Limited Edition Dark KNight Batarangs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvcchevy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Found this on craigslist....just seems like the guy is trying to scam people who don't know anything. I haven't been able to find any limited editions....and I've seen them online for anywhere from $70-$140. I replied to the guy asking him about it....especially concerned about all the quoted phrases.:cuckoo:

Any thoughts?

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/2766501914.html

-Chris-

I think those were the ones from Warner Bros. They released those, the Two-Face coin, and I think the Joker cards. Check out wbshop.com , Warner Bros.' Official site, as they tend to have older stock sometimes at a lower price.

These were sold by either WB or The Noble Collection.
Unless you're going to physically use them their not worth the price tag if you ask me.

Happy Kwanzaa to all my NV brothers at arms.

Last edited:
That Batarang is by The Noble Collection.
It is a replica and is NOT an on-set used props.

that guy in Las vegas should go shoot himself for being stupid and try to scam people.

this is his reply:

Hello, yes the Batarang does have a COA with it, actually DC Comics did produce this so there IS information about it out there and on the web. They made movie prop pieces of the Batarang and of the Grapel Gun which are made exactly like the one used in the movie and they release them as a limited edition for a short period of time. I have both the batarang and grapel gun on my wall. I just have an extra Batarang and that's the one I'm selling on Craigslist. But YES they ARE LEGIT because these were produced by DC Comics and DC Comics owns the rights to Batman.

Thank you for your email

They are legit.
Because I have them too, which I ordered from The Noble Collection.

But they are not screen-used pieces.

Oh, I know they are legit....skymall even has them....He's saying these particular ones are commissioned by DC and they are numbered. And 1 minute he says they arent replicas...then he calls them a replica. All I'm trying to figure out is, if there is a limited edition and numbered set of these.

Here you go:

https://www.noblecollection.com/index.cfm?fa=products.catagory&catid=45

And the Batarang is only $69

Don't fall for $200 which is what that guy is asking.

I don't think he's out to scam people.

He's just being confusing in his terminology (likely due to ignorance on his part). The description says they're "made exactly to the specs" of the film-used batarang, implying it's a replica. Later he says they're props and not a replica, but I think he's just confused by what "replica" really means.

Nowhere does he say this is a "screen-used" prop.

He's just trying to say that they're exactly LIKE what was used on-screen.

The price is a bit high, but again, he probably doesn't know any better. Or he thinks other collectors won't know any better, which is a likely possibility for some. But that's not a scam, that's just selling it at a high price because the buyer doesn't know he could find it for cheaper elsewhere. Just like Borders isn't "scamming" people when they list a book on their website at a higher price than can be found on Amazon.

very well and thought out haytil.....i just feel sorry for other buyers who are gonna read that and be like, "OMG! I'll pay double for that!!"...without even shopping around or doing any research.

I don't think he's out to scam people.

He's just being confusing in his terminology (likely due to ignorance on his part). The description says they're "made exactly to the specs" of the film-used batarang, implying it's a replica. Later he says they're props and not a replica, but I think he's just confused by what "replica" really means.

Nowhere does he say this is a "screen-used" prop.

He's just trying to say that they're exactly LIKE what was used on-screen.

The price is a bit high, but again, he probably doesn't know any better. Or he thinks other collectors won't know any better, which is a likely possibility for some. But that's not a scam, that's just selling it at a high price because the buyer doesn't know he could find it for cheaper elsewhere. Just like Borders isn't "scamming" people when they list a book on their website at a higher price than can be found on Amazon.

Hmmmm, . . you wouldn't happen to live in Las Vegas, would you?

Because he's implying that Haytil's defense of the seller is an indication that Haytil is the seller. Common sense has that kind of effect on some people.

if haytil is the seller....then he knows he trying to scam people.....or he would have posted that item for sale on here....as opposed to selling it on craigslist, to some unknowing buyer.

(in no way am i accusing haytil of being the seller)

Back