LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

See,l Les' stuff is well worth the wait ! :)

Showed the Mummy to a friend of mine who shares a love for classic horror. We were both mesmerized. You really brought this to life Les.

Thanks guys. Very kind of you. Glad you like him, Amarcord. :peace

WOW. Sideshows Mummy was always a sore spot with me because he was barely poseable... What body did you use if I may ask? Looks SO much better!

Not sure what brand. It was an older body type, NOT a Hot Toys or Medicom or any like those that I know of. Came from a HK toy maker, a body from around 2001-2 era company or before. Probably not one used much in US or other markets.

This one, I had on hand, it was the original body used in a now, older custom figure, originally from a HK area customizer, that I had traded out for a Dragon body, to make match with another figure I had. I was just reluctant to use it so I kept it ready for the right figure.

In the end, it was about using the right body for the job, and this Mummy figure deserved it I think. I have been on the lookout for another one ever since 2002. So, not sure. Wish I had taken a shot of the body before I wrapped it now.

Update coming.

Hey, Les! How mare you buddy? Those figures are coming out very realistic and awesome:eek! I see you have been pretty busy. Hope all is well with you! Take care and God bless!

P.S. I almost forgot, just curious :D, when will you be shipping out my Hicks? In that way I will be prepared for it! Thanks!

Hello Les,

I have sent you an email to your hotmail adress.

If it is possible let me know if you have received it, just hope you got it in time before shipping.

Hear you later mister monster maker ;-)

Hey Les heres a pic of the finished Sheppard (thx very much your a star)

When the Joker head arrives Ill be upgrading along with shirt and tie from BillyB

3592161003_a467b11a67.jpg

3592566570_aa805aef10_o.jpg

Just had another look at that Mummy , its perfect. :rock
Crazy how good and real you've managed to make the body look. :rock

That looks awesome too Mooncat. :rock
Love the hairs on the arms. :lol:rock
Congrats.

Just had another look at that Mummy , its perfect. :rock
Crazy how good and real you've managed to make the body look. :rock

That looks awesome too Mooncat. :rock
Love the hairs on the arms. :lol:rock
Congrats.

Thx m8 Im waiting for the Narrow shoulders HT body to come out and then Im swapping him over to that

See,l Les' stuff is well worth the wait ! :)

I sure hope so. Thanks.

Mooncat! The Sheppard looks GREAT! Yeah, the narrow shoulder body will do wonders for him. Ada. You know, sometimes, you gotta work with what the scale is....

Amarcord, email and post received.

Also shipped a couple of other things out, what I could afford.

Which brings me to, my sale. I must sell some stuff soon. No shipping money available at present, so I will post a few items in the sales thread soon. For one, I am selling my HT Chopper Predator for sure, to anyone interested, so email me if you are. He may or may not be listed in my sale here, as the price is not fixed at this point, and I would rather sell him to someone who REALLY, REALLY wants him. He is completely repainted head to toe, even the helm and skulls. He can ship US for free. If the box is included...more.

More sale info as soon as I can sit down and list them. Too much to do it in a hurry.

WORK:
Heads are progressing, I am on as much as I can be every day. Regarding some of the latest to be cast heads, please note that we down here in the South are getting nearly 1 to 2 inches of rain a day, and the humidity has affected some casting attempts. So I ordered more casting material, which JUST came in today, and will wait for a dryer day to cast up the Clark Kents and the remaining Jokers (there are 46 in all, and some are started, and some are just base coated...was waiting for the new material to cast the rest...).
All else are in progress. Bales are all started, but not all finished, but well underway. Most of the other "loose" heads are nearly done. Eyes. LOTS of eyes to paint. Close on many.
Some Indy stuff coming also. PF folks, hang on, those are going well also. LOTR guys, soon! Most are done. Faramir's (in progress) remain. (I know Josh, I know! Almost there, buddy!)
Doc, your's and a few other's sets almost done. Bonds started. (thinking...lots to remember...) Superman's still awaiting some parts, but further along.

