1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Even though Luke is not my favorite character, he has iconic outfits that are just great. Moisture farmer, Jedi Luke, Hoth Luke, and now X Wing Luke and hopefully soon to be Endor Luke.

i don't know about you guys, but i am willing to pay more if sidsehow would get to the point of matching ht quality. DID figures, are the same price as SS but are 10 times the quality on the human likeness.

the problem is SS is trying to keep their market rate the same to ensure their products will continue to sell. raise the price if that is what it takes, stop releasing so many lame clones and put your efforts into perfecting the figure as opposed to just releasing 200 figures that aren't worth 200. pick it up SS or i will just go the custom route and leave you aside.

Problem is that Sideshow HAS raised their prices significantly. I appreciate them trying new techniques to make their products look better, but I was hoping for better successes in their final products. It's even more frustrating when people like DID and Star Ace manage to do HT quality heads but Sideshow is always just a bit shy in the final production. The protos are always pretty much great, they just can't get them produced properly. You'd think after all these years in the business they would have figured out HTs secret by now.

Awesome now instead of milking the Clones they can milk the X-Wing pilots.

Beats milking cats and rats.

Had to subscribe to this thread just to make sure I don't miss any images. Not interested in the figure for purchase, but I definitely want to check it out. Super-curious what the head sculpt will look like and whether it'll have a functioning helmet or ala Vader, a hand-hold only helmet and two heads, one with and one without helmet.

That makes the most sense. Removable helmets don't work too well IMO.

I think this is generally because they are often made slightly too large, in an effort to try to avoid the risk of damaging the head sculpt / helmet, when the figure is being futzed with.. the alternative being helmets that come apart to fit the head sculpt, but those can be a bit fragile.

As cool as all this new OT stuff is, and I really am loving it, I prolly ain't buying any of it. :lol With the exception of R2 (which we're getting) what I REALLY want now is a good Han and Leia. At this point I dont much care whether its ANH or ESB.

I really think I'm going to have to buy this And a scout trooper. Maybe a bike I'm not sure. Probably not c3po as I have the bandai but jeez feel the OT love

As cool as all this new OT stuff is, and I really am loving it, I prolly ain't buying any of it. :lol With the exception of R2 (which we're getting) what I REALLY want now is a good Han and Leia. At this point I dont much care whether its ANH or ESB.
I noticed your post in the Biker Scout thread too, & responded appropriately. :lol

Hopefully the Scout's not wonky in some way, so that holding - he's on my list. After seeing the Jango prototype, I'm now down to ONE definite buy from SSC, & a couple maybes at the moment. I still want the Sand People figure, maybe R2, & we'll see how 3PO turns out. :lol

Now if they also bought out a Wedge and Biggs, that would be one awesome display. But of course that will never happen and one can only dream.

Now if they also bought out a Wedge and Biggs, that would be one awesome display. But of course that will never happen and one can only dream.

Darth Fok's prized display-to-come:

DeathStar_plans.png

A bunch of extras watching a Vectrex. Cool.

That's the pilot figure I've always wanted. That guy, the one in the third row, five over. Can you imagine if Sideshow were to release him? Wow! If they released a facial-hair accessory pack we could easily make another 3 to 6 unnamed characters.

But honestly, I have no idea if Sideshow will re-use any of these latest moulds and patterns, but they've definitely set a (serious) precedent with the clones, even if they're more current. I'm convinced there are two or three people here in the forum (you know who you are) that are probably responsible for most of their sales. ;)

Last edited:
Where's my Porkins, Sideshow!?

..... (Jk.. No Sideshow, No...I was joking!....noooooooooooooooooooooooooo........)

That's the pilot figure I've always wanted. That guy, the one in the third row, five over.

Absolutely. I would love a Theron Nett (Red 10) figure, which Sideshow will get to as their 24th repaint of the Rebel pilot line. By that time 2017, we'll all be clamoring for clones again and Jek Porkins will still not have a figure for reasons no one can figure out.

In all seriousness, I do hope we get all sorts of pilots. In moderation, of course. A Wedge at least.

A bunch of extras watching a Vectrex. Cool.

That's the pilot figure I've always wanted. That guy, the one in the third row, five over. Can you imagine if Sideshow were to release him? Wow! If they released a facial-hair accessory pack we could easily make another 3 to 6 unnamed characters.

But honestly, I have no idea if Sideshow will re-use any of these latest moulds and patterns, but they've definitely set a (serious) precedent with the clones, even if they're more current. I'm convinced there are two or three people here in the forum (you know who you are) that are probably responsible for most of their sales. ;)
:lol :lol :lol

Back