KISS Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what company was it that made 24 inch mixed media KISS figures that sold for about $150 and then languished on the shelf of Spencers for months until they clearanced them out at a fraction of the price?

I'd definitely get these in 1/6 but PFs?

...okay, maybe Gene...

77_1.JPG

Got the catalog and see the quotes. ;)

Nice.

Last edited:
I won't be anything 1/4 scale format, well unless they make a Lemmy, Axl Rose, or Tom Petty (none of these will be made). Other wise I never intend on buying 1/4, I like posing my figures.

Thats about it. They aren't very poseable. There were no accessories except the bases. My family has all of the Destory set, but passed on Love Gun. They do look very good for the time.

I hope all the Legendary Musicians aren't going to be PF as they're out of my price range. I'm sure the KISS figs will look cool,but they are not the top of my list as there's been so much KISS stuff released over the years.

Buttmunch said:
Sweet! I'm quoted in the catalog! I'm Brant R. (well I knew it was happening. Dave emailed me a few months ago wanting some info and said it would be in the next catalog but I competely forgot about it.)

ME too! I'm Michael E. I'm the one who is ranting on about the POTA line!

Any surprises there? :D

And the catalog looks like there best yet!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Me too, I'm Rick N, and Josh makes 4. Well looks like the Freaks rool.

Now, back on track. BCM77 you dont have to worry, Dusty let us know that the line isn't going to be confined to one scale.

I don't like hearing all this hearing all this Kisth basthing. It does make me nervous that the line will bomb, just like their early attempt, with Spinal Tap. I hope that Kiss fans get on board and swoop them up. I can't afford a buying frenzy like the one described, that being one PF a month. Kiss fans that get all this gear are either rich or were rich. I hope there has been a dry spell of Kiss merchandise, so they have been able to cash up. If I were Sideshow I'd be replanning edition sizes to cater for the popularity of the individual musicians at this point. I guess they had to be the first announcement, before the Kiss army reaches the age of lack of interest. The fact is, these are going to be awesome. Even if I'm not a fan, as a collector I expect I will be dazzled at the sight of these visually demanding pieces.

Last edited:
There aren't any pics yet Sabertrooper. We are just commenting on the news that they are going to be made.

It is easy to be confused here, I am most of the time I can tell you. Getting information mixed in with some rumour or assumption and it all goes haywire. I not sure if that pic relates to a line that Dave mentioned failed, and so adds to the possibilty of these figures not selling so well, or not. It may be of what else is out there, and is being shared. We obviously dont want Sideshow to use a stance like that one has.

We all help each other, its a great place for that.

I definitely agree that there certainly has been a large amount of KISS merchandise. Mcfarlane toys has certainly done their part to bring KISS back in the limelight. Hopefully sideshow will keep producing other music legends even if KISS were to be less successful than they hoped. It will probably do well, knowing what sideshow is capable of.

The figure that Gruson posted is the line I was talking about. I'd forgotten that they did 2 series of the things. But seeing them now, they're obviously not in the same ballpark as a SSC PF, but it remains to be seen if KISS fans have had their large figure desires satiated by these things.

Darklord Dave said:
So what company was it that made 24 inch mixed media KISS figures that sold for about $150 and then languished on the shelf of Spencers for months until they clearanced them out at a fraction of the price?

I'd definitely get these in 1/6 but PFs?

Wow, I agree with Dave. 1:6? I'd be all over these [and probably any other musicians offered] PF? No thanks. KISS, and other music oriented figures have been done in 18" format, and as Dave stated, languished on the shelves. But KISS in 1:6?? That could ROCK!!! And allow for a few accessories too!! Hell, They could even battle Dr. DOOM like the Marvel comic!! :monkey3

Back