Let's guess who the next LOTR 12" figure will be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be the next LOTR 12" figure?

• Boromir

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Faramir

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Legolas

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Gimli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Eomer

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Ring Wraith

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Saruman

• Gandalf the Grey

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Gandalf the White

• Total voters
adrijami said:

Ok, I'll bite. :D
Why does everyone like Faramir so much?
Not that I don't like him but I didn't think he was that popular of a character. So I'm interested in why he's so many peoples apparent favorite. :confused:

Oh Yeah, I bet it's Gandalf the Grey

Killbeggar said:
Why does everyone like Faramir so much?
Not that I don't like him but I didn't think he was that popular of a character. So I'm interested in why he's so many peoples apparent favorite.

Faramir was one of my favorite characters in the book. He had a good heart and wasn't tempted by the ring, and he went out of his way to help Frodo and Sam. Between the parting of the fellowship and the destruction of the ring, he provided the only moment of relief for them. You also have some sympathy for him because of how his father treats him. Granted, in the movie they changed his character--made him less noble and helpful, and more suceptible to temptation.

As for the demand for a Faramir figure, I think it has something to do with the fact that there was never a bust or statue released for him in the original SS/W line. The lack of representation in our collection has increased the demand beyond what you would normally expect for a secondary character--the completists need their Faramir itch scratched.

its actually gonna be either arwen or galadriel because they said at ORC it was going to be a female character and an elf,atleast thats what i heard.

When making this poll, I was limited to 10 choices and entered the first and most important that entered my mind but your right, those two are very important and it could very well be either of them...

Personally, I'd love to see an "Arwen" (in her riding outfit) figure!

tomandshell said:
As for the demand for a Faramir figure, I think it has something to do with the fact that there was never a bust or statue released for him in the original SS/W line. The lack of representation in our collection has increased the demand beyond what you would normally expect for a secondary character--the completists need their Faramir itch scratched.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. i didn't know that SSW didn't make him. I can see why he would be wanted a bit more than usual.

I have to say that I don't really have any interest in a Ringwraith unless its in trueform maybe. There are so many other characters I would like to see before we get a black hooded figure.

Just curious, what appeals to people about a 1/6 ringwraith? It could be cool i suppose but I would prefer another great character sculpt with a ton of accessories and tailoring. I would like a wraith if we got a mount as well but I don't think they'll be making steeds for a long time.

Side-Winder said:
its actually gonna be either arwen or galadriel because they said at ORC it was going to be a female character and an elf,atleast thats what i heard.

If so, I may already be passing on a figure in this line...

I was hoping for either another Fellowship character or a Moria Orc.

I believe what they said was that an Elf Character was coming and that it would be a girl but from what I read they said nothing about it being the next figure.

I do recall someone posted some info regarding one of the next LOTR announcements to be a female, which kind of limits your choices. I would guess Arwen in her riding outfit as the next figure.

I think a ringwraith would be so cool. I think Sideshow could make an amazing figure that still had a lot of character, without a sculpted head! Even cooler would be a sculpted head of a wraith, but done in clear plastic.

Seaward said:
I do recall someone posted some info regarding one of the next LOTR announcements to be a female, which kind of limits your choices. I would guess Arwen in her riding outfit as the next figure.

An elf lady is coming. Don't know if it's in the PF or 12" line though.

That's what was told to some members of LOTRG.com I wouldn't say that the next figure would be a elf lady but it's possible.

jlcmsu said:
...I wouldn't say that the next figure would be a elf lady but it's possible.

I hope it's not. Too many much cooler figures that can be made. Plus, based on secondary market values, neither Arwen nor Galadriel seem like they were that popular.

Back