Mad Max Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If 10 of you want to pay me $10 each then I can get you 40 to 60 (estimated guess) top pics taken by one of the marauders during filming in May 1981. I will need a bit of time to arrange it as these are from a private collection...but money talks. These pics are promised to be top, close up NEVER before seen in the public ultra bad ass mad max memorabilia!! Even the Silverton pub dont have a collection this nice. I have seen many of the private collections of pics out here and these pics that I could get for you are by far the best ones I have seen. Ive been meaning to get them digitalized but I need to drop some coin in my old mates pocket to get him comfortable in one of his lifes treasures. As best that I can remember there is about 50 or so pics, all great pics. My mate who took the pics was the marauder who wore a black hockey goal mask with a blue hair and his black motorbike was his bike but the special effects people covered his fuel tank with the hide of a...goat or cow?

Well I wont be able to get them done on my own until I have the cash for it, so thats about a month until I'm caught up and can get them done. Thats a maybe. But if a handfull of yous put in some of the sweat via my paypal I can get them done by next Saturday, then they will be uploaded and I will give passwords to everyone who helped out to get them digitalized and on the net.

And sorry but I have no sample pics, you will have to trust me. I need $100 to drop on the owner of the pics to get him to let me put them on my computer. The only profit that I plan on getting is a copy of the pics.

No offense but I think a lot of the trust on this site was used up by a certain "sculptor" who didn't deliver . I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say that we'd all need to see something solid before we'd commit to sending anyone any $$. Besides I think if the pics were out there they would already be out there !

Bummer about not doing the dog, I'd pay $40 for a acturate sculpt of him.

As for the never before seen pics for $$$, I'd rather pay to see them in a book, than off some messageboard peddler.

I may give a shot at sculpting it myself, but no guarantees at this time.

This may just discourage any hardy soul considering an attempt of their own, but for thirteen bucks, here's the reference you'll need:

Modelling and Sculpting Animals by Edouard Lanteri

There is also a book on sculpting humans by Lanteri; both books are transcriptions of his lectures. He was a renowned teacher one hundred years ago, so the fact that his books are still available -- and that Rodin was one of his students -- ought to tell you something. I read him before I travelled to Italy two years ago, and it deepened my appreciation of the sculpture I saw there.

OK fair enough I will do it on my own.

I just may have a treat for this and one other board in a short while. I want to get these MM2 pics before its too late.

Toy Anxiety knows i live out here, they just sent me a package last week. #5**5 ;)

Last edited:
Your pictures sound very cool, and I'm a long-time movie memorabilia collector. I've collected official movie posters, photos, displays and more since I was 13 years old in 1984. But I, like everyone else here, would like to see some samples of these "on-set" pictures you have from "The Road Warrior" first before putting ANY money down on them. Thanks.

I,ll get the pics and start another thread with them. give me a month. Also I will see about whats going on in the production of MM4, they just started out here and will be in town for a few months.

Holy cow! That soon? That's GREAT news! Now I'm just hoping to have the money to get it. Toy Anxiety...how much are they going to cost on your website? Please let us know here. If you've mentioned the price before, I'm sorry if I overlooked that. Thanks again for all you're doing in this project for us! :wave

Okay, thank you! Any idea Toy Anxiety about how many castings will be made of the Max head sculpt for sale on your website?

Back