LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That palpatine set was actually what got me back into Lego. It has just been released but there were pics floating around for months. For Me it really seems like it could end up like the cloud city set.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what sets you were most likely to pull a chrome C3PO minifigure in?

10,000 of those chrome C3PO's were thrown in at random in boxes that had the Star Wars 30th Anniversary logo on the box (mostly 2007 sets). Goodluck!

My goodness....2007 had some rough sets man.... No wonder they threw that promotion at us! Otherwise no one would've bought anything. Lol

My goodness....2007 had some rough sets man.... No wonder they threw that promotion at us! Otherwise no one would've bought anything. Lol

Well not all of the sets were bad... personally, I like these:

7658 - Y-wing, which is the first time we've seen it as close to the movie model back then. Even today, it still hold its own against the 2012 set
7659 - Imperial Landing Craft, very god source of stormtrooper minifigures. You can never have too much stormtroopers! :)
7662 - Trade Federation MTT, with 2 of these, you'd have an army of 40+ droids. This is one of the best sets that came out that year.
10178 - Motorized Walking AT-AT, if the word "cool" had to take on physical form as Lego bricks, this would be it.

and last but not the least...

10179 - UCS Millennium Falcon, still THE biggest commercial Lego set ever produced, came out for $500, now OOP and fetches upwards of $1500.

See? 2007 wasn't such a bad year for Lego Star Wars. There are more 2007 sets that I didn't bother to mention here, but they're equally as nice. :)

So I saw Jabba's Palace yesterday at TRU... $150?? Holy hell!!! I mean, it looks like a nice, big set but that price is just too much... I'd rather spend 300 and get the DS.

If you can get it for 100, that would be one heck of a deal.

BTW, speaking of TRU (and Target)....I love the LEGO display cases they have!!! :rock
I need one of those for my home office!

These, Aaron?

IMG_20120703_195510.jpg

No, these...

20120727-223543.jpg

They had a special one at our TRU with the Jabba on one side, then when you turned the table (by a small wheel built into the base), it displayed the Skiff. Freaking awesome.

Awww crap, I completely forgot about the Thor! :slap:(

I'll have to stop by my store and hope for some luck I guess.

These, Aaron?
IMG_20120703_195510.jpg

That minifig case is nice! is it commercially available or custom built? if I had that exact thing you're holding in the photo, I'd put Luke and Leia together just because they're siblings, and have Vader fight with Kenobi in another compartment, since you already have the Han-Chewie and R2-3PO combinations going on. :)

They had a special one at our TRU with the Jabba on one side, then when you turned the table (by a small wheel built into the base), it displayed the Skiff. Freaking awesome.

Hmm... Sounds pretty cool. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for one of those on ebay once they're out of stores. These displays pop up from time to time. I have the sail barge display, for example (well, the sail barge from the display -- the entire thing also had the Star Destroyer in it).

Back