Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midtown is not allowed to sell them on their website, just like BBTS was not.
It is a violation of the licensing agreement for king arts. They are not allowed to be sold
Through any retail outlet in North America. Efx has the license for marvel movie props in the us.

Midtown is not allowed to sell them on their website, just like BBTS was not.
It is a violation of the licensing agreement for king arts. They are not allowed to be sold
Through any retail outlet in North America. Efx has the license for marvel movie props in the us.

I would think that it's more that King arts isn't allowed to distribute them to N American retailers. BBTS and Midtown comics can buy whatever they like. But yea KA is only supposed to be distributed to the Asian market so BBTS got lucky with their pre orders. Midtown has yet to receive any.

Apparently BBTS cancelled people's orders or put some on eBay instead of fulfilling pre orders according to another forum. So yes these are getting harder and harder to find now.

Jump in aftermarket price when AoU comes out I wonder ?

I just got my KA classic pedestal shield yesterday and paid $796 shipped from BBTS so i dont know where you guys are getting $900 plus shipping from... very minimal paint irregularity in the silver part but only noticable from up close like 1 feet away. Any further back and you cant even notice. I figure you already have a kickass aluminum design that can be professionally repainted for a small price if needed....but the factory paint is just fine by my standards and my standards are pretty high for anyone who knows me around here.

This thing is awesome imo...cant stop looking at it. Especially since i regretted not getting a chris fields shield when i could. Now just waiting for my Efx orders to come in.

I just got my KA classic pedestal shield yesterday and paid $796 shipped from BBTS so i dont know where you guys are getting $900 plus shipping from... very minimal paint irregularity in the silver part but only noticable from up close like 1 feet away. Any further back and you cant even notice. I figure you already have a kickass aluminum design that can be professionally repainted for a small price if needed....but the factory paint is just fine by my standards and my standards are pretty high for anyone who knows me around here.

This thing is awesome imo...cant stop looking at it. Especially since i regretted not getting a chris fields shield when i could. Now just waiting for my Efx orders to come in.

I'll do ya a solid and tell you to not waste your time and money. Cancel the Efx, It's a toy shield compared to the KA. Only reason to have the Efx is if you collect movie props and are brand loyal.

Good luck finding a KA for $796 shipped now. You were lucky and got that directly from BBTS original pre-order before they got the C and D to selling them on the website.

BBTS just sold 9 classic shields on eBay for an average price of well over $900-950 this last week.

I just got my KA classic pedestal shield yesterday and paid $796 shipped from BBTS so i dont know where you guys are getting $900 plus shipping from...

Well, I got that information from actually going online and looking at the prices on ebay and the Midtown Comics pre-order prices. Glad you got yours at a good price and in good shape!

Yup, I love this metal shield. I keep knocking on it everyday just to remind myself of the metal sound :lol I'm not going to be too fussy about the odd little bit of the blotching in the silver areas which aren't too noticeable anyways.

Good luck finding a KA for $796 shipped now. You were lucky and got that directly from BBTS original pre-order before they got the C and D to selling them on the website.

BBTS just sold 9 classic shields on eBay for an average price of well over $900-950 this last week.

Wow, that's nuts. Glad I got mine also from BBTS for the original $699.99 pre-order price.

Midtown still has it listed on their site for $899.99

I think after all of the photos I've seen, IF I had to chose, I'd go with KA. And I think once photos of the BD version of KA's shield are released, it'll be even more clear. Just an opinion though.

I am excited for the inevitable new wave though. Looks like I may have to jump them the next time around.

Mine lives here right now. I feel the paint job is perfect on this one.
So much so that I have to check out the classic on pedestal now. Should be here today :rock

Might have to skip the wall mount. It's kind of looking like a lame frame to me lately.
Some of the older released shields had cool wall mounts that looked like they were from WW2 and such.

IMG_20150415_210247834 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics dw316!!! and congrats on the acquisition! It looks stellar!

Thanks for posting these. I hope the wall mount comes out just as good!

Waiting for mine to get in at BBTS

Does anyone have any up close photos of the straps? I'm looking to see how they connect ie are they screwed in. I've heard complaints about them being flimsy but was wondering if it's the leather used or the fact they aren't really attached correctly.

Back