Action Figure Mezco 1:12 Freddy from A Nightmare on Elm Street

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
w2bQMie.jpg

What do you think of him now that he's in hand ,robbie?

I'm waiting on my delivery man now. I nabbed mine on ebay for $72 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What do you think of him now that he's in hand ,robbie?

I'm waiting on my delivery man now. I nabbed mine on ebay for $72 shipped.

I really like him. Im not a hyper collector though so having a little clothed Freddy is just awesome to me. I will say that I really think its a step up from the Myers and Jason figures. Maybe its just my love for Freddy that has an affect but I had a better time opening him then the other two.

Yeah, I received mine about an hour ago. I think he's great. The sweater looks better in hand as well. One small criticism is that two of his left hands aren't very different. We have the one with the cut off finger (awesome), a fist and then the other two. One is a relaxed hand but the other is slightly splayed. I wish one could hold his hat or something. But this is small nit pick. This thing has 4 portraits and he's loads of fun to play with.

Now give us Leatherface!

I really like him. Im not a hyper collector though so having a little clothed Freddy is just awesome to me. I will say that I really think its a step up from the Myers and Jason figures. Maybe its just my love for Freddy that has an affect but I had a better time opening him then the other two.

Really? I think the Jason is phenomenal. I might like it even more than Sideshow?s V2. I?m not the biggest Freddy fan but I?ve got the other 2 and going back and forth on snagging this below retail. I think before too long, this will be in the $60 range like Jason has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far the characters go I prefer Jason over Freddy but, yeah, I'd say the Mezco Freddy is the better figure. The weathering on the clothes and the terrific headsculpts give it the edge. While their Jason figure is still fantastic I think its headsculpts are a bit soft, the masks aren't as accurate as I'd like, and the clothing could've used some weathering.

Some pics. (Edited)

I tried to upload pictures but they keep coming up sideways. I've posted loads of pics from my phone before and I haven't done anything differently but the past few times this has happened. Anyone have an idea why?

Last edited:
Really? I think the Jason is phenomenal. I might like it even more than Sideshow?s V2. I?m not the biggest Freddy fan but I?ve got the other 2 and going back and forth on snagging this below retail. I think before too long, this will be in the $60 range like Jason has been.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Jason but Freddy was more enjoyable. I will say, Myers was disappointing. But he was my first MEzco 1:12. I pray that we get a Leatherface. It would work equally well.
Does anyone know what the scale is with the new Pinhead from Neca? It would be great if it came close to what these guys are.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Jason but Freddy was more enjoyable. I will say, Myers was disappointing. But he was my first MEzco 1:12. I pray that we get a Leatherface. It would work equally well.
Does anyone know what the scale is with the new Pinhead from Neca? It would be great if it came close to what these guys are.
Pinhead is 7 inches like most of their figures, I think. So too big. I remember being surprised how small these guys are when I first got one. But that made me more impressed with the detail and paint they did on it.

The Jason for this line is fantastic, but I gave to agree with robbie here, Freddy is the better all around figure - and the best horror figure they've done. For me the biggest hiccup with Jason is the mask. The eye holes are too big/wrong shape and it sits too close to the face. I bought an extra a while back to modify. Hopefully I can fix it. Everything else is pretty great though. The head sculpts are excellent, and he has LOADS of weapons.

Ok, I got it. For some reason the only way they will post upright is if I take pictures in landscape form. I never had to do this before....

Anyway, this is the most fun I've had with a figure in some time.

248ee0ba33b8689a674cefce2c1eb645.jpg

4fe58f9a5b1f3a421a6bcaddc6071fa5.jpg
1c8dd551a4b236a309edfeb5f4f21d16.jpg
327867fd5d8a40a695e51345b4f3040d.jpg
9b4fb0456449f37cc196fa1223cb1a87.jpg
359063cb73313d7ddef1401a8f80620c.jpg
7787ca9cd8433476b6f87c6ea81bcfe2.jpg
6921a1424124b86ff9edf770f41de336.jpg

Received mine today and I'm super impressed. For 1/12 scale the detailing and tailoring is brilliant and happy to finally have a higher-end original ANOES Freddy. My only gripe is that the sweater could be less bright - both the red and the green - but small things. Mine has some really nice soot and dirt weathering, so that compensates. Great work Mezco!

