LICENSED '78 Michael Myers Mask Being Developed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt looks good. But IMHO, I do not see the real mask that was used in the 78 film. Looks too different. Hope they continue to improve on this.

newmask41.jpg

Not even the paint can save this sculpt. Yuck.

I don't think this is better than any of the custom ones and wouldn't buy it unless the shipped mask looked otherwise, but I just like that after all of these years, they're even attempting one, and whether they hit the mark or not, they're trying to replicate the Shatner mask. It seemed like the license holders didn't care how much fans wanted to see authentic merchandise, all the official masks have been way off. It's curious how NECA and McFarlane were able to do authentic likenesses but Sideshow's figure is so off, and they've said before it's a hard license to get when asked about new Michael stuff. This is a classic movie and anytime something authentic like this is made, no matter how unappealing it might seem, it's just nice to see it being done. I would love to see Sideshow be able to make a PF Myers.

it doesnt look like shatner. he needs to be seen in mask features for it to succeed. wonder if problem with williams likeness rights is reason.

i think its really good , pretty much dead nut to the original , idk what you guys are seeing :dunno

No, just no. While this looks better than any of the previous mass produced masks that they have put out, the sculpt does not look like a kirk mask. Dont care what anyone says, you need a NAG coverted by Jc or AHG to get that look. This mask doesnt even come close. Nice try though.

No, just no. While this looks better than any of the previous mass produced masks that they have put out, the sculpt does not look like a kirk mask. Dont care what anyone says, you need a NAG coverted by Jc or AHG to get that look. This mask doesnt even come close. Nice try though.

:wave :nana:
AMYERS.jpg

AMYERS-1.jpg

No--thats a Maniac.

Hair looks great on it, from what I've seen, the hair is usually the bigger feature to set the custom masks apart, most get the face right, but some fail in the hair department but that one you posted looks "fantastic".

Back