LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been checking my local stores here in AUS periodically.. & they ain't got ****. :lol

I think my chance of finding a Sandcrawler set in the next 6 months is pretty slim.

image.jpg

Picked these up yesterday :yess:

I actually need to pick up another skiff, I wanna lengthen mine, it just looks too short. I dunno, maybe I just have skiff envy :dunno

Not sure if this has been answered or talked about but is anyone else disappointed with the cheap new packaging and the poorer quality of the newer sets for SW that lego has released? I used to be in awe of the box art and the finished product inside but now I just feel like I am overpaying for mediocre box art and somehow cheaper feeling lego pieces. The pieces may not have changed and it could all be in my head but everything feels of a lesser quality now.

LEGO-Star-Wars-75046-Coruscant-Police-Gunship-75044-Droid-Tri-Fighter.jpg

I don't know about those two, but I feel the current battle sets are the best ever, love all of them, as well as the new Droid tank and wheelbike. I would love to find out about the gunship but I've yet to see one in the wild. As much as I love hunting them I may have to break down and order one. I don't like the new guns that shoot little round Lego lights, but that's more just personal taste, not that I think the quality is worse on them.

Guess it is just me, sounds weird that the quality of the pieces would be different but the box's feeling and looking cheaper to me just lends this feeling that the pieces must be cheaper to lol.

It could be a mindtrick, Midnight, I don't know, I'm like a fat kid with a cookie when I get a new Lego set, that box is just a wrapper stopping me from my prize, so I never think much about it. :lol

Rumor is that the UCS Falcon is either being re-released or revamped for late this year or early next year...

It's the one thing I've been hoping for since missing out on the UCS Falcon in '07.

Not sure how I'd feel about a revamp, though.
I've got both versions of the UCS X-wing and while I'm definitely happy with some of the improvements in the design, there's some parts I feel the original release got better the first time around.

I know virtually nothing about Darth Malgus or this vehicle (Sith Fury Class Interceptor) but it looks awesome. Found it on clearance at Wal-Mart so I picked it up. It doesn't look like it, but there is a lot of complexity in assembling the wings. It was a fun build.

Only negative part about the set is that it has no landing gear or stand so I made a rough one for now.

DSCN1863.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1858.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

Back