Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mMrbJ5U.jpg

I just had a job interview at the hospital where Mel Gibson was born :yess:

and Pee Wee Herman. :lol

I was raised only a few blocks away from were he was raised, although he was already in Australia when I arrived to the U.S.

Btw, GM recent interview he said no extended or directors cut, the theatrical is his directors cut and that he is still interested to play in the DC universe.

Last edited:
FR just can't catch a break on the weekends. :(

1. San Andreas $53,215,000
2. Pitch Perfect 2 $14,381,000
3. Tomorrowland $13,803,000
4. Mad Max: Fury Road $13,625,000
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron $10,920,000

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

People are actually paying to see a 70's disaster movie/destruction simulation computer algorithm?

Jesus Christ I give up.

FR just can't catch a break on the weekends. :(

1. San Andreas $53,215,000
2. Pitch Perfect 2 $14,381,000
3. Tomorrowland $13,803,000
4. Mad Max: Fury Road $13,625,000
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron $10,920,000

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Disappointing about PP2. Tomorrowland barely beat Max (sad that it actually did though). Ultron's finished here.

I just hope Max is doing well elsewhere in the world.

Ultron's finished here.

Which is funny considering it actually opened this month! :lol

Everything, even blockbusters that crack the Top 10 all time, is just a flash in the pan these days. I remember when Star Wars and E.T. stayed in first run theaters for over a year. Of course there was no waiting just a few months to watch the blu-ray at home on a 60 inch screen but still.

They get to their billion much faster than any of those older movies, they're happy to move onto their next billion.

TL is doing even worse than Lone Ranger, dang Clooney.

Last edited:
Well, FR has $280 million worldwide, isn't that enough to call it a success for an R rated movie?

Budget was $150, right? So they may not have made a profit yet. Usually figure double the budget. But actors' participation and excessive advertising can raise that substantially. Doubt either is the case with Fury Road though, so I'm guessing at $300 million they would be a breakeven.

The wacky part is that some of the worst movies bring in billions in merchandising and licensing revenue yet this series has none to offer. :slap

Where is my Warboy happy meal. :lol

Last edited:
The wacky part is that some of the worst movies bring in billions in merchandising and licensing revenue yet this series has none to offer. :slap

Where is my Warboy happy meal. :lol

Miller controls all Mad Max merchandising rights and apparently hates toys. I find that odd for someone creative who surrounds themselves with other creative types, we all tend to be hyper-infantilised manchildren who draw inspiration directly from our desktop and cabinet collections of tat.

Point I'm getting at here is by being so vehemently anti-merchandising he may well have shot himself in the foot on sequels as this film is going to make substantially less than something like Pacific Rim, which continues to make bank long after its release purely on merch.

Back