Can't do individual updates like I want to, due to quantity, but I assure you they are coming. Thanks for the patience everyone. It's been busy here. Won't get into it anymore, as I am sure most of you know my situation, but there have been off and on "events" so I have had a couple of tough weeks. But, PROGRESS! Shipping to come! Sale, then shipping! Mass shippings!

Out tomorrow to take my Dad to Savannah, and then Monday may have either some finished guys to post or mail. I am mailing more than stopping to shoot stuff, so if you get your's before I have announced it, SURPRISE! I figure, post or post (as in post office) so I assume most of you just want the stuff over updates. When things settle down more, I may can do more preshipping updates. Til then, I need my bed back!
Pics when I can. Too much to do! Staying on it.

Thanks and til next post
...please post your's if you get it first! Thanks again Mooncat and any of the rest of you that are posting your in-hand items.
Enjoy!

Les

(And would someone please turn of the damned rain! Enough already!)

No hurry on my painted Clark Kent head. The body I have pre-ordered for him won't even be shipping for a few months yet.

Regarding some of the latest to be cast heads, please note that we down here in the South are getting nearly 1 to 2 inches of rain a day . . .
(And would someone please turn of the damned rain! Enough already!)

thanks for the update and it's good to hear you aren't under water up there. everytime we think it can't rain any more it just opens up again down here. the wife and i just spent an entire day playing in the city ultimate league campionship and it was like playing in the swamp although diving and then sliding 20 yards the affects of an entire day of playing soaking wet in the rain is not.

Hey guys, thought I'd give a little Les update. Les and I talked on the phone a little tonight, weather's still not good so he's laying off the computer, but he did get out today like he planned and he's back to work. Sounded like things were moving along well and he was in good spirits, I know he's looking forward to getting some updates posted soon, so even though he's not online, he's still moving forward with the work.

no worries on my superman heads also...take ya time... i don't mind the wait..:D

but i am really interested in your chopper pred..any picture of the repainted look? :banana

Thanks Sean.
Chouzi, I will try to post pics of the Chopper as soon as I can.

Back from a long day away yesterday, but am playing catchup and will have an update to post soon. Clark heads info also.

Still wet SD. Drove through THE worst of it yesterday, and I swear we saw a funnel cloud trying to form. Scary!

Thanks Sean.

Back from a long day away yesterday, but am playing catchup and will have an update to post soon. Clark heads info also.

Still wet SD. Drove through THE worst of it yesterday, and I swear we saw a funnel cloud trying to form. Scary!

Glad to see a post from you Les. Can't believe you saw a funnel cloud forming! Glad you're OK. Hope all is good friend. :gun

Thanks Sean.

HOLY CRAP DUDE... Stay safe!! I am absolutely TERRIFIED of tornadoes....

Thanks Sean.

i hate it when we get those warnings and watches. a part of me would love to see one but i'd hate to have to deal with the damage they can cause. had one go right by my work last year, i was in the middle of the building and missed seeing it but i sure saw the results it did around us.

Hopefully the weather gets back to it's more normal patern soon and lets us all at least dry our shoes out again.

Pics and updates as soon as I can. Trying to make some money to ship out some stuff as fast as I can. Had a rough bit of news to come down my pike today, but it only serves me to get all the work done and out sooner.

Not taking more work but I am selling off a lot more of my collection than I was prepared for. Detailed explanation in my Les Backlog thread, as I do NOT want to clutter this thread with needless bumps (thanks for the consideration, but thanks for backing off that guys) and lack of work related posts.

I am still up to my eyeballs in paints, some finished, some close. Pics soon. Some shipped already. Trying like all hell guys, I really am. Thanks for your continued patience with me.

Well, no rain down here in southeastern Louisiana Les. We desperately need it! It's been dry for about 2 1/2 weeks. Usually we get daily downpours in the summer. But not this summer so far. Strange. :confused:

Keep your chin up, and keep at it. You'll get there. You know you have our support here. Take care. :D

Here's my BUMP for a friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back