Looking for opinions on these 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, an independent dealer has a pair of 1:1 scale busts that he's willing to sell for $400 a piece. I love both pieces and I only have money for one. So here's where I'm going with this...

He has two Marvel 1:1 busts. Spider-man or The Thing. I'm really tossed between the 2 because I love both characters (even though the Human Torch slightly edges out The Thing as my favorite Fantastic 4 character) and Spider-man looks classic!! I love both busts equally!!

Now, I'm not into flipping anything. I don't even have an e-bay/paypal account. So keep that in mind. It's never been about how much I can sell these products off in the long run, it's all about adding an incredible piece to my growing collection.

So I have to ask...Which one of these busts should I get? Any recommendations or advice???

I'm going to say this as kindly as possible. If you don't get The Thing you are a fool. 400 is overpriced for Spidey, and though I am not a Thing fan, the bust is friggin' amazing. If you get Spidey I'll take the Thing and you can ship it to me lol(seriously).

Thanks for the advice Ryan!! I was kinda leaning towards the Thing myself. The teeth on that bust look incredible and my wife (humorously) noted that the Thing would actually look good with the wall color in that room, although she said the price of each of those busts were too high and she doesn't like either character...but it's my choice/my room...I could do whatever I want.

If you don't get The Thing you are a fool...the bust is friggin' amazing.
I can attest to that The Thing is F'N AWESOME, I also have the Spidey bust, they are really impressive! :rock

:D
DSC00166.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Last edited:
No brainer here...GET THE THING!!!

The Thing is far more rarer than Spidey and IMO is much better.

I'm still majorly PI$$ED that I had to canel mine at the last minute!!! :cuss:cuss

My advice, buy the character that you like the most. If it's the Thing, then buy just him. But if you like spiderman more, buy spiderman and the Thing, then sell The Thing bust on Ebay for double the retail price which would basically pay for your spidey.

Thanks so much for the advice guys!! I think I've ruled out the Spidey bust...I was kinda leaning towards the Thing bust as I liked it a little bit more but I just wanted another take before I head back. I never knew that the Thing bust was as limited as it was until I saw the edition size on Sideshow's website. Not only that, it's such a badass 1:1 bust and would look amazing with the collection I already have.

Instead of getting the Spidey 1:1 bust, I think I'm going to preorder the MR Spiderman 3 Full Scale Mask Replica for $150. It gives me (easily) enough time to fully pay off the Thing on my CC so when the Spiderman Mask Replica ships...I'll have both Spiderman (from a certain point of view ;)) and the Thing 1:1 bust. Thanks again everybody!!!

:chew:chew:chew

Sidey 1.1 you can get cheaper on e-bay. The Thing bust hardly EVER comes up for sale. And usually sells for ALOT more than $400 scheckles. THING BUST ALL THE WAY !!!!!

Back