Knowing your collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PosterBoyKelly

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, how many of you know your set up so well you can imagine every detail with your eyes closed? I have so many figures, 1/6, 7", PF, small Japanese vinyl, wind up toys, and they're all mixed up in my set up. BUT I know every detail of where each one is.

My family likes to test that theory sometimes. Sometimes, I come home from work and somethings moved. I know INSTANTLY, I can just tell! The Force maybe? Anyway, usually someone bumps a dresser and 1 or 2 guys fall they pick them up and try to act like I won't notice. I notice.

BUT lately they like playing a game of, lets f- with PBK! They intentionally move things around, and see how quick I'll notice and what I'll notice, and I notice even if somethings been just shifter 1/2 inch. I don't mind usually that they do this, but I tell em, if anythings damaged, YOU'RE DAMAGED! They think it's all fun and games, anyone else have similar tales? How well do you know your stuff?

This isn't boasting really, just an observation of what a weird OCD freak I am for such a messy collection of crap.

Word.

The only comperable thing I have going to that, PBK ,is that I try to remember all the stuff I did to my figures. Sometimes it's hard to remember every time you pulled a figure apart and put him back together.

I know exactly where everythings in my collection. I have a very small room so any place where I can stick a fig is thought of. Therefore if anyone came in my room and moved something I'd notice in a heart beat.

PosterBoyKelly said:
So, how many of you know your set up so well you can imagine every detail with your eyes closed? I have so many figures, 1/6, 7", PF, small Japanese vinyl, wind up toys, and they're all mixed up in my set up. BUT I know every detail of where each one is.

My family likes to test that theory sometimes. Sometimes, I come home from work and somethings moved. I know INSTANTLY, I can just tell! The Force maybe? Anyway, usually someone bumps a dresser and 1 or 2 guys fall they pick them up and try to act like I won't notice. I notice.

BUT lately they like playing a game of, lets f- with PBK! They intentionally move things around, and see how quick I'll notice and what I'll notice, and I notice even if somethings been just shifter 1/2 inch. I don't mind usually that they do this, but I tell em, if anythings damaged, YOU'RE DAMAGED! They think it's all fun and games, anyone else have similar tales? How well do you know your stuff?

This isn't boasting really, just an observation of what a weird OCD freak I am for such a messy collection of crap.

I have so much stock, it would be impossible. My house is a museum and a warehouse, my inventory count is constantly outdated, and my wife thinks I'm nuts. :lol :rotfl :lol

PosterBoyKelly said:
I don't mind usually that they do this, but I tell em, if anythings damaged, YOU'RE DAMAGED!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl I'm sure as my collection increases, I will be the same way. Like: "If the dog knocks something over, I'm going to knock HIM out

Kelly you are awesome! I love your posts man. :D

my collection is small too... so I know where everything is obviously.

But... I can tell you were every single dvd in my collection is. (I have a little over 1,000) I can also tell you where I bought about 98% of them and how much I bought them for.

I think it's been years of training.us Like 10 years ago or so my bro and sis would mess w/ mt POTF Star Wars stuff, so I learned to be on edge. Plus I got a little bit of OCD going on, so I'm sure that accounts for some of it.us It's not like I hang out with my collection, but I set it all up very particularly (ocd) and so I tend to remember. :D

That's just OCD. There's nothing wrong with that, as it's been a good survival trait, but too much of it gets in the way of enjoying your stuff.

Let go, and let life happen. You'll feel better for it. Your figures won't run away when you stop thinking about them.

i'm like this with everything in my house, office, job. if something is out of place even the slightest i will know almost instantly. and i have to figure out what it is and where it goes.

Amanaman said:
That's just OCD. There's nothing wrong with that, as it's been a good survival trait, but too much of it gets in the way of enjoying your stuff.

Let go, and let life happen. You'll feel better for it. Your figures won't run away when you stop thinking about them.

But it's such satisfaction when things ARE in order! It's like "Ah , all is right in the world of my toys."

The problem is I kind of have a photographic memory, so even if I wanted to forget I would still notice. It's very easy to play tricks on me that way because everybody knows only I would notice Aragorn's pipe has been tilted or that Luke has turned about ten degrees to the left. Cursed artist's eyes, can't they let me observe the world in complete peace, rather than memorize every blinking thing that happens!
:monkey2

PosterBoyKelly said:
But it's such satisfaction when things ARE in order! It's like "Ah , all is right in the world of my toys."

Kelly, this is off-topic about your avatar and sig. LOVE the avatar. I always knew the Wookie wanted some nookie. And the Hulk Hogan sig. I have had the displeasure of meeting him on several occassions. He lives in the Tampa area.

First time in the Tampa airport, my 12 year old niece asked him for an autograph and he told he flat 'NO!', like a real jerkoff. No big deal, he was probably busy. Second time was in the Citrus Park Mall in an athletic shoe store. My brother-in-law almost ran right into him looking for his sneaker size. My brother-in-law apologized and extended his hand for a respectful handshake and Hulk totally ignored him, stepping around his offering. No big deal, he was probably busy. Last time was again in the Tampa airport. My elderly father recognized him and said, 'Hi Hulk.' Hogan looks at my Dad and like he's not even standing there, says to his companion, ' Jesus, don't these people have a life?' At that point, as Hulk was walking away, I shout out in my most booming voice, 'HEY EVERYONE...IT'S HULK HOGAN!' He soon got approached by several autograph seekers. He just turned my way and gave me the dirtiest look. I laughed.

He is a worthless piece of crap that doesn't appreciate the fact it was the public and his fans that made him what he is today, and if he goes out in a public place, he has to expect people to approach him. Privacy in a public place is what he gave up for the million dollar paychecks.

Last edited:
That sucks to hear Kodiac, I hate when stars , especially ones like Hogan who aren't really a big deal anymore, blow fans off, particularly when they approach them respectfuy.

Back