Luke Is Shipping!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
No he pretty much looks like Mark Hamill

Of course he looks like Hamill. But as with all 1/6 figures, it is a loose resemblance. That was the only reference photo I could find of Mabius, but if you have watched Eyes, The L Word, and Resident Evil, you can see the resemblance, especially in the profile. I think it's pretty cool actually. BTW, I wasn't knocking the sculpt. It was supposed to be a complement.

Loose resemblance?

Jedi Luke is dead on exact for Mark. No ands ifs or buts about it. He looks like no other person.

Wait, he does look like that guy that stared in Corvette Summer.

Oh, but that was Mark Hamill too, my bad.

When I got him, the first thing I did was to put him side by side with the Hasbro version (the FAO two pack with Bib Fortuna). The difference is absolutely amazing. I think I'll have to retire my beloved Hasbro 12"ers, because there's no way one can display the two lines together.

At least it's not the "essence" of Mark Hamill. I think he also looks like the guy in Big Red One.

Hi all this is my first actual post here other than to announce myself.I wanted to wait till i had an actual SS product in hand before giving my .02 in anything.

I really like the figure however, the ape arms and friggin huge monkey paw force hand just don't look right in proportion.

I want to keep buying all of them but this is a pretty
major issue(the arms anyways).

I really wish there was a little more travel in the elbows to bring the bicep and forearm closer together to hold the lightsaber closer to the body.

All in all i'm pretty happy with Luke and will try to roll with a couple bumps in the road.

Looking foward to future figs and discussion with you SSFreaks!!

CHEERS.....:joy

Dead on sculpt, no doubt about it.................it's a winner all the way around!
theverse

I finally got my Luke. He really is so nice. I find the robe to be maddening though, I fiddled with it for a good half hour before I was satisfied, still not quite how I want it to be, but that part of the fun! There is one thing I noticed...and I'm rather surprised I'm the only one to notice, or maybe I'm the only one bothering to point it out. On Luke's handle the red triangle is pointing towards the blade and the green is pointing towards Luke. I think it should be the other way around, at least it is the other way around on the MR FX one. Not that I care, which is probably obvious since I don't even know which one is right. Now I just have one last dilemma, do I display look with the lightsaber ignited...

blade ignited or not, it looks really good......i'm a fan of him in his robe, with force welding hand out, with hilt in right hand.......just me........
theverse

Really, that is one awesome pose, I'm sure you know that...............it's basically saying, I'm here to either use the force to trick your mind, or, simply cut you down when I ignite my blade..............yes, yes, and yes.................a big thumbs up for being on the same page!
theverse

I can't wait to get a Mara Jade to pose him with, definately posing her with blaster drawn and lightsaber ignited giving Luke five seconds to mind trick them before she takes care of the problem herself.

I actually don't have anything to add to this thread, but we're just 7 away from making it an 800 post thread!:monkey1

Make that "5" posts away... ;)

I will say that the packaging is definitely the new standard in 12" collectible figures. Those magnets were too cool, as well...

The packaging is outstanding. Very elegant looking. I hope they continue this style for the rest of the figures. Love the coloring on it too.

I think will be the longest ever. I just hope it's not screwing with the database in some way I don't know about...

Back