Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, hannibal gave me an update. I'm sure he'll post soon on his thoughts, but he went to one of the Midtown stores this weekend said the battle damaged IS in-stock. :rock

I checked my account and Midtown has charged me fully, so I expect it to ship Monday - Tuesday.

All of the wallmounts on their site are now sold out. I'm kind of surprised since there were no low quantity alerts, etc. Fingers crossed this looks good in person. I still really love the looks from what I've seen.

It sucks that the cracked shield won't be made. I seriously like that one better than the battle damaged. : /

As for that 'fourth' shield in the last pic posted (the all 'aluminum' one with the writing). I had tried to get a hold of that last year - I emailed King Arts about it and there's apparently only 50 or so ish - super limited and only sold amongst the local community there - could not get it at the time. I tried. :lol

Hey guys! Yeah I saw the battle damaged one at Midtown Comics yesterday. It feels very nice. I know some people said the leather straps feel cheap, but I didn't think that at all. Here's the picture I took!

dDa14mt.jpg

Hey, I just got you last 3 PMs. Couldn't get on the boards until now because of work and the outage. I PMd you about 20 minutes ago though. Just got your last one now. No need for the email. :rock This is more than enough.

That's weird they sold out. I was telling you in the PM that I didn't see any lower quantity alerts, etc. I know that they didn't have any stealth walmounts when I purchased mine, but the classic (and obviously battle damaged) were still available.

Hey, I just got you last 3 PMs. Couldn't get on the boards until now because of work and the outage. I PMd you about 20 minutes ago though. Just got your last one now. No need for the email. :rock This is more than enough.

That's weird they sold out. I was telling you in the PM that I didn't see any lower quantity alerts, etc. I know that they didn't have any stealth walmounts when I purchased mine, but the classic (and obviously battle damaged) were still available.

Guess we will see if they get more! If not, I'm sure King Arts or another company will make a new version in the future. But my guess is the price will be even higher hah.

It's funny that there's clearly a DO NOT TOUCH sign but they were nice enough to let you touch it, haha. It's awesome, yeah? Is that Grand Central Midtown Comics or Times Suarez?

As long as it isn't breaking, that's good :wink1: (even though it's not the straps that are breaking on the eFX but where it is connected to the shield)

It's funny that there's clearly a DO NOT TOUCH sign but they were nice enough to let you touch it, haha. It's awesome, yeah? Is that Grand Central Midtown Comics or Times Suarez?

As long as it isn't breaking, that's good :wink1: (even though it's not the straps that are breaking on the eFX but where it is connected to the shield)

I asked the sales rep before hand if I could touch it. His response, "sure why not?!" My response, "because there's a sign there..." This is their East Side location. But he said each location has at least one on display.

I just got my shipping notice. Friday is the day. Fingers crossed it meets my expectations.

Lots of good looking stuff possibly coming from KA! That's great!

Made me want the wall mount Classic shield even more....so I was curious and checked my BBTS account. The date now says July. Is that new info or has everyone that ordered the wall mount Classic shield had that date before?

I'm okay with july . I've been getting hammered with purchases( 2 mk 43s, two Marty's , two efx shields , wm ) and that's without using a credit card . I could use the break from big purchases

It has arrived. I'm just in awe at the size of the box. It will take me a while to open. I'll slowly take pics and post all at once. Be back in an hour or so-ish...

Photoshoot is done.

Overall, I really love this piece. Great work. Lots of weight and it just feels like a quality piece. This IS a Captain America shield. Plain and simple. I can't really complain about anything. It's exactly what I had hoped for and then some.

I have no batteries (for the light-up feature), nor have I had time to mount it on the wall, but here we go....

Back