this and Baroness may very well be the last figures Sideshow produces that have any real resemblance to the RAH line. :lol

I think it all comes down to the final version of the armor, in the prototype it seems like it was much tighter to the body and less bulkier than the final version. The head was bigger on the proto too, making it better proportioned to the body and armor.

SDCC 2012:

ddb21da3.jpg

A few quick pics.
major_bludd_01.jpg

major_bludd_03.jpg

WOW! looking at the proto image the armor has definitely been bulked up for the final version. In all honesty, I don't mind the bulky as it gives him a more menacing look but again, to each their own.

Similarly, I wouldn't even notice, let alone complain, about the glossiness of the box but some people value that more than I do.

Back