King Arts vs Hot toys Iron Man.. Got both need help deciding please?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sith_lords

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all, new to Iron Man big scale, please enlightenment with your experience.

Well I just made the jump into big scale Iron Man figures so I bought from both companies in order to decide which to go for in the long run, I really wanted King Arts to work out because the price is nice, I found things that I didnt like from both so I would like to read opinions and maybe I was just unlucky with my batch etc. I bought these:

King Arts 1/9 Diecast Iron Man MK43.
Hot Toys 1/6 Diecast Iron Man MK 3 (yet to receive, in the mail)
Hot Toys 1/6 Diescast Age of Ultron War Machine II.

King Arts experience: Mark 43, The scale is perfect, not too big, not too small. The figure itself was mouth watering, but the chest LED did not work out of the box :horror. Like how disappointing that something like that doesn't work on a brand new figure (getting a replacement from whom I bought it from). I also noticed the eyes LEDs were very bright once first turned on but like 10secs later you can tell the eyes would dimmed down.. :horror.. The head/chest batteries were a nightmare to cram into that little battery slot due to spring being too tight, on the HTs it was a little more relaxed. The joints were tight and nice but the ankles and feet not so much. it is very hard to stand without the help of a stand due to that.

Hot Toys: Age of Ultron War Machine MK3: The scale is a tad too big for my taste but, not a bad thing, the figure is flawless, all joints were tight and had no issue standing on its own, heavy figure! the batteries were in one try (Thank you HTs) now with the concerns.

1. The chest LED is like 10 times brighter than the eyes ? it just looks awkward that brightness is not even/balanced, kind of an eye sore, is that normal or mine defective? I could be wrong but it seems these batteries lose intensity after a minute? noticed on both figures?

2. Light leaks out of the side of the eyes/helm ?? is this even normal? or is mine defective? I noticed when I saw some light on my wall while I was handling it. Is this why the light is not as bright as the chest?

Thanks all

Back