This might be my new favorite figure of the year. The one12 Jason would be a very close second.
As soon as I opened the box I was impressed, it was a very similar feeling to when I opened Jason back in March.

The likeness is spot on, all 4 heads are excellent. The expressions are all solid choices, and I love how they managed to pull off the skull head having a removable face that gives us two heads in one. Back when I saw the figure announced I was skeptical that it would work. They all swap out easily and the paint for the most part is clean with very few mistakes.

The clothes are very well tailored, I love how the sweater turned out. The material is just right and it looks so good for the scale that it is. The weathering is also not too overdone and adds to the realism. I'm also very happy with the colors. The red and green are bright, but depending on the lighting you can get it to look pretty close to the movie. I like how vibrant it is compared to the Neca ultimate. As a precaution, I did add a light amount of fray check to the inside of his collar, as I was afraid that over time from swapping/articulating his heads that it might begin to split in a few places. Before that, I also used some water and then some heat to get the right side of his collar to stand up. For some reason a lot of these seem to have one side of it flattened down making it more susceptible to damage. The pants are also good. The prototype had pants that looked too brown. Thankfully they toned that down, on the final product they are a grey/brown that seems to shift depending on lighting and distance.

The articulation is superb. I was very pleased to find out he has double elbow joints, they make a huge difference when posing him. The shoulders are also very good, as are his wrists. Even with the glove, the wrist joint has a lot of range. The whole figure is very posable, with the only issue being his ankles. I know a few reviews noticed that for some reason his ankle joints have almost no pivot to them. This is a head scratcher since the other two one12 figures I have (Myers and Jason) have really good ankle joints with very fluid ankle movement and pivot. These bad ankles are really the only big problem the figure has. I will warn that when I first got him out of the box his joints were very stiff, especially the elbows. Now that he's warmed up and I've posed him a bit they move just fine.

He doesn't have a lot when it comes to accessories, but what you get is what you need. Besides the 4 different heads, you also have plenty of hands. Including an alternate pointing glove hand was a huge plus for me, it allows for even more options when posing him. Both gloves are great, the blades are just thin enough to look good. I imagine the blades could be very fragile if you are not careful with them. When swapping them out I would advise on being extra careful and pay attention to where you hold onto the hands when swapping them out. The gloves are painted well enough, I would have preferred the glove itself to have a more accurate color to it, but I'm happy enough with it not to change it. The wrist pegs are also very small, so be careful with those too. I did have to use a hair dryer when I first tried swapping all the hands around. Speaking of which, the extra left hands he comes with are great. Now, Mezco did take some artistic license with them, as his hand did not have burns in the first film. Mezco opted to give them burns, similar to those on his head. While I do prefer things to be movie accurate, I'm not too bothered by this. They even made his forearms under the sweater have matching fully sculpted and painted burns, which is such a great touch. I'm also very impressed with the hand with the sliced off fingers. The green slime is a separate glued on piece, and it is translucent!
The stand is solid, the poster art looks great on it, though they placed the footpeg in a different spot than the other two I have so instead of standing towards the back he's in the middle of the stand.
He also comes with the trashcan lid for some reason. I'm not complaining, I just find the inclusion of it weird.

Overall, he's a spectacular Freddy figure. Worth every penny. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but he is superior to the Neca Ultimate version imo. Now don't get me wrong, I still love my Neca Ultimate part 1, he's still one of my absolute favorite Neca figures that I own. But, this Mezco version has so much more to offer. When I look at him I'm amazed that he's a mass produced piece. I can't wait to do some more serious pictures soon.

Mezco One 12 Freddy Krueger - Review by scarrviper, on Flickr

Nice review, scarrviper. He's straight up one of my favorites from any scale. He's just a lot of fun to pose and the heads give a lot of options. I'm actually surprised how much I like the skull face and smiley sculpts. Those are my favorites to use and I thought those would be the ones to get the least use.

Cant believe I ever thought of passing. If only they would announce Leatherface and make this a perfect set.
fea982e3433cb36c191053c856060d88.jpg

Back