Maisto's Custom Accessories and Private Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished Painting MGS Solid Snake. Still working on another Venom Snake, Meryl and Sniper Wolf. Enjoy!

25.jpg27.jpg

Progress on the second desert tiger stripe version of Venom Snake. 95% done. Both on Hot Toys Barney Ross bodies. Using the same Gallo head as the first Venom, just trying to source a non-recast head. Also waiting on a rifle and sniper rifle as accessories. Both rifles will require repaints and weathering. Enjoy!

29F.jpg30F.jpg

hi bud, maybe this an old post. But I'm wondering what did you do with the bruce lee body?, is it changing the feet? to make it taller?

For Rick Grimes I took the torso apart, snapped of the center post and made a new taller post using the original and some other hardware. Then put it all back together. It increased the body by approx 1/4 inch or so and has the same articulation. It is not complicated but it does help to have some experience. Let me know if you need any other info.

Finished first Venom Snake. Changed shoulder armor, painted and weathered weapons. Made adjustments to harness and increased some weathering on boots and gear. Venom is on a Hot Toys Barney Ross body. Going to work on 2 more Venom Snake's for other members of the board. Enjoy!

DSC06840.jpgDSC06838.jpgDSC06841.jpg

Finally finished Solid Snake by Sean and Geewhiz. I dyed the under suit darker. restitched the paints to tighten them up around the thighs. Lastly added some padding to the leg above the boot to make it puff out like in the game. I did some other slight mods to the body to give it the right shape.

1.jpg2.jpg

That looks great, Chris. I really do like what you did with the bottom part of the pants to puff them out. What did you use for the crotch harness? I'm using the one from the Yamato but it's not chromed out.

That looks great, Chris. I really do like what you did with the bottom part of the pants to puff them out. What did you use for the crotch harness? I'm using the one from the Yamato but it's not chromed out.

Thanks Tony. I will post a few more pics the angle doesn't show the mod very well. The harness I used was from the Sideshow Snake Eyes figure. Originally the hardware was black so I had to paint it. I also had to modify the harness to wrap around his front and back properly. I really like how he turned out. I'm also considering darkening the vest at some point, but for now on to my other more pressing work.

Thanks Tony. I will post a few more pics the angle doesn't show the mod very well. The harness I used was from the Sideshow Snake Eyes figure. Originally the hardware was black so I had to paint it. I also had to modify the harness to wrap around his front and back properly. I really like how he turned out. I'm also considering darkening the vest at some point, but for now on to my other more pressing work.

Oh alright. The only chrome harness I've considered was the Hot Toys Naked Snake but when it does pop up on eBay it's really expensive, and plus I don't think it's works all that well since the buckles are much bigger than they need to be. There's cheaper alternatives that look better.

Oh alright. The only chrome harness I've considered was the Hot Toys Naked Snake but when it does pop up on eBay it's really expensive, and plus I don't think it's works all that well since the buckles are much bigger than they need to be. There's cheaper alternatives that look better.

The only problem with the Naked snake harness is that it doesn't wrap around the butt cheeks. It comes off the shoulders straight under to the front. In MGS1 Snakes harness wraps like Venom Snakes harness does as shown in the pics. Those are extremely rare especially in in black.

metalgearsolid.jpgVenom-Snake-Gear.jpg

Yeah straight down is definitely the problem. I bought the Yamato only for the MK23, but ended up using the harness too.

That's great, Chris. Don't like seamless bodies, but it definitely works for Quiet.

Thanks Tony. I still don't like them and would prefer a different body for Quiet but unfortunately nothing else works. The Phicen metal skeleton bodies have terrible wrist joints, ankle joints would be better for boots, and the rubber on the body is way too soft.

Haven't stopped in this thread in awhile. Your MGS stuff looks great!

Thanks a lot. You should stop in more often... :)

Back