MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, haven't had posted any photos because it's going straight back: QC issue. The left arm socket was glued too far out. Huge asymmetrical gap.

As far as the figure goes, I'm on the fence. It looks like it could be fun but I think all-black figures are tough to get right at this scale...details get lost...and I'm not crazy about the flesh-tone paint apps.

It doesn't suck, but it seems to lack the character and pop their Spidey has, at least for me. A little underwhelming at first. Maybe a properly assembled one will change my mind. The joints weren't bad for tightness although the head came off too easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I decided I didn't want the hassle of returns and took a drill and some glue to the shoulder joint.

It looks much better now; I will say this...the thing is a Futzing Extravaganza.

I think there's the potential for a fun figure.

Spidey is embarrassed by Emo Batman.

212b2a5842690d814400573028f38c85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My version 2 Bats arrived Tuesday. Overall I'm very happy with him. Pretty much what I was hoping for when the original was announced a few years ago. He does still have some issues tho....

pros...
-Shoulders and legs stay firmly in their sockets.
-All 3 heads look great (tho see below) and are HUGE improvements over the 1.0 head. Both his stoic and angry faces are perfect for utilizing the artic in neutral or dynamic poses.
-All the same artic is present, he can look up (as if firing his grappling hook or driving the batpod) and looks great in pretty much all stances (tho again, see below).
-he's painted great and the gray details on the suit really pop, but also don't overshadow the overall "blackness" of the costume (hope that makes sense).
-his cape is very lightweight but also looks great. It has 4 wires in it that makes dynamic posing look that much cooler. They work pretty well for dynamic poses but again, see below.

cons...
-extra heads are nice and I've had no issues with the peg seeming faulty. However the unmasked head feels really tight on the joint and (due to the breakage rumors) I've been afraid to push it all the way done.
-toe artic. I hate toe artic and figures like this are the reason why. It's pretty loose (much like the v1) so it basically cuts his footprints in half, making him need the stand for most poses, even some neutral ones. I personally hate using stands so that's a bugger for me, tho not a deal breaker.
-one of his hip joints is a little floppy. The other joints are all tight and the hip doesn't pop out of the leg but it makes posing that much more finicky.
-speaking of posing...this is the type of figure that borders on too much artic. Simply because all the joints tend to affect one another. you'll be able to get him in some awesome poses but it will take more work than an ML, etc.
-the cape wires (while awesome for dynamic poses) make laying the cape flat for a neutral stance a pain.

I know it seems like the cons outweigh the pros but in hand they don't at all, at least not for me. I'm very happy with him and I picked up a Joker (tho I'm not happy with the face sculpts) just to go along with him. Like I said above, took them a couple tries, but this is the figure I was hoping for when this line was first announced.

Where's the Sticky Bomb Gun from? The bat-pod looks great, I totally need to pick that up and a 2.0 to go on it.

I'm surprised there aren't more of this sets out there.
Awesome little fella and super accurate Batpod, love it!

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

No QC issues and feels very good in hand. Just like a shrinked Hot Toys actually Lol
Only the handlebar can be a little fiddly to fit the hands, but that's with the HT too.

Back