LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

Les,

I do have a question, and I guess its personal HAHA.

When you work on something like say the Ledgers. Do you do ALL of the ones you have to do at once or no? Just kinda curious as to how you handle all of this work? Your amazing.

Thanks

I really can't wait see what becomes of the ANH Obi-Wan, that sculpt is perfect but your paintwork is gonna make it unbelievable I would imagine! :rock

Thanks Mando. I hope so.

Les,

I do have a question, and I guess its personal HAHA.

When you work on something like say the Ledgers. Do you do ALL of the ones you have to do at once or no? Just kinda curious as to how you handle all of this work? Your amazing.

Thanks

Yes. It helps to be in a certain head frame of mind for me when I have so many to do. I have over 40 Ledger Jokers to do. Yes, that many. But, good thing is, there are several variants within that group, four primarily, so it breaks down to fewer sets of ten of this, five of this, etc., in some ways. I can group and work on each group differently, and not just do 40 of the exact same thing. Much more fun and with a better results also. If I get tired of one for a while, I can change out.

The Bales have some minor variances also, so they are cool too. There are about 15 of them. Again, they will come before the Jokers.

The rest are mostly singles, with about 7 Superman heads (some with full out body customs, those are awaiting new capes guys! ), 4 or so SS Anakins, a couple of LOTR guys, three Legolas and three Faramirs and a Boromir and Gandalf or two. Some full out Aragorns yet to come, and about four Nicholson Jokers I am working on. Redoing one for Eigthsamurai, :)o sorry about that one buddy, one got lost in the fray...that is the holdup on your heads being shipped over there already!)
and a couple of Rod Serlings, a FEW more Beihns that were more of a Reese variety than Hicks, almost done there, and some James Bonds, including an entire set of the guys for one fella....
A full out wrapped 1932 style Mummy with some new paint ideas, A James Bond Jaws, and Ivan Drago, and some special redos for Ironman1188, the eternally patient one, as well as Gruff's (Vavavoom on Halle Berry!)and DrJedi Sith's plentiful sets. And some of Damian's still left to do (One box due for your way soon D! About half of your's have been done! :rock )

Oh, and some Susala Ducards, and some SSC Indys and some surprises! There is some odd stuff in there. Too many to remember all. I am remaking another full Spy smasher for a guy too. Finding all that stuff is hard! I found it all the first time, for Bob Burns so fast. Harder to come by this go round, but getting there.

Hoping to get done with most all this by month's end. I will ship a bunch out Wednesday to at least stick to my original, hoped for schedule. At least the rest of you will get stuff in the next weeks, all by Mid May. (My dad is having prostate surgery in mid/late May, so ALL this has to be gone by then, no matter what!)

See why many pics are to come! LOTS of stuff almost finished. Too much.

Then....when I am caught up....some new stuff! NEW...STUFF! You'll see!

Anyway, back to it. Takes time to post and answer emails, and photo and post those too.
But they are coming!

Oh, upgrading my old site too, so look for some new banners by Maulfan, and some new pages, a James Bond page, and a Nolan Batman one, to show ALL the new guys I have in prog there also.
TOO MUCH TO DO!!!!

Back to the bench!

Added:
There is May June and July work coming too. Didn't mean to not mention those. A Rambo statue repaint, a Maximus statue kit, full custom figures and more. LOTS more.
Fewer headpaints though. I will be cutting back severely on those due to time constraints with already forming projects. I will do some, when I can, but nowhere near the number I have done in past. Those days of me repainting the new Sideshow heads or whatever company, are practically over. It will be a very selective service for me from June onward. Besides, have you seen these new HT heads? Not much work needed anyway. But I will do some limited heads from time to time.
It's time to put the Figure back in Figuremaster. Not that I go by that name much anymore. :cool:

Last edited:

:horror :eek: that's my reaction to how much stuff you just mentioned. instead of paint master maybe be should start using the name paint warrior. that seems like a ton more then enough to overwhelm my non customizing paint brain. i mean i finally got up the nerve to start repainting an extra set of neca ninja turtles and all i've done is the masks and for me that took a long long time to do. it was lots of fun but i don't think my eyes, back and sanity could last three days of doing it until 3am.

i really really hope you grab enough time to take some pics of the lotr stuff. by far my favorite story, movie and line so i'd love to see your work on it. i'm guessing mine is in the list of stuff not mentioned or the special category (it'll be special to me as far as i'm conscerned that's where it is). i have to admit i get excited like a kid at christmas each time you post these updates hoping to catch some glimpse but please don't over work yourself for my stuff. while i can't wait to finally get it there is a kind of fun sense of building anticipation which i will miss. i guess i'll just have to try to find a way to get you to do another custom or something like that. :D

that's a lot of stuff Les!!! And then you have some full predator repaints, and a 21" NECA alien full do-over too!!

wow, you are one busy man bro.

