Kotobukiya EVA Shinji and Kaworu Gallery and Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p!tu said:
Can anyone Tell me Wich one is better!!! Please!!
Im pretty sure this one is!
Eva01.jpg

But is this one like the Kaiyodo? Or is it a crapy version?
eva02.jpg

Thanks!!

As Scarlet said, The first one (Kaiyodo) is undoutebly Better. The second one you posted was made by Sega back in the day. They were great for their time since they were the only fully functional Eva Action figures during that period (Mid to late nineties) but time has not been kind to them and they are kinda weak when compared to today's releases. Kaiyodo's figures were late Nineties as well but have aged fairly well. Just showing that Kaiyodo's artistry is one of the highest level.

I can post Pics of the Kaiyodo EVA -05 (Both Versions) Later when I get home.

p!tu said:
I wouldnt mind a Revoltech of Escaflowne or Aquarion!!!!!

I wouldn't mind an Escaflowne as there are no good figures of it out there. The Transformable ones are whatever since the design is so complex that the propotions and articulation of a transformable toy would suffer. a Nice Non transformable toy done in the spirit of the Old Koto Full Action kit or a Revoltech style would be great.

As for Aquarion, Would be cool, I think the Chogokin Aquarion transformable toy is pretty nice and it's poseable too but a Revoltech is certainly welcomed. They should make him bigger tho

Tendou-Kabuto said:
As Scarlet said, The first one (Kaiyodo) is undoutebly Better. The second one you posted was made by Sega back in the day. They were great for their time since they were the only fully functional Eva Action figures during that period (Mid to late nineties) but time has not been kind to them and they are kinda weak when compared to today's releases. Kaiyodo's figures were late Nineties as well but have aged fairly well. Just showing that Kaiyodo's artistry is one of the highest level.

I can post Pics of the Kaiyodo EVA -05 (Both Versions) Later when I get home.
Oh please!!!! that would make me happy!!! Thanks!!

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Eva6.jpg

From Left to Right- Revoltech Eva-01, Classic Kaiyodo Eva-01, Tamashii SPEC Eva-01 and SOC Eva-01

Other pics-

Eva1.jpg

Eva2.jpg

Eva3.jpg

Eva4.jpg

Which do you like best??
How strange that no one has brought up the Soul of chogokin Eva's. They are the best Eva's out there IMO. Made of metal, and a joy to pose. Let's not forget the high detail. Far better than the ones pictured here. In my opinion at least.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
How strange that no one has brought up the Soul of chogokin Eva's. They are the best Eva's out there IMO. Made of metal, and a joy to pose. Let's not forget the high detail. Far better than the ones pictured here. In my opinion at least.

Ummm...

The Eva -01 on the far right IS the SOC version. You must not be looking very hard at the pic if you own one and don't recognize it.

I disagree with the SOC being the Best. IMO the one that represents the EVA the BEST is the Tamashii SPEC version which is the second one on the right (The tallest one) . Everything is removable, it has the Most accessories and options and it is the most poseable. Not to mention that the color of the SPEC is also the most accurate of the four as well as the proportion. Sure it has smaller diecast content compared to the SOC EVA-01 (GX-14) But it surpasses it in every other aspect. Bandai has went out of the way to improve upon everything that the SOC version was. The SPEC is the NEW Definitive EVA-01 toy. All the SOC has is the fact that the diecast content is higher.

BTW since you don't know Tamashii SPEC is a spin off line of SOC (Soul of Chogokin) And the XS-01 EVA-01 was just released a few months ago and is much newer than the SOC GX-14 Eva-01 that is several yrs old at this point.

The Revoltech is cool and the Old Kaiyodo which is the most dynamic is still a classic and still hold up now IMO

Just for your reference-

SPEC EVA-01
Eva3.jpg

SOC EVA-01
Eva4.jpg

My bad! It's the Soul of Chogokin Eva indeed. The elbow joints look different from that angle. I still like it better than the other Eva's though. In Evangelion Unit 01's case, the color scheme of the SPEC EVA-01 is more correct, compared to the SOC Eva.
I own all the SOC Eva's except the red one (GX-15), and the Yellow one (GX-17). But I'm pretty sure I'll find them somewhere, sometime.
I also have a few other SOC 'robot's' and have to say they convince in every point! I love them! I guess it's mostly because they are made of metal I think. But I'm repeating myself :D
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=249726&postcount=189

I've recently seen that EVA with detachable armor and all, (not in person). I'm not enthusiastic about the detachable armor concept though. Does nothing for me.

Last edited:
Alice Adrenochrome said:
My bad! It's the Soul of Chogokin Eva indeed. The elbow joints look different from that angle. I still like it better than the other Eva's though. In Evangelion Unit 01's case, the color scheme of the SPEC EVA-01 is more correct, compared to the SOC Eva.
I own all the SOC Eva's except the red one (GX-15), and the Yellow one (GX-17). But I'm pretty sure I'll find them somewhere, sometime.
I also have a few other SOC 'robot's' and have to say they convince in every point! I love them! I guess it's mostly because they are made of metal I think. But I'm repeating myself :D
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=249726&postcount=189

I've recently seen that EVA with detachable armor and all, (not in person). I'm not enthusiastic about the detachable armor concept though. Does nothing for me.

I think SOC is an incredible line. I have quite a few of them, Mazinger series, Grendizer, Gaiking, Getter series, Dancougar, Gunbuster, Voltes V, Ideon among others. The Eva ones are good however I dont think the Real Robot designs transfer as well to the SOC line which is why Bandai created the SPEC line. But I guess it's really what you like. The SOC evas do have quite a bit more diecast content than the SPEC. But the Spec has higher engineering than the SOC. The Removable armor gimmick is not bad as it gives the option of seeing the detail underneath, in the EVA-01 case it gives the option of having a Naked Eva before Nerv turned it into an Eva. lol

Back