Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen Thunderdome since the late 80's, and I remember being underwhelmed when it came out.
I guess I will have to give it another go.
Still, I remember they lost me as soon as Tina Turner was announced. From awesome independent movies we went to big stars with a silly pop song.

Beyond my previous post above, here's what you get when you google the debate:

◾There is debate amongst fans regarding whether Jedediah from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome is also the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2, as the actor Bruce Spence portrays the two characters, both of which having similar characteristics. George Miller has stated that they are in fact different characters altogether . The ending of the Road Warrior also states that the Gyro Captain became the leader of the Great Northern tribe. The Road Warrior novella reported that he then died felling wood in 2013.

I don't know George Miller personally so I can't vouch for the info, but it seems to be the story going around... regardless of what one surmises from the viewing.

I always thought Jebediah/Gyro Captain was still in the tribe during BT but on a supplies run. A type of "vacation" with the kid. I always figured that cave wasn't his home but rather a safe house deep in the desert near Bartertown.

With Miller its all ambiguous in the end I guess so there's never a concrete angle to anything.

Furiosa and Joe's origins suggest Fury Road takes place long after BT so Max being in his 30s makes no sense. Same goes for him having possession of the Interceptor and the music box. I really think Hardy is The Feral Kid grown up and post-tribe but I guess the prequel comic might contradict that. I guess I'll see when I read it.

I don't think I've seen Thunderdome since the late 80's, and I remember being underwhelmed when it came out.
I guess I will have to give it another go.
Still, I remember they lost me as soon as Tina Turner was announced. From awesome independent movies we went to big stars with a silly pop song.

I watched the bluray Saturday on my 60" 4K. Damn good movie. Not as good as the Road Warrior but Mel is just so incredibly badass in it. He does a tremendous job playing the seasoned Max. Its supposed to be 15 years after The Road Warrior and it shows. He's definitely in a better place and the kids bring out the best in him.

The biggest shocker I think is that Turner is actually good.

I always thought Jebediah/Gyro Captain was still in the tribe during BT but on a supplies run. A type of "vacation" with the kid. I always figured that cave wasn't his home but rather a safe house deep in the desert near Bartertown.

With Miller its all ambiguous in the end I guess so there's never a concrete angle to anything.

Furiosa and Joe's origins suggest Fury Road takes place long after BT so Max being in his 30s makes no sense. Same goes for him having possession of the Interceptor and the music box. I really think Hardy is The Feral Kid grown up and post-tribe but I guess the prequel comic might contradict that. I guess I'll see when I read it.

You clearly have your very own Mad Max world going on here, regardless of what others or George say.

Its implied that Jebediah from BT is the Gyro Captain from RW.

When he first sees Max in Bartertown he smiles as if he recognizes him. When they finally come face to face they play off each other as if there was some unspoken history. And the kid's probably a son he fathered with the blonde from Papagallo's camp.

He smiles cause he stole Max's stuff. :lol

Gyro became the leader of the group from Road Warrior.

Who even cares, BT sucks :lol

pretty much how I feel.

This is like really overthinking the 'clone wars' conversation between Ben and Luke in ANH... rather than just accepting that Lucas wrote it when he didn't think there'd ever be a sequel. But tons of fans do. This is how you end up with Force Snakes.

There are snakes with force powers!?. :lol

somewhere out there... in one of the books. I'm sure there's just about every kind of inane fan-fantasy imagineable out there.

Waiting for the female Vader. Maybe its Phasma.

I mean, the made a female Joker and dressed her sexy just for fans: Harley Quinn.

Who even cares, BT sucks :lol

:rotfl

As for TRW, the Gyro Captain is a pretty awesome character, perfect for levity and comic relief. He's a pretty loyal bastard to boot.

the-gyro-captain_140335-fli_1374136123.jpg

I really hope Joe and the War Boys didn't get to him.

somewhere out there... in one of the books. I'm sure there's just about every kind of inane fan-fantasy imagineable out there.

Waiting for the female Vader. Maybe its Phasma.

I mean, the made a female Joker and dressed her sexy just for fans: Harley Quinn.

Captain Orgasm :lol

:rotfl

As for TRW, the Gyro Captain is a pretty awesome character, perfect for levity and comic relief. He's a pretty loyal bastard to boot.

the-gyro-captain_140335-fli_1374136123.jpg

I really hope Joe and the War Boys didn't get to him.

He was an awesome character in RW.

He he was a wasted actor in BT.

Yep. And they were clearly buddies at the end of RW. Gyro wouldn't have robbed Max and left him to wander the desert with no supplies.

I could buy him not knowing it was Max on the camel wagon in the beginning, but it's a moot point since he's not the GC.

Nah, it's a bit of a "WTF" departure from the other two films but it's no SM3 or Alien Resurrection. It's still above average.

I don't know, I'll let Wor-Gar decide that for me. :lol

considering this will make 325 million or so worldwide for an R rated flick I'm more opimistic for a sequel :)

It opens in Japan on Friday and still has China to go, not to mention it's still in the top five in the U.S. I'm guessing it ends up closer to $400 million when all is said and done.

After watching it in 3D, I have to heavily endorse it. The best movie I have seen in years!

Better see it soon as half the theaters I looked for have stopped showing it.

Back