1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think before I jump up for joy we need to see the production run Hoth Luke and Han. This is the only gauge as to how SS compares to HT human likeness. As of now I am staying away from SS human likeness (i.e.. Vader, Fett and future R2).

I think before I jump up for joy we need to see the production run Hoth Luke and Han. This is the only gauge as to how SS compares to HT human likeness. As of now I am staying away from SS human likeness (i.e.. Vader, Fett and future R2).

I would agree with this. Proto pics always look great but can and have in the past differed greatly from what we receive.

They amaze us with how bad they are, lol. Better?

:lol I knew what you meant, I was only messing with you! :hi5:

Plus after the SSC Drake fiasco, I don't know if I will PO another figure from SSC with a headsculpt until in-hand photos come out. They need to earn back some trust before I take their word on a prototype.

Is it that hard to paint in the tatoo and stay within the lines? And those eyes do look pretty bad.

The thing that gets me is a few years ago, SS would make this situation right and do pretty much what the customer wanted done. Nowadays they say, "All product looks that way and we can't offer you a refund."

If it wasn't for that one deep set eye, then it would look pretty good. As it is though, he kind of looks like he's had a stroke.

Yeah with sideshow collectibles amazing paint apps now they could probably make hot toys luke look like a hasbro fig

1399646241809.gif

1399646241809.gif

1399646241809.gif

1399646241809.gif

I agree the tattoo could be cleaner, but I don't get the issue with the eyes. To me, they aren't different sizes. He has his eyebrow cocked and that eye is open wider, as it should be. Of course, I don't have it in hand, but that's just my take on it.

Is it that hard to paint in the tatoo and stay within the lines? And those eyes do look pretty bad.

The thing that gets me is a few years ago, SS would make this situation right and do pretty much what the customer wanted done. Nowadays they say, "All product looks that way and we can't offer you a refund."

If it wasn't for that one deep set eye, then it would look pretty good. As it is though, he kind of looks like he's had a stroke.

The pic of that head at Toy anxiety reveals the "pontoon eyes"(One sticks, one twists, lol). And the rubber hair seems to be overlapped badly at the sideburn area.
I can't believe this kind of bad product escaped through quality control.
We can only keep our fingers crossed that Hoth Han and Luke are better in the run up to X-wing pilot luke.

head.jpg

Echo's eyes do look funny but they looked funny in the proto as well. They don't look anywhere near as bad in hand and Five's looks damn good. Let's also not forget Wolffe also uses this new system and he looks great.

Echo's eyes do look funny but they looked funny in the proto as well. They don't look anywhere near as bad in hand and Five's looks damn good. Let's also not forget Wolffe also uses this new system and he looks great.

Of course. Wolffe looks amazing. Both sculpts.
I'm not trying to put the system down.
Wolffe does look great, as does catwoman. I was only pointing out that Nathan and the Echo look a bit off.
It has me personally worried for Superman and Snake Plisskin.

head.jpg

OK, now THIS does look terrible. Looks almost like a pic from a Star Wars "caption this" contest.

I was initially so excited and optimistic about the new head technique Sideshow was doing. The prototypes last year looked exceptional.

But even I have to admit that the finished products leave a lot to be desired. I truly hope they iron out the kinks by the time they get to Hoth Luke and Han.

And how is it that a new company like Star Ace is doing such kick butt sculpts, but Sideshow still keeps just missing the mark?

I was initially so excited and optimistic about the new head technique Sideshow was doing. The prototypes last year looked exceptional.

But even I have to admit that the finished products leave a lot to be desired. I truly hope they iron out the kinks by the time they get to Hoth Luke and Han.

And how is it that a new company like Star Ace is doing such kick butt sculpts, but Sideshow still keeps just missing the mark?

I'm going to guess they cut corners by hiring the cheapest factories to make their products... :dunno

i don't know about you guys, but i am willing to pay more if sidsehow would get to the point of matching ht quality. DID figures, are the same price as SS but are 10 times the quality on the human likeness.

the problem is SS is trying to keep their market rate the same to ensure their products will continue to sell. raise the price if that is what it takes, stop releasing so many lame clones and put your efforts into perfecting the figure as opposed to just releasing 200 figures that aren't worth 200. pick it up SS or i will just go the custom route and leave you aside.

I opened my box few mins ago and Echo doesn't look as bad as that picture, at least mine doesn't... Probably a case of inconsistent QC again... Some will look better then others.... But that's pretty much SS motto.

Back