Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is something that has been up for debate. Work in progress images would silence any doubt people may have about it.

Man... You know what I will answer? I have nothing to prove to anyone. NOTHING.
I feel offended by your request.
I do this job/hobby from 17 years... Many many person knows the passion and effort I place inside my creations.

And I think that I already posted enough pictures to prove that it's not a recast...
As I think I proved in so many years that I'm not a liar and that I created many unique museum quality releases.

I find totally disrespectful to say this is a recast or direct copy of something else.

If and when Iminime or everybody else will start a legal action against my company for copying something I will prove them they are wrong.

I have nothing else to say about this subject.

Last edited:
Thank you for information on the body.

Where is the head sculpt below available? I looked on the onesixthkit website and couldn't find it.

Maybe no need for KP to do a neutral sculpt since OSK seems to have a nice one.

12119943_467727916739629_2232304837944022712_o.jpg

12065978_467727910072963_2474276502798420483_n.jpg

Unless, for whatever reason, they don't offer a sculpt only option like they usually do.

Edit: Nevermind. It seems to be part of a full figure release.

Did you try to modify the head from iminime version? Both set look pretty similar even the outfit - vest, kilt etc..

Not talking about recast but did you use iminime as reference?

Picture of original sculpture is necessary to prove your passion and effort, really. You know it's always easy to cast and modify from existing head instead of sculpting a new head from nothing.

Man... You know what I will answer? That I have not to prove nothing. NOTHING.
I feel offended by your request.
I do this job/hobby from 17 years... Many many person knows the passion and effort I place inside my creations.

And I think that I already posted enough pictures to prove that it's not a recast...
As I think I proved in so many years that I'm not a liar and that I created many unique museum quality releases.

I find totally disrespectful to say this is a recast or direct copy of something else.

If and when Iminime or everybody else will start a legal action against my company for copying something I will prove them they are wrong.

I have nothing else to say about this subject.

Did you try to modify the head from iminime version? Both set look pretty similar even the outfit - vest, kilt etc..

Picture of original sculpture is necessary to prove your passion and effort, really. You know it's always easy to cast and modify from existing head instead of sculpting a new head from nothing.

I will say one more time: I have nothing else to say about this subject.
Thank you.

https://vimeo.com/142744999

It's not an Iminime recast, dammit!

And even if it were! What do you care? Because you've bought the Iminime and feel cheated? Happens all the time, man, that's the law of market! I've bought the MJ Choi Indy head though I'm pretty sure it will surface as a recast some time in the near future. Do you think I'm gonna complain and whine? I won't!

So it looks a lot like Iminime's? I'd say it looks a lot like William Wallace and if they didn't look alike, then we could be really worried. Same character from a same movie looking different? How stupid would that be!

I'm beyond pissed with all this debate! You feel offended because you're unhappy that everyone will be able to afford a figure you spent big bucks on? Well, sorry for you, happy for me and the rest of us!

Move on!

All this 'handbags at dawn' nonsense seems to prop up in a lot of threads recently, recasts, dollies or figures? All I can say is...

warriors-flip-off.jpg

Back on subject, thanks for the updates KP this set is getting better by da minute.

He looks really good, and I've been trying to find a reason to order him. :confused:

But I haven't seen the film and don't have any interest in figures from 'Hollywood-ized history'.

The standard 'William' sculpt, however, is especially good. But a figure in a 'great kilt' seems to date from the sixteenth century at the earliest. No chance then of employing him as a Caledonian enemy of Rome. :ohbfrank:

Will hold off and await the Gaul. :)
Yeah isn't Braveheart supposed to be one of the most historically inaccurate films ever made.
Still a great film though, just maybe not for the history buffs.

Yeah, there's not much history in Braveheart. The battles were fought differently, they certainly didn't look like anything we see in the figure and movies, and has some truly absurd things happening even for fiction ( like Wallace love affair with a certain someone). In fact, we don't even know much about Wallace at all. They've pretty much romanticized the Scottish War for Independence. I mean, when Wallace says, "We're going to invade England and beat them on their own ground" do you think they just walked around looking for english knights to kill? Nah. [emoji38] This was the middle ages. But Braveheart is still one of my favorite movies. It's a great story and likeable characters, so who cares. It's better to just slash off the "historical" part in "historical fantasy". We know more about Robert the Bruce who seems to minor character in the movie. Now that is a movie I'd love to see. He fought the English on and off for 20 years and a lot of his family were killed or imprisoned during which time.

Anyway, love the new pics, Fabio. The regular sculpt really shines in the new pic.

Last edited:
Back