let the price gouging begin! 12in. luke exc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grats on your auction Greed(o), kidding man; really it is tempting. :D

Yes I did sell 2. One was mine, The other belongs to Show73 who I sold it for.

Grats on your auction Greed(o), kidding man; really it is tempting.

Thanks LOTRfan :D
The profits are definatly going towards My Greedo 1:1 scale. :banana

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Just so that there is no doubt--ALL of these ebay auctions for the 12" Luke are in violation of Ebay's pre-sale listing policies.

Here is a link to Ebay's Customer Service reporting page:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Feel free to cut and paste the following message and send it on to Ebay. Simply update the auction number information as it becomes necessary to do so. The only way to stop this kind of behavior is to encourage Ebay to take these auctions offline. If they can't scalp them right away, they won't buy the next exclusive, and there will be more left for the true collectors! Don't blame Sideshow, let's take the fight to Ebay and see how many scalpers we can shut down!!! :tap

---Attention Ebay Customer Service: The following auctions are all in violation of your policy that requires pre-sale listing auction items to be in hand within thirty days of the close of the auction. The item being promised will not actually be released by the manufacturer until as late as March of 2006. Since these auctions are promising an item that cannot possibly be delivered within the thirty day window, I request that you cancel these auctions immediately and remove them from Ebay, penalizing the sellers to the maximum extent possible for their blatant disregard for your rules, including suspension of their accounts. The auction numbers are as follows: 6013086454, 6013086833, 6013118192, 6013121106, 6013232895, 6578506931, 6013102846, 6013122531, 6013354296. Thank you for your time and for your swift response.---

Last edited:
The only way to stop this kind of behavior is to encourage Ebay to take these auctions offline. If they can't scalp them right away, they won't buy the next exclusive, and there will be more left for the true collectors! Don't blame Sideshow, let's take the fight to Ebay and see how many scalpers we can shut down!!!

Wow! Do you not have better things to do?
Besides, there is no way eBay will ever do anything to stop these kind of auctions. Yes, they most likely will look into it if you send a complaint and yes, they might cancel the ones that say "pre - order" and DO NOT say "will deliver in 30 days". But the ultimate goal for eBay is to make money$$$$. There not going make any official task force to track down sellers who violate the 30 day rule. Or prohibit a bunch of Power sellers who pre-sell. They will only get a warning and thats it. Do you know how much money they would lose. :horror
The Exclusives will continue to get bought regardsless of what eBay policies there is.
Yeah, I bought a Luke Exclusive with the intention of adding it to my own collection. I saw the first seller sell his for $400 ( oh yes, Im sure it was an inside job to create some hype for the figure, hell it might have been Sideshow themselves :D ) So I figured Im selling ( as I stated openly and freely in this tread ) Ill be happy without the Blaster.

Obviously you didn't get one. This is the only reason your pissed off. If you did get one Im sure it would be a little different.

Anyway I am kinda rambling but in the end its going to happen. I personally do not see the big deal. Buyers can make up ther own minds to buy or not. Odds are they know its not shipping till March. So again its there call to buy or not. I feel these buyers should make sure they buy from a trusted seller to be safe, as I do understand the high possibilities of being scammed ( having been ther myself a few times. ) from realitivly unknown sellers. Ive sold items in the past that were in violation of the 30 day rule. Do you think I care that much. NO. Did the buyers get what they bought? YES.

Supply and demand only comes in the color green $$$ :cool:

Oh ... and so does the Greedo 1:1 scale Bust :naughty

*I posted this in the "Wage War ...." thread*:

Personally I think eBay is wonderful for the collecting community, without it, where would you find these items (once they are sold out)? I like the high demand for the pieces, Luke in this case; it shows that there is still plenty of life in this genre of collecting. I don't want to sink my hard earned $$$ into a deadpool of things that only mean something "to me." Now don't get me wrong, I am not delusional or planning on sending my children to college based on my collection, but I do find solace in knowing a strong secondary market exists where demand is still strong for these items. So for those who are capitalizing on the new Luke, in theory it is good for the market; and I tend to think that in theory SS would agree. After all, doesn't this make their particular line of collectibles all the more desireable? They have no vested interest (as a company), in making sure that their pieces are sold for retail, any buzz is good buzz.

Not to pour salt on any wounds, but isn't this precisely why things like the POTA line and others die off, just a plain lack of interest. Early buzz is great for the SW line, SS is rejoicing!

That said, my only issue with these auctions is that it violates eBay's policy, that IMO is negligible. I would equate it to reporting someone for stealing someone's auction pictures. But that is the extent of my complaint, only that it breaks an eBay rule.

Actually, I am not upset because I missed out. I managed to order one when they went on sale. I am upset that people are taking advantage of fans for the sake of money, and doing it in a way that is against the rules established by Ebay. If this leads to a situation where exclusives sell out in hours to scalpers, and they then turn around and try to sell their preorders to us the next day for a quick 500% profit, then I can't see why anybody would be OK with this!!! Some newsletter subscribers didn't get informed about this until it was already sold out. I am upset FOR THEM! I would rather see the originally priced sale go to a loyal fan rather than somebody out to make a buck. In my heart I feel that Sideshow has to feel the same way. They don't profit from scalping, but they do profit from a happy and dedicated base group of loyal fans. The only people I want to get rich off of collecting is Sideshow, not scalpers.

tomandshell said:
If this leads to a situation where exclusives sell out in hours to scalpers, and they then turn around and try to sell their preorders to us the next day for a quick 500% profit, then I can't see why anybody would be OK with this!!!

Umm...because I could use the profit for an expensive preorder I actually want (like the Maul and Greedo busts, for example). Sounds good to me!:joy

OK, OK. I give up. Just remember- when some of you miss out on a future exclusive and have to resort to Ebay prices, remember the day that I warned you about this... (Recedes portentously into the fog...)
:Flush

tomandshell said:
OK, OK. I give up. Just remember- when some of you miss out on a future exclusive and have to resort to Ebay prices, remember the day that I warned you about this... (Recedes portentously into the fog...)

I want a Han Exclusive 1/4, and I missed out. I don't want to pay Ebay prices, so I'm just not going to get one. It doesn't bother me at all.

tomandshell said:

Unfortunatly that won't happen the people who brag about buying exclusives so they can turn around and resell them for a profit are always making sure they are one of the first in line to get them, its like a job for them. They arent worried about anyone but themselves and could care less about other collectors. Its a shame,but that is the way it is in society today. ME, ME, ME, ME

Don't blame Sideshow, let's take the fight to Ebay and see how many scalpers we can shut down!!

Yes, it is against ebay policy as you must ship it within 30 days. But more importantly, I have been told by Sideshow that they forbid scalping and that any scalpers who are discovered will have their orders cancelled. So I say, please Sideshow, cancel the orders of the scalpers. Anyone helping, send the email addresses of all Luke Exclusive scalpers to Sideshow and burn em!!!

Again, Sideshow forbids reselling an item, which means selling it before you get it. You have done in the past Sideshow, now please continue.

Scalping

While im not for or against this argument.... one would have to question is sideshow really against scalping where in quite often they allow people to buy 2 ?

Why would anyone require more than one if they didnt have a desire to "resell it" later on when the prices was up ....

Michael

Back