Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots Lord Piper! First time in Joe history initial pics didn't suck a fat one?!?!?! :lol

Over all I think it looks nice. Would have like the chest armor to be a uniform color, not really digging the silver. Gun metal portion looks nice though. Definitely would have preferred all gun metal..

Overall I am liking what I see. I am sure (and can't wait) that you guys will all soon show your interpretations!!! Me, I will wait until I have more Customs/Kit bashes under my belt.

Here_we_go_again.jpg

I can't wait to get this figure. I am getting to the point where I can find time to do some more pictures and I am getting excited about that.

Just opened Major Bludd and I have mixed feelings. They tend towrd positive. Well...in reality...the figure is awesome. But there are a few things that I get a little peeved about.

When I saw the mailer box, my first thought was "damn, Sideshow went with the old-style tight mailer/bubble wrap option and that crushed corner will very likely translate to the product box".
And it did. Sideshow also went with the one-sided box and stacked the figure tray and accessory tray on top of each other again...another fail. The cardboard tray is white with a picture of Bludd on it instead of the "explosion"...whatever. I do, very much, like the new exclusive sticker.

The figure is awesome with a few minor complaints...but mine will be headed back to Sideshow. Quality control seems to have failed at least on this one copy...one of the magnets that hold the pack on did not get reversed so the pack on my copy is actually repelled from the armor on Bludd's back. I am not really liking how the boots were done. But they do look pretty nice, so I can get over it. I do not like that the knife sheath is not removeable. The revolver is an awesome design, but it has a pin holding the cylinder in the gun...but nothing is holding the pin in. Be careful if you monkey with it. The holster for the revolver is very nicely-designed. Mine is poorly executed. The actual sleeve for the pistol is separate from the belt and slides in and out of the pleather straps that are over it. And the pleather strap at the top of mine is way too loose. I intend to remedy that...it should be easy-enough for a non-customizing knucklehead like myself.

I very much like that the figure looks as cool without the shoulder armor as it does with it. I like that they made the rocket launcher a two-handed weapon. Seems a little more sensible that way, to me.

I am glad that we are finally getting more left-handed trigger fingers on figures from sideshow. Something that I have always found to be a bit...lacking...but mostly because I want to make a custom figure that requires both hands to have trigger fingers...so that is a bit of a personal item.

I am very happy with the paint apps on this copy. I think that if Sideshow sends me a new box and pack, I would be happy. I really like the way the armor is painted. It is darker than I expected So the fact that it is not black makes a lot less difference, to me. I would call it a dark gunmetal grey with a black wash. I may pick up some extra armor to try my hand at a custom paint-up. But if I don't get the chance...I am good with it as it is.

I have never been a fan of Major Bludds helmet. And when I look at this figure with the helmet on...I get the exact same feeling as I did when I was a kid. So they must have done a good job on it.

I am not having the issues with the knees that have been mentioned. Everyone knows that I am a fan of the ratchet knees and will likely swap these out for those down the line. But I have been able to adjust to posing the figures with these knee joints so as not to suffer unfortunate face-plants or shelf-dives because of them.

As some of you may remember, I am an articulation Nazi. So normally, I consider a loss of articulation for the purpose of improved aesthetics to be a big negative on a figure. And I expected to hate the articulation on the mechanical arm because of that...however...I was wrong. It is not reduced anywhere near as badly as I anticipated and is perfectly in keeping with what I think a mechanical arm should be. I considered showing off the figure's ability to flip the bird...but I decided that was way to easy-cheesy and sophomoric...even for me...and I am all about being easy-cheesy and sophomoric.

I am really digging on the alternate head sculpt. And I think that...just to be different...I may very well use that one primarily.

At the end of the day. I am thinking that few could have done a better job on this figure. And I am very, very happy to add it to the collection.

Last edited:
He looks freaking great, time seems to have flown with this one, I haven't even ordered one from anywhere yet. :lol

I like that they made the rocket launcher a two-handed weapon. Seems a little more sensible that way, to me.

Say DC, does the front part of the rocket launcher weapon look like it may come apart from the rest of the weapon allowing just one rocket to be added instead of the three chambers...more like the original weapon he came with?

Im really a big fan of how Sideshow is doing the knee high boots now.

I'd buy some from TA but not at $30 a pair.

Hopefully CC V2 boots are fixed so they are this way rather than a one piece.

Say DC, does the front part of the rocket launcher weapon look like it may come apart from the rest of the weapon allowing just one rocket to be added instead of the three chambers...more like the original weapon he came with?

The bad news is: no...the launcher does not come apart. However, there is some good news. Besides the picatinny rail on the bottom for the forward pistol grip, there is a rail on either side in case you need a laser or flashlight (or both) for your rocket launcher.

And another ting I just noticed. I was given two left trigger fingers and no open hand. That I can just remedy through toy anxiety.

Yep, but Falcon does have the blast effect background though.

majorbludd.jpg

Looks better there. The pics on the previous page look straight up silver.

Hey Evil Face,
When can we expect Major Bludd's arm patch and hash marks, huh?

Once I get my figure to color match the leg stripe. :yess:

And another ting I just noticed. I was given two left trigger fingers and no open hand. That I can just remedy through toy anxiety.

But for $170 you shouldn't have to.

Back