Lego Marvel Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego Marvel

I prefer the Cap 'with' the eyes.
The Cap minifig with the white-out eyes makes him look like a zombie. :thud:

Geez, they failed on my favorite piece. The Iron Man minifig. :(

I understand, it's probably a headpiece, and it slips on and off a Tony Stark head, but it came out looking too big.
Look at what they did for Cap. They should have done something similar and just printed on a regular lego head.

I remembered that Lego did an Iron Man before, with a normal minifig head.
Took me a while to find it, but I did:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/6864263385/

Those white-out eyes are too creepy for a Lego. :lol

If you look at the iron man helmet there is no definition for the eyes, and the torso looks like a decal, i'm sure the final will be more detailed, i've seen a pic of the faceplate flipped up, so i think the reason for the bulkier helmet is for a minifugre head of tony stark underneath to be visible with the faceplate flipped up.

I'm sure thats the reason too, but I think swapable heads would have been better. That helmet is just way too big. They made Batman's mask look just fine, so I' don't know what the problem with Iron Man was. And considering these are supposed to hit in May I would think its pretty much the final look. At least the Hulk turned out good.

I'm sure thats the reason too, but I think swapable heads would have been better. That helmet is just way too big. They made Batman's mask look just fine, so I' don't know what the problem with Iron Man was. And considering these are supposed to hit in May I would think its pretty much the final look. At least the Hulk turned out good.

Buttmunch!
You finally dragged yourself outta that TA thread! j/k buddy! :hi5:

:lol Oh, I'm all over Marvel stuff, I'm just not a rabbid poster here. And these, DC, and the new Monster Legos have really grabbed my interest in Legos again. Too sweet to pass up now!

Indeed!
I hope a Minas Tirith is in the works and sold as an Ultimate Collectors Series. I'm talking about 5,000+ pieces, although that's wishful thinking. If this was four years ago, they would have done it.

I would love it if they did a Minas Tirith. It wouldn't be cheap but I would buy it for sure.

Pics of the "final" box art have been revealed. Including the robotic Asgardian baddies. They look strange...

https://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2607

Overall I think the Minifigs are no doubt awesome! Especially the surprise of the Deadpool and Magneto! Lego was smart to throw in an extra set with Wolvie, Deadpool and Mags to "mix it up" but also get some unique figures.

The vehicles/playsets are a little lackluster. The Quinjet looks awesome, but everything else is somewhat disappointing. Was Lego "rushing" to get these done and out? It would've been nice if the Helicarrier breakout actually featured the Helicarrier. And why is there no Nick Fury minifig?

4-10-2012? Damn.

And the only thing I wanted is Hulk. Don't think I am gonna pay $59.99 for Hulk Helicarrier Breakout. Probably individual pieces.

And those are TRU prices! I imagine they'll look much better elsewhere. Perhaps $55-50 for the Helicarrier instead of $60.

To be honest, I lot of the Superheroes don't have a lot of iconic vehicles/bases that would make great Lego sets. Face it, most of us buy these for the mini figures, but enjoy getting a good set for the price. Outside of Batman's toys, a lot of Superheros don't have a lot for them to work with so I can see why they focused on Batman by himself for so long.

Hopefully the comic line will bring in some cool sets, but I think the current stuff looks decent. DC is getting the better treatement so far though IMO.

4-10-2012? Damn.

And the only thing I wanted is Hulk. Don't think I am gonna pay $59.99 for Hulk Helicarrier Breakout. Probably individual pieces.

You'll always be able to find the minifigs loose on ebay, but at a price. :(

Well there aren't so much many iconic "vehicles" for superheroes except for Batman.

Though Marvel has a few potential vehicles (and some that sort of stretch the term "vehicle":

-X-Men Blackbird
-The infamous "Spider-Buggy"
-Quinjet (seen in the new sets)
-Fantasticar (Fantastijet? Whatever their flying car is called)
-Wolverine Motorcycle (seen in the new sets)
-Ghost Rider's Hellcycle (this would be cool to see in Lego form!)
-Hulkbuster Iron Man Armor
-Sentinel
-Helicarrier (not just the actual "scene" inside!)
-Any other S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle
-Starjammer (this is slim-to-none!)
-Red Skull Car and/or Jet (from the Cap movie)
-Punisher van (loaded with artillery?)

There's also a lot of good places for potential sets:

-X-Mansion
-Danger Room
-Asteroid M
-Asgard
-Baxter Building
-Avengers Watchtower
-Dr.Doom's Latveria Castle
-Savage Land
-Negative Zone
-Any NY City scene featuring Spidey :)

Well there aren't so much many iconic "vehicles" for superheroes except for Batman.

Though Marvel has a few potential vehicles (and some that sort of stretch the term "vehicle":

-X-Men Blackbird
-The infamous "Spider-Buggy"
-Quinjet (seen in the new sets)
-Fantasticar (Fantastijet? Whatever their flying car is called)
-Wolverine Motorcycle (seen in the new sets)
-Ghost Rider's Hellcycle (this would be cool to see in Lego form!)
-Hulkbuster Iron Man Armor
-Sentinel
-Helicarrier (not just the actual "scene" inside!)
-Any other S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle
-Starjammer (this is slim-to-none!)
-Red Skull Car and/or Jet (from the Cap movie)
-Punisher van (loaded with artillery?)

There's also a lot of good places for potential sets:

-X-Mansion
-Danger Room
-Asteroid M
-Asgard
-Baxter Building
-Avengers Watchtower
-Dr.Doom's Latveria Castle
-Savage Land
-Negative Zone
-Any NY City scene featuring Spidey :)

Good ideas :hi5:

I'd like to see "Scorpion attacks the Daily Bugle" set with Betty, Peter, Jonah, Spidey & Scorpion

I think a Sentinel set would be awesome. Even army builder worthy. And the X-mansion is another great idea too!

Pics of the "final" box art have been revealed. Including the robotic Asgardian baddies. They look strange...

https://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2607

Overall I think the Minifigs are no doubt awesome! Especially the surprise of the Deadpool and Magneto! Lego was smart to throw in an extra set with Wolvie, Deadpool and Mags to "mix it up" but also get some unique figures.

The vehicles/playsets are a little lackluster. The Quinjet looks awesome, but everything else is somewhat disappointing. Was Lego "rushing" to get these done and out? It would've been nice if the Helicarrier breakout actually featured the Helicarrier. And why is there no Nick Fury minifig?

The Wolverine set is the most wanted according to the brickipidia members... Interesting

They changed Cap's cycle to an Avenger cycle..

Lego-Captain-America-Avenging-Cycle.jpg

See the Captain America "A"

In this final box art it's changed to a Shield logo

6865-1.jpg

I prefer the original, might just leave the sticker off :lol

Yeah, I can see the Wolverine set being most popular as its the only comic based set and the rest are just movie Avengers.

Strange TRU doesn't have these listed anymore. Lego must have cracked down on them.

Back