Looking for a vacuum caster on the board

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

if there is sombody on this board who offers vacuum casting at an affordable / fellow collector :) rate,

please lmk! :pray:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:
Hey Robbie, thank you for your reply! :hi5: Could probably also be pressure casting if it's well done I think.
It's important that the casting results will be bubble-free and without deformations for these parts to be made:

8d8d58ba5e4d5141d5aee88c0982a137.jpg

The final models will a have some more details. Do you know somebody or do you make pressure castings yourself? :panic:

Last edited:
I do, but I'm not sure I could offer a board member rate because of my schedule.

Most vacuuming is only done with the rubber before the pour to get out the air. Most stuff I have read and seen pressure cast because vacuuming takes time and the material expands.
When pressure casting, the mold must be cured at the same pressure as the intended casting so the caster would need to make the molds also. Even with pressure castings, the mold must be set up correctly with good flow so you don't get air pockets. Those pieces don't look to have many undercuts, so I would find the hardest rubber I could to keep the mold from distorting, but other than that, it doesn't look too difficult.

PM me what you want to pay the caster per piece and we can see if its in my range.

Thanks again Robbie, specially for taking the time to explain this. Will pm you in a minute. :duff

Back