Lara Croft Snow Day Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiirmoth

Freakalicious
Reaction score
]Is this normal? I just got a Lara Croft Snowday and she doesnt sit on the box. Her butt has little flat dimples like she should...but the post feels like it is all the way in her leg. I dont want to force it. I didnt even notice for a day or two. Did I get one with a messed up peg or is this normal? Her feet are touching the box in the front so it seems like she wouldnt go down further, but its weird that she is "floating" above the box. Anyone else with this statue who can look at theirs and see if this is an anomoly or if they are all like this? Would appreciate it.

Welcome to the site. I don't own this statue, so I don't know. Good luck resolving this.

I just wanted to say "Rule 34. No exceptions."

Thank you for the reply. I am thinking about just cutting off a bit of the post with some wire cutters/bolt cutters and seeing if she sits lower. I figure that can't hurt. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get this one direct from sideshow so if it is wrong it would be a pain to send back to the ebay seller etc. We shall see...

I think it's an anomoly. I have it and she sits perfectly fine on the box, though it did take a little wiggling to get the peg all the way in.

Thank you for the reply. I guess I will try cutting the post off just a bit and see if it makes a difference. It is really barely noticeable but now that I know it is there it is bothering me.

Update: I (carefully) covered the base best as possible and used bolt cutters to cut 1/8 an inch off the post. Then filed it smooth. Talk about scary. Ive never tried to mod/mend such an expensive statue and was quite worried that I would scratch something. Thankfully it went well. However, the problem still exists. I think its the angle of the post more than the length. If it was angle back just a bit it probably would not be an issue. More than likely I will just leave it as you can only see it if you are right up on it and at eye level. She will be above or below eye level when displayed. So I will probably leave well enough alone. Thanks all.

Back