League Of Legends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone who does not play this game needs to play it now! It is free and it is amazing.

https://na.leagueoflegends.com

Add me as a friend so we can play together on the Fields Of Justice!

Username: iSim

I don't play it for 2 Reasons. LOL

1.) Computer isn't good enough ( I am building my own Gaming PC soon though

2.) Players on lol or any moba are really #%******* to new players (Especially female players)

I don't play it for 2 Reasons. LOL

1.) Computer isn't good enough ( I am building my own Gaming PC soon though

2.) Players on lol or any moba are really #%******* to new players (Especially female players)

I can understand reason #1 but no one would even know you are a female unless you make it known. You just type to speak to teammates so they wouldn't know if you are a female or not.

Wahh... LoL is so low on specs... must be a pre 2005 system haha.

I played LoL for like 2 games... then I played Dota 2. I can see why a lot of people play it, but once you're steeped into the depth of Dota 2, it's just not the same.

The amount of raging in ARTS games are insane though, and the learning curve in Dota 2 is even more so. LoL is easier to get a hang of if you're interested in this genre.

ARTS = MOBA btw. I just hate the term MOBA, it makes no sense.

Wahh... LoL is so low on specs... must be a pre 2005 system haha.

I played LoL for like 2 games... then I played Dota 2. I can see why a lot of people play it, but once you're steeped into the depth of Dota 2, it's just not the same.

The amount of raging in ARTS games are insane though, and the learning curve in Dota 2 is even more so. LoL is easier to get a hang of if you're interested in this genre.

ARTS = MOBA btw. I just hate the term MOBA, it makes no sense.

Never heard of Dota 2. A quick google of it showed me that it's basically LoL :lol. It looks just like it with different graphics.

What's different about Dota 2 to LoL?

Never heard of Dota 2. A quick google of it showed me that it's basically LoL :lol. It looks just like it with different graphics.

What's different about Dota 2 to LoL?

Dota 2 is the sequel to Dota, which started the whole "MOBA" craze. LoL is made by one of the earlier designers of Dota. It is a more "casual" game without the depth and mechanics of Dota 2/Dota. Naturally, LoL has more players than Dota 2 since it has been around longer and isn't as unforgiving.

Simply put:

LoL is casual.
Dota 2 is competitive.

The International 3 (biggest Dota 2 tournament) is coming up, and has managed to break the record of the single largest prize pool money in e-sports history.

Even I know Dota 2 lol :) from what I hear it is more advanced. I've heard even people playing for over a year still don't exactly get it.

Dota 2 is the sequel to Dota, which started the whole "MOBA" craze. LoL is made by one of the earlier designers of Dota among others. It is a more "casual" game without the depth and mechanics of Dota 2/Dota.

Simply put:

LoL is casual.
Dota 2 is competitive.

The International 3 (biggest Dota 2 tournament) is coming up, and has managed to break the record of the single largest prize pool money in e-sports history.

Wow. Sounds awesome. Is it free like LoL?

Yeah it has just gotten out of beta phase and is released. It's free to download and play.

That brings up another thing.

In LoL, you have to pay for certain heroes to unlock. In Dota 2, the only thing you pay for is cosmetics. Nothing that effects the actual gameplay costs money. All heroes are unlocked from the start.

If you guys like the moba style, but rather something at less of an RTS view, check out Smite.

https://www.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home

I like the mobas, but as a RTS player, if ima click that much on one unit, ima just go play some SC2. At the same time I really like action and shooters, etc. So I really dug Smite a lot.

Do bootleg hot toys attract more people and make more money. Cause that's what League is compared to DoTA. It ****s all over DoTA that regard. Those are the facts and I play more DoTA 2 than League but even I can see that.

I'm going to attend the worlds tournament tomorrow night. Are any other sideshow fans coming?

Back