Locks for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorkstar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been researching different locks for my Detolf cabinets, but I couldn't find anything that didn't require modifications. I'm not very handy, so I'm looking for an easy-to-install lock without having to cut or drill holes. Does anyone have recommendations on a good lock? PS: Duct tape is not the answer I'm looking for :lol

Almost every subject can already be found in these forums - excellent.

Detolf locks (glass cabinet specific): https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...amp-Service)&p=5392421&viewfull=1#post5392421

9191699745_5a09a0e660_z.jpg

One board members solution (can't remember who or which thread it was in) was to put the figures in facing the back of the cabinet, and then push the door side up against the wall. You'd be looking at the back of the cabinet with figures facing you if that makes sense. Obviously that will only be ideal if you plan on filling one up and pretty much never reposing or changing the collection, but it's cheap and requires zero modification. I think I'd go the lock route, check out Pixel Piper's thread he's got a really nice setup, and documents pretty much everything he's done.

The backwards cabinet solution is nice and simple if you have otherwise bare backgrounds and use stands for your figures. If you look at my setup it wouldn't work too well because it would be a huge pain to set up the figures and items plus backgrounds, and I also don't use stands for many figures.

In keeping things secure, one thing that shouldn't be overlooked is securing the cabinet to the wall - this should always be done, whether the Detolf is elevated on top of something else or simply set up on the floor. They're really easy to tip over if you ever hit them with a shoulder for example.

Just get them on eBay and follow the directions in my showroom thread. They're super easy to install.

Back