L.A. Noire from Rockstar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally enjoyed the game. If you go into it expecting GTLA, you're bound to be disappointed, but overall, I enjoyed it for what it was.(except for his damn gloveless fingers!!!):gah:

It's coming to PC later this fall. https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/17161/la-noire-is-coming-for-pc-this-fall.html

lanoirepc.jpg

Better yet, rent.

:lol Yeah, rent the pc edition.

It's 20 hours long isn't it?

Yes, it is. Or at least, that's about how long it took me. I paid practically full price for LA Noire when it came out and I don't regret it one bit. It doesn't have any real replay incentive though, but new DLC missions are and will be made available.

Thats crazy. The game was pretty darn fun. Its not as good as Red Dead but thats right at the top of the heap for open world games. I'm glad I bought this game and after finishing a couple other things up will hit the DLC head on.

The one complaint I would make: lack of variety of cases...I would have changed it up a tad more, though I loved what they tried to achieve.....just downloaded my first two dlc missions

Am I the only one that liked arson cases? LOL

Finally finished the game. Xboxers should just skip it all and play the 3rd disc, it was fun, rest of the game was boring.

The ending was decent. The
Spoiler Spoiler:
was lame and wasn't needed and made me not respect the main character from then on. Liked the PI guy much more. They could have handled the
Spoiler Spoiler:
a different way.

The city is crazy huge and detailed way too good for this game. All you could do is drive around, not much else. A waste they didn't add GTA elements to it.

Oh well, 7/10.

Bring on Arkham City and Forza 4.

I really enjoyed it personally, and I found it definitely worth playing through, but it certainly wasn't as compelling as Red Dead Redemption, which is pretty much my personal gold standard as far as these types of games go.

I agree. Red Dead Redemption is definitely my "gold standard" now too, for games like this. Overall I enjoyed L.A. Noire. I loved the 1940s real music used in it, along with the real cars, and architecture and clothing. I thought the ending could have been better and different. I agree that Cole Phelps' one "downfall" should have not even been in the game! :gah: Why not keep him as the totally good guy, and not have him "slip up" and make that one mistake? I liked playing as Jack Kelso too. I'd love to see some DLC with him, in new cases from XBox LIVE!

I wanted to ask if there was a "free mode" where I can find all of the golden movie film reels, and the hidden cars, and police badges? Is there a "free mode" at all so I can explore the city for those items? Please let me know. Thanks.

I might re-play some cases to get a perfect 5 star rating on them. I'm still thinking about doing that.

I am giving L.A. Noir a 9 out of 10, or a 4 out of 5 stars. I think if that stupid "mistake" by Cole wasn't in the game, and the ability to do more in the city as far as other types of missions, and game choices....I would have given this game a perfect score. I will still keep in my Xbox 360 game collection, and download all of the DLC for it from Xbox LIVE.

Yeah, there's a free mode. If you go to the cases menu, select any desk, and at the very bottom is a free-play mode.

Okay. I will check out free play mode. Thanks! :wave

I will download all of the DLC for it as it comes out.

So what all can you do in the free play mode batfan08?

Last edited:
Basically, all of the stuff you mentioned. Badges, Film reels, cars, and the secondary missions for that desk.

Back