Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
There's no doubt they can! Of course they can! Question is: will they ever make it? There might be enough demand, but what would the Rankor cost (compared to other SSC items)?
If it's hollow vinyl like Jabba, I can't see it costing over $250.

My collection just isn't designed to include a Rancor. I could never justify him without a Jabba set-up to go with, and that just isn't going to be possible. I mean, it's a giant monster for pity's sake! He's hideous!

But man, seeing Luke battle it out underneath a massive Jabba set-up--it's like a museum in my own home. Hmm.....Now it's tempting LOL............
:rotfl

Captain Aldeggon said:
But man, seeing Luke battle it out underneath a massive Jabba set-up--it's like a museum in my own home. Hmm.....Now it's tempting LOL............:rotfl

Aye aye Cap'n!

Its possible. They've already put all available hands onto the wallet eating license that is Star Wars and we've already gotten much lesser characters. They're not focusing on many [if any] of the older licenses and if they can sell it for about the same as a PF figure but have it cross over into 1:6 I can see them going for that hard earned buck.

I won't deny that Sideshow is a company out to make money, but I will say that they do not strike me as a company that let's monetary gain drive it's decisions. Sideshow strikes me as a group of people like us, passionate about the subjects they produce collectibles for, and just happen to have the skills and resources to make products where we aren't so fortunate and are left to buy them. I feel that if they produce a Rancor, it will be driven by a desire to push the 1/6 genre, create another highly impressive Star Wars creature that defies expectations of the company, and create another amazing collectible that will stand out in the history of Star Wars collectibles, and I think the profit is one of the last things considered when deciding whether or not to take on an endeavor like a 1/6 scale Rancor.

MaulFan said:
I won't deny that Sideshow is a company out to make money, but I will say that they do not strike me as a company that let's monetary gain drive it's decisions. Sideshow strikes me as a group of people like us, passionate about the subjects they produce collectibles for, and just happen to have the skills and resources to make products where we aren't so fortunate and are left to buy them. I feel that if they produce a Rancor, it will be driven by a desire to push the 1/6 genre, create another highly impressive Star Wars creature that defies expectations of the company, and create another amazing collectible that will stand out in the history of Star Wars collectibles, and I think the profit is one of the last things considered when deciding whether or not to take on an endeavor like a 1/6 scale Rancor.

Exactly! Having the chance to get to know SS both here and in person the last 4 years I have to say they're as dedicated to LOTR, SW, Marvel, POTA, Dead, Bond, Etc. as we are collecting them. They do care about these products and want to push them to the max. That's why I think some of the wilder items we've talked about have a strong chance of happening.

It would be awesome to have a 1/6 scale Rancor but what I'm really aching for is a 1/6 scale...BALROG!!! Bet you thought I was going to say Medieval Kurgan (though that would be nice too).

Seriously, a Rancor would be cool but I don't know if I'd buy. I would buy a 1/6 scale Balrog but it would break me. My kid would love it, though. Heck, she loves my NECA Balrog. She asked if she could have one of her own (I've poisoned her mind).

I do believe Sideshow will eventually make a 1/6 scale Rancor. I'm certain they can easily sell them and it will make some fans really happy. Now us broke b**tards will just grin and bear it and buy the thing or pass. If Sideshow can create it and make money I kinda hope they do. It would make a great grail piece. Sometimes the hunt is the best part.

I think the Rancor stands a better chance of being made than the other two things I mentioned. I welcome the madness but I'm not a completest. I would be sweating bullets over the possibility of a Rancor if I were.

Ok, between here and the RS threads, I've been seeing it over and over and my curiosity is getting to me, what is Kurgan?

MaulFan said:
Ok, between here and the RS threads, I've been seeing it over and over and my curiosity is getting to me, what is Kurgan?
:lol You don't want to know, trust me! :D

As for the Rancor, I want one now. I think if I display him under my jabba, then he'd look really cool!

I agree with the feeling of wanting a Rancor now, but I'm losing too much patience for Jabba, got to, got to, got to have him first and enjoy him for a while, they can give us Rancor in April haha.

MaulFan said:
I agree with the feeling of wanting a Rancor now, but I'm losing too much patience for Jabba, got to, got to, got to have him first and enjoy him for a while, they can give us Rancor in April haha.

I think a huge set up/priced item should only come every other year. I $400+ set up every year is going to make a lot of people unable to afford everything they want from Sideshow. Best to space it out and let people recover from Jabba.

My tentative Jabba display is an old dresser/desk thingy from downstairs. The desk thingy would almost have enough for a Rancor to fit underneath or at least in front of. It would make a great display to have Jabba on the desk and the Rancor pit on the floor.

I just fear that IF they weren't already planning a Rancor, our thinking about it, calculating it, etc might get them to instead. :eek:

Exclusive: GG hand to stick out of mouth? Site exclusive? :confused:

Back