Kaustic Plastik - Preview 2013 - New products coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaustic Plastik

1:6 Manufacturer
Reaction score
Kaustic Plastik is proud to share with you some of the new releases for 2013!

- All the new products will have a new deluxe packaging, that will guarantee a 100% safeness and will avoid shipping damages!
- New improved helms technology with easy plug in/plug out face protections!
- New improved production technology for longer lasting and resistant products!

Artorius Lucius Castus - Centurion - Legio II Adiutrix
Circa 178-179 A.D. - Marcomannic Wars - Leugaricio - Slovakia

Available from second quarter 2013

kp05-artorius1.jpg

kp05-artorius3.jpg

kp05-artorius4.jpg

kp05-artorius5.jpg

Tiberius Claudius Maximus- Legionary with marching pack - Legio VII Claudia
Circa 101-106 A.D. - Roman Invasion of Dacia - Middle Europe

Available from third quarter 2013

kp07-tiberius1.jpg

kp07-tiberius2.jpg

kp07-tiberius3.jpg

Lucius Duccius Rufinus - Aquilifer - Legio IX Hispana
Circa 60 A.D. - Roman Invasion of Britain - Camulodunum

Available from late 2013

kp06-lucius1.jpg

kp06-lucius2.jpg

kp06-lucius3.jpg

I like the Centurion especially the Imperial Italic D helmet. It would be nice to see what the muscled Lorica looks like on the figure. I might just make that my first Kaustic purchase.

That Lion pelt on the Aquilifer on the other hand is just hideous looking. I know it's a difficult thing to produce in 1:6, but there's got to be a better way of doing it.

That Lion pelt on the Aquilifer on the other hand is just hideous looking. I know it's a difficult thing to produce in 1:6, but there's got to be a better way of doing it.

We are still trying to improve this (it's just an early prototype), but unfortunatelly produce a realistic 1:6 Lion skin it's very very difficult.
Execially because you need to simulate a dead animal skin, and not a living one.. (so no muscles, and few or nothing facial expression..etc.etc.)
But we will try our best anyway!

We are still trying to improve this (it's just an early prototype), but unfortunatelly produce a realistic 1:6 Lion skin it's very very difficult.
Execially because you need to simulate a dead animal skin, and not a living one.. (so no muscles, and few or nothing facial expression..etc.etc.)
But we will try our best anyway!

Yeah I can understand how difficult it would be to make one. Have you guys thought about flocking the lion head, I wonder how that might look?

If you can get the lion pelt right, I'd love to see a Hercules with his trademark Nemean Lion pelt headdress he's often sporting in Greek art!

Gotta say the head sculpts & paint apps look great. The only thing is I dont know if the hair cuts look too modern? But I'm only familiar with a Caesar style? Either way look great.

Maybe the lion eyes closed or no eyes?

Gotta say the head sculpts & paint apps look great. The only thing is I dont know if the hair cuts look too modern? But I'm only familiar with a Caesar style? Either way look great.

Maybe the lion eyes closed or no eyes?

The hair cuts don't look like they were cut with electric clippers so I think they look fine, I also know that the Romans did have long sideburns at one point in time.
Of the three the Lucius head sculpt is my favorite, looks kinda like Tom Berenger.

I also believe the Romans placed either glass or painted ceramic eyes in some of their animal pelts.

I actually thought the Lion head looked quite good... I can see room for improvement; but it's definitely not hideous :lol

The hair cuts don't look like they were cut with electric clippers so I think they look fine, I also know that the Romans did have long sideburns at one point in time.
Of the three the Lucius head sculpt is my favorite, looks kinda like Tom Berenger.

I also believe the Romans placed either glass or painted ceramic eyes in some of their animal pelts.

Thanks for that, as far as the pelt I find the eyes where the first part that broke the illusion that it was scale......they all look fantastic :hi5:

I've put a pre-order down for the Tiberius legionary. Historical figures aren't something I really delve into but all that gear just got me hooked!

Thank you for your feedbacks! :)

It's time to share some new pictures for your pleasure! ;)
This time we will focus on Tiberius!
Let's see more details about this Marching Pack!

tiberiuskit1web.jpg

tiberiuskit2web.jpg

tiberiuskit3web.jpg

I love what they're doing, and I may be in the minority - but I'd love to see them do away with the metal accessories. I'd much prefer lighter weight and sharper cast plastic. My Legionnaire's helmets won't stay together, the metal is just too heavy and the glue falls apart.

The figures for this year are absolutely stunning! Congratulations.

I would like to ask one question about Artorius. I've read hi bio and his epitaf details his rather impressive career:

"To the divine shades, Lucius Artorius Castus, centurion of the Third Legion Gallica, also centurion of the Sixth Legion Ferrata, also centurion of the Second Legion Adiutrix, also centurion of the Fifth Legion Macedonica, also chief centurion of the same legion, in charge of (Praepositus) the Misenum fleet, prefect* of the Sixth Legion Victrix, commander of two** British legions against the Armenians, centenary procurator of Liburnia with the power of the sword. He himself (set this up) for himself and his family in his lifetime"

How did you decide on the II Adiutrix? Is there a set or armor preserved from that particular legion perhaps?

I love what they're doing, and I may be in the minority - but I'd love to see them do away with the metal accessories. I'd much prefer lighter weight and sharper cast plastic. My Legionnaire's helmets won't stay together, the metal is just too heavy and the glue falls apart.

I think our metal parts are the real thing that make the difference and let be this pieces a real "museum replica" and not simply a toy.
It's the thing that makes our company unique, because this parts are casted in the same way of the Italian Jewellery.
So something very unique in the market and precious.

About the problem of the helms, it's a problem we have solved with this upcoming releases! So don't worry.
The main problem was linked to the shipment, too many vibration create some problem on this delicate helms.
To solve the problem and glue back the pieces of the helms in the right way, PLEASE get in touch with our customer care service.
They will instruct you doing this in the best way as possible.
Once glued back, in the right way, and with the right glue, the helms will have no problem anymore.

The figures for this year are absolutely stunning! Congratulations.

I would like to ask one question about Artorius. I've read hi bio and his epitaf details his rather impressive career:

"To the divine shades, Lucius Artorius Castus, centurion of the Third Legion Gallica, also centurion of the Sixth Legion Ferrata, also centurion of the Second Legion Adiutrix, also centurion of the Fifth Legion Macedonica, also chief centurion of the same legion, in charge of (Praepositus) the Misenum fleet, prefect* of the Sixth Legion Victrix, commander of two** British legions against the Armenians, centenary procurator of Liburnia with the power of the sword. He himself (set this up) for himself and his family in his lifetime"

How did you decide on the II Adiutrix? Is there a set or armor preserved from that particular legion perhaps?

The main reason is the quantity of material we had in our hands about this legion. Especially some research we made on tombstones of II Adiutrix in several part of the world.
Like the Grosvenor Museum in Chelster tombstones or the Budapest C. Castricius Victor tomb, or even some sculptures on Trajan column's in Rome of II Adiutrix.

Absolutely amazing stuff, Fabio. I will definitely be buying Artorius and Lucius as soon as they are available on your site! I was raised very close to where the Ribchester Cavalry helmet was found, so I will have to have that too!

You're not in the minority, I've been saying this since day one, even back on the Ignite figures.

The main reason is the quantity of material we had in our hands about this legion. Especially some research we made on tombstones of II Adiutrix in several part of the world.
Like the Grosvenor Museum in Chelster tombstones or the Budapest C. Castricