KOTD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I love that smell. One thing with the bigger pieces you get more of that smell. Bring on Sauron!!! :lol

Just checked it out really quick and it looked ok. :banana

Man, what a great statue. I wasn't really expecting the white dots on his face (reminds me of acne cream) but overall he is an awesome statue. Definetly in my top 5.

P.S. Everybodies KOTD face does have white spots, right? :|

Just got mine today--he's great!!! And what a wonderful paintjob.

Speaking of dots: mine has three black dots on his left hand--the one holding the sword. Looks like they could be warts of some kind but he only has them on the one hand. Anyone else have this?

--Chris

correction: I got out the ol' magnifying glass--they are sculpted in.

Mine arrived this afternoon as well.

It's great. Interestingly though, when Eowyn came last week,which I was less gung-ho about I got to have the "wow, that's more than I was expecting" moment. I was expecting a lot here, so it's hard to top that. It's definitely a standout though and I like it more the more I look at it. My only quibble is the overly green tint of the crown. The box shows it more gold which has greater contrast witht the face. Not a biggie though, and it may just be "different" rather than "worse". My favorite paint choice is on the mail skirt (or the male skirt, if you rather). Really cool brown/silver/green wash/patina.

Definitely a winner. :clap

Wow, that was Big.

And my brand new DSL connection downloaded it in a flash!:dance

I was so sick of dialup, and now I'm done with it forever.

:carrot :elef :carrot :elef :carrot

Just got mine....I like it a lot! #2234

The shipping of edition numbers is so strange....Look at how high a number I got...

Great statue though! Kind of big, too!

Just got mine! I like it more than I thought I would.

I met the FedEx guy at the door and noticed he placed the box with the outside arrows pointing towards the ground! The FedEx shipping label was placed on the bottom of the box. My poor KOTD was shipped upside down this whole time.

Nothing broken so I happy. :banana

Congrats you guys! Looks like I am going to be getting mine early to mid next week. As much as I am stoked for all of you... I can't help but be jealous!!!! The extra cost from ordering through SS is practically worth the speedy delivery! Oh well... next week will be here soon enough and then I'll have mine. REALLY looking forward to getting this piece...hell... I'm really looking forward to getting most EVERYTHING else that is shipping! We have some GREAT pieces coming our way!

Bring on Sauron!

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered mine from SS cause of the problems being reported. I just didn't want to trouble Bob or Adam with any issues.

I'm with ya I really look forward to stuff coming in and adding items to the collection. Its like X-Mas everytime something comes in. Also like you said the items we have coming in are really some special things.

Got mine today #986

1080814img9id.jpg

I see you found out how to post pics, nice work - nice and big too! :google

My only complaint on this one (albeit small) is that the red is a touch too bright, and you can see this when coupled with the Easterling.

How do I make the pic smaller.

I think it was the flash, it looks less bright in person.

I love it though...one of my favorites now!!!

Hi People

Well I got mine in today, and checked it for any damage that may have resulted during transit...happy to say its all good.

Great looking peice. - It was number 137 from memory.

I was slightly sad that the gold tint did not show up on these production pieces... would have tone down the red a bit as it is evident on the one on display at SDCC... but very nice piece anyhow

Incredible! That pose is just too cool, and great details. That cloak is amazing. Love it!

And since I have no good place to display them, and no poor lighting, the red appears more subdued than everyone elses! When I get me a museum quality display with lighting, THEN I will complain about the red!

Back