Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha? *does a search* sees that Khev hasn't used the word "straw" in a post since 2012 regarding something about Bane being the last straw in TDKR. Looks like you've got me confused with someone else.

I knew this would be what you come back at with. I'm certain you've used this before because I haven't heard this term for a long, long time and I took notice. Not sure how you even "searched" for a word used by a single member in all posts -- how can you do that? I'd like to give it a try.

Anyway, I could very well be wrong about your term use, but the point is, in this case, my comments were not an argument set up to be defeated.

Jesus, Khev, what's the issue here? I post an opinion that many people seem to agree with and I get hit with "irrational" and "fan-boy" from you because of a comment about some kids needed things spelled out for them. And then you added that if I don't feel the need for Furiosa's backstory than I'm saying Max doesn't need one either? Would you please go back and re-read your post.

:lol

I'm not mad, I just think Khev 'over-defended' his argument and I'm waiting for him to admit it. I realize I might be waiting a long time.

This thread is still shiny and chromy. So is Khev.

I am actually watching this right now. I missed all the pre-hype and I'm not overly familiar with the old films but I am pretty amazed by this one.

I knew this would be what you come back at with. I'm certain you've used this before because I haven't heard this term for a long, long time and I took notice. Not sure how you even "searched" for a word used by a single member in all posts -- how can you do that? I'd like to give it a try.

Wait, you're not sure how I could conduct an "Advanced Search" where I put myself as the username and then entered a "key word?" And yet you knew that I would do just that? This is weird. And strangely hostile. Let's go make out.

:lol

I'm not mad, I just think Khev 'over-defended' his argument and I'm waiting for him to admit it.

Okay fine. You deliberately made a comment that had no relevance to the discussion at hand and I took the bait and responded as if you were trying to make some sort of point. My bad. Carry on. :D

Good, finally. Your original post just didn't sound like the usual Khev, that's why I said please go back and re-read. I made an off-the-cuff comment, yes -- I saw it as more of a cherry on top; you took it like it was a razor blade. :lol

Anyway, I was serious about knowing how to do that search. I don't know how, but it could be very useful in so many ways. Advanced search where? How does it search the entire forum?

This thread needs less making out, more Bullet Farmer. :lecture

954b8909e03ce8c6b86f54e805fdcac4.gif

Try watching it again without the expectation that Max will be the main character. It'll work better for you like that.

Im not that bothered by Max not being the main character, he does enough stuff for me.
Others things really bothered me like the cinematography, too much fx, too much designed stuff...
As for Max himself i dont like the way Hardy acted, i didnt want him to mimick Gibson but dunno the growls, the moves...
He felt like a muppet to me... I know its weird... Lol
Basically i think that Hardy has now fell into his own thing, hes the same in every movie.
In THE DROP , he s mad Max begins.

But it WAS basically a boring action flick. There are no redeeming qualities outside of glorious action scenes and crazy soundtrack.

The title says "Mad Max: Fury Road", not "The Chronicles of Mad Max: Furiosa, Immortan Joe and the Truck".
Max is the only character during the first six minutes of film.

The action is so well shot and chregraphied that its nowhere near boring.
Im really into caméra work that is why i like so many différent director, so that only is not boring.
But i get What yur saying

Last edited:
I haven't said the action was boring, but that the action and the score are two good things worth revisit. :lol

The scene where Nux and that girl were sitting looking up at the sky was horribly shot with green screen.

There was no need for green screen to be used, they couldn't just sit the actors in that little vehicle cabin in a real location?

That scene looked like something out of AOTC. :lol

Shotgun
Leg brace
Music box

I'd give you the music box. But the brace looked like poo and the shotgun wasn't his. He used a damn glock or something...sacrilege.

These... these are jokes right? RIGHT?

No they are not. But someone star wars related items in their name, avatar and signature might not agree. And that is ok.

No they are not. But someone star wars related items in their name, avatar and signature might not agree. And that is ok.

:lol Fair enough, everyone is entitled to there opinion, then again, I am not surprised that this is coming from someone with a old Mad Max gif as there sig :lol

Do you consider him to be a better character than Vader then? More iconic?

I mean the dude was a sick *******, but you gotta remember Vader slaughtered children.... and caused the suffering of billions of people across the galaxy. Vader went along with blowing a whole ******** planet up.

Vader's evil actions far outweigh Joe's.... which translate to better villain.

Back