Fewer headpaints though. I will do some, when I can, but nowhere near the number I have done in past. Those days of me repainting the new Sideshow heads or whatever company, are practically over. It will be a very selective service for me from June onward.

i completely understand but i'm still saddened to hear it since there's just some many headsculpts in my collection that could use a goo trip to the master's house.

Well I got a nice surprise in the post the other day.... HICKS IS HERE!!!
Well needless to say I was completely bowled over. The workmanship is STUNNING. Figuremaster by name, figuremaster by nature!!
On to the pics:

New Hicks and the previous "impostor"....

Had a struggle getting the old head off. After breaking out the hairdryer I got it in the end.

So I'm wondering, does everyone just superglue the new head to the headpost?
All I need now is a 1/6th scale Racal minilite!

BIG THANKS to Les and Martin Miller (who rerouted the package!)

Will post a pic of the finished figure ASAP!

congrats MML!! Fantastic head. and yeah, i superglued the head to the neck post.

yup i used superglue on the head. it took me two tries to get it on there really good but i was being really careful because i did not want to mess up the les hicks at all

Wow Les! That is one HUGE workoad you have ahead of you! :horror

I am looking forward to checking out your new "revamped" or updated website. Love to see the new stuff on there. Thanks for getting the new cape for my custom Reeve Superman. I know it will be worth it! I still gotta shoot some pictures with my HT Rocky and the Apollo Creed I got from you. I want to take a few of my modern Connor MacLeod with the "uncapped" Kurgan head I got from you too.

I think we're all anxiously waiting to see some new pictures from you my friend. :D

MML....that Cpl. Hicks custom "spikey-haired" head sculpt from Les is THE BEST Hicks head in 1/6 scale isn't it? I got one too. I can't say enough great things about it. :banana

that Hicks is looking real cool MML, mind I knew that beforehand :D glad it got there OK....I must say having two perfect Hicks heads in the house was excellent...they were both perfect.

Martin.:chew

Great news MML. So glad you are happy with it.
More going out this week.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, to those that applies to that is.

Once the painted FML Hicks head ceases production it will become the stuff of legend. It's a shame that so many pepole will probably still want one but cant get one after it stops becoming available.

I'd be interested to see other people's paint jobs on the unpainted head though - IMO the sculpt of the face is pretty plain looking feature-wise (most generic HT stock heads are) so you have to be a really good painter (esp with shading) to make it look any good. I got an unpainted head with my painted one a while back and I'm having real trouble making it look any good at all.

Thanks Nicky. "Stuff of legend..." hmmmm...well not sure about that, but I appreciate the thought. It sure was a LONG WINDED legend! Oh well, All good things....

Anyway, some of the many heads in progress to be posted and mailed soon...

000111a.jpg

Madcow, your House goes out today when I get the chance. Wish us luck through yet another wave of tornadic activity. Man, the weather's been nice too! Rivers are too high here though, lots of local flooding, so now, here we go again!
Good to stay in and paint though.

More soon guys.

Thanks Nicky. "Stuff of legend..." hmmmm...well not sure about that, but I appreciate the thought. It sure was a LONG WINDED legend! Oh well, All good things....

Anyway, some of the many heads in progress to be posted and mailed soon...

000111a.jpg

Madcow, your House goes out today when I get the chance. Wish us luck through yet another wave of tornadic activity. Man, the weather's been nice too! Rivers are too high here though, lots of local flooding, so now, here we go again!
Good to stay in and paint though.

More soon guys.

Thanks Les, wishing some of those I see here were mine ! lol.

awesome pic man!!! cool to see the different stages of headpaint there.

thanks for your email yesterday, lesmeister ;). much appreciated! everything looking pretty good in here.... carry on
british_bobby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back