Majestic's 1/6 Abominable Dr. Phibes is exquisite.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you were on the fence about this item because it wasn't manufactured by the great ones at Sideshow...fear not. The figure is exquisite. I nearly lost control of my bladder upon removal of the figure from his packing box:horror . He appears to be very collector friendly, although I haven't yet removed him. The likeness of Price all the way down to the Beatles hairdo is really dead on. Much, MUCH better than the Raven figure produced by ReelToys a few years ago. The decayed burned skull head is really great also and the box art is awesome. Lots of cool photos and a synopsis of the film, and they even took a cue from Sideshow in the inclusion of a base with the film's logo on it. I may buy another one just so I can leave one in the box and interchange the other one periodically for display. Who would ever have thought I would live to see the day Dr. Phibes would get licensed and forever immortalized as a figure. Now if only we could get Teenage Frankenstein, Teenage Werewolf and Mr. Sardonicus with smilar interchangeable parts.:banana

I was thinking of picking him up eventually. I got my Majestic Dark Shadows figures on saturday (what a great day that was) and I could've gotten this one, but I didn't have the cash so I didn't really look at it. I'm very pleased with my DS figures, so I'd expect to be pleased with him too.

Photos would be nice.;)

Josette said:
I was thinking of picking him up eventually. I got my Majestic Dark Shadows figures on saturday (what a great day that was) and I could've gotten this one, but I didn't have the cash so I didn't really look at it. I'm very pleased with my DS figures, so I'd expect to be pleased with him too.

Photos would be nice.;)

As would some pix of your DS acquisitions!!! :angelsmil

Well, I'll have a review of both over the next week or so. Barnabas first, either Thursday or Sunday night.

I'm looking forward to your review, Michael. I've already got my Barnabas but I'm real curious to see what you think of the figures.

And Josette, I'm glad to read you picked yours up and are happy with them. I know you've been wanting them for a while.

I may end up with the Phibes. The movies are among my many not terribly guilty pleasures and Vincent Price was the man. So, does it come with a Vulnavia bonus figure? That would definately seal the deal for me.

Micheal I know your always busy, and I always enjoy your reviews, but hurry up already, joking.
Mr. Price rocks. Now I can finally give up my SSC POTA Brent as Price! :D

I got Phibes at Amok time and I have Barnabas Collins and Quentin Collins on the way. I was very impressed with Phibes so I went ahead and ordered the DS figures. I really wish they would have included a couple of Ben Cross interchangeable heads with Barnabas, though. Oh well, maybe we will see a figure of him eventually. I would also like to see a Kolchak the Nightstalker figure. Prices are 39.99, and if you specify you are a collector they seem to go out of their way to get you a nice box. Very fast shipping.

I just picked up Phibes and two of the Dark Shadows figures.(so far,I won't be buying anything 1/6th from Sideshow this year,*COUGH* BECAUSE I STOLE BODIES....TH..THEY SAID. *COUGH*)These will have to fill the void meantime.The Phibes skull is a great likeness,with very good paint ops....almost as good as Sideshow's recent Apes Mutant Leader.Price himself is passable,though I don't think it quite captures his age at the time,he would have been about 60.The Dark Shadow figures are nice because of the interchangable head options.(hmmm,...interchangable....now I gotta get me some Micronauts.) :eek:

Wow, those pics look great! I'm off the fence on this one! Now I just need to score a minature antique phonograph player! Thanks for the pics Doc!

Grim Jim said:
Wow, those pics look great! I'm off the fence on this one! Now I just need to score a minature antique phonograph player! Thanks for the pics Doc!

Anything to further the memory of Vincent Price and The Abominable Dr. Phibes.:angelsmil

As far as likeness goes...I think the Price head looks great. Ya gotta remember, in the movie his Price face is the "mask", and the Skull mask was his "face". So, he's kinda pasty and lumpy in the film w/little expressions save the eyes. I love it. LOOOOOOVVEE IIIIIIIIT!!!! Ahem..excuse me.

Yes that's true,but I think the Price likeness is slightly off,the face is too square jawed.I might have also preffered a more disdainful "snobbish" expression.Regardless,I'm very happy with the figure,it's almost two for the "Price" of one.The costuming is also up to snuff,....well,at least the white one is.It's pretty much the same quality and sheen as the Hull Werewolf of London figure.Good stuff!

Thanks for posting those pics! I'm looking forward to picking one up eventually.

Back