Kurgan!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think I may the only one on here to order this considering it didn't sell past 500 or whatever it is, but where is the Kurgan? Duncan and Connor are getting bored fighting each other.

I ordered him, but mostly for the severed head (I haven't missed one yet). I will have him fighting Conner though. He ships 2nd Qtr. (along with a million other Star War and X-files figures)

I placed my order when he first went up. I think what's holding back a lot of people is the likeness, which could be improved greatly.

How could the Kurgan exclusive be sold out when they didn't even put the last 100 count down thing on it? I cancelled my order because of all the stuff I have, but wanted to get it later when I actually would have the money to get him. It seems very unfair to put the counter on some items and not others. And why is the exclusive $5 more than the regular?

Its funny...i had it cancelled like 2 months ago...and reordered him this week..now hes sold out!!! must have been my spider-sense...

Well I put my self on the wait list just in case. I'll probably be able to get one, but if not oh well. I'm just very disapointed in Sideshow for not having the low quantity alert. I was planning on ordering him again if he reached it. The low quantiy of 200 or less in the newsletter isn't that helpful. The one on the product page at least gives a more accurate reading (when they actually put them on).

IMO the head sculpt isnt that bad...if you have ever really looked at Clancey Brown he has a funny shaped head and it would be hard to capture just right...anyway i cant wait for it to ship so I can pose him with Connor.......But were the hell is my origins Kurgan?????????

Buttmunch said:
How could the Kurgan exclusive be sold out when they didn't even put the last 100 count down thing on it? I cancelled my order because of all the stuff I have, but wanted to get it later when I actually would have the money to get him. It seems very unfair to put the counter on some items and not others. And why is the exclusive $5 more than the regular?

Don't quote me on this... I'm just guessing... I have seen many items just 'suddenly' sell out, such as the entire Simpsons bust line and the Star Trek bust line. Of course, Sideshow was giving them away with orders, so that may explain those lines, but with other items, they may make more available to their retail accounts if the purchases have slowed down on the web site. Also, they may take some and put them away for future contests and giveaways... there could be any number of good reasons why it would suddenly sell out, but I agree, putting up the low quantity alert would have been nice for those who hadn't ordered yet. :confused:

Since it was the exclusive, a retailer couldn't have bought the last 100 and I don't think they would keep 100 around for contests.

I ordered one also. I would have thought it would have sold out in a reasonable period of time also, which it didn't. I am looking forward to getting him though whenever he shows up.

I hope I don't come off as a jerk but anyone who really wanted an exlclusive kurgan could of should of got one. It's been up for months. If you cancelled it your taking a chance.

I completely understand Deng. I cancelled him, not because I didn't want him, but because I have so much on order I figured something needed to go. Since he wasn't sold out, it was him. I was hoping to re-order him later (perhaps on sale or with a coupon or promotion) and save or gain something. I was counting on that low quantity alert meter to help me know if I should reorder him earlier than desired. I just think it stupid that the 1/6 Star Wars figures that sell out in 20 mintues have the meter, but a figure that has been on sell for months didn't get one.

yeah. My guess is to why it didnt have it is because maybe sideshow figured no one really cared as it took like six months to sell out? Only thing i can think of.

I would think that because Star Wars has so many collectors, that a few hundred could sell quickly, and so a meter would be needed. Kurgan, on the other hand, not having a rush of initial sales, gives collectors ample time to secure their want.

denger4000 said:
so basiclly what I said? ;)

LMAO, yeah, but you gotta understand I'm from down under. We don't talk the same English. So I go wiff wot I said. LMAO. :p

Maybe all the items will get a meter. Time will tell.

Back