Ledger Ultimate Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Joker is the ultimate Batman foe, but like Mike said, there's plenty of others to use in future installments.

No need for a new Joker. It's been done, let's pass on to something else.
However, IMHO, Ledger was indeed very good but FAR from being the ultimate Joker. Actually, he was not the Joker for me. The Joker is supposed to be mad, but also has a wicked, twisted sense of humor. Ledger's Joker was insane for sure, but he was just a possible way to portray the Joker, one that was partial and only selected some aspects of the character.
To be perfectly honest, so far, I haven't seen a single satisfactory Joker. The 68 version was bad, Nicholson's was bland and Ledger's was... different. The definitive version is still ahead of us...

i would say no to ledger too.yes he left his stamp on it because it's like his last perfromance and it was brilliant since he overdosed on drugs..But who knows in 10 yrs when they pop out another batman movie with the joker. by that time new generation of batman fans will be like heath ledger who?
But he gave a dam fine performance in doing it. i really enjoyed his crazy ,derranged character..i at times laughed at it. because when he terrorized people. yeah didn't no if you were suppose to laugh or really be scared.that was great...his mannerism's.but it was his own joker. far better than the comical one jack did...

i would say no to ledger too.yes he left his stamp on it because it's like his last perfromance and it was brilliant since he overdosed on drugs..But who knows in 10 yrs when they pop out another batman movie with the joker. by that time new generation of batman fans will be like heath ledger who?
But he gave a dam fine performance in doing it. i really enjoyed his crazy ,derranged character..i at times laughed at it. because when he terrorized people. yeah didn't no if you were suppose to laugh or really be scared.that was great...his mannerism's.but it was his own joker. far better than the comical one jack did...

:confused::confused: thats the only reason why he was good?

I'd like to see another take on the character, as far away from Ledger as possible. There can ALWAYS be better.

And only if its not like The Ledger Joker.

That would be hard considering that HL based a lot of his Joker on Tom Waits. (unless you weren't responding to me) :eek:

The bottom line is this: HL did a great job but HL does not = The Joker.

I just dont want to see the Heath Joker again. No scarred mouth, make up..ect. Once they do a new series, then I'd like to see another Joker.

The Ledger joker was Ultimate joker for Nolan's Batman series, and it wouldnt be in thier best interest to put another actor in his place in the 3rd film.

The Joker as a character, however, has so many incarnations even in the comic books that the Ultimate Joker is impossible to define. Put the Ledger Joker in Tim Burten's Batman and it would be terrible. Put Nicholson's Joker into Nolan's Batman and its a travesty.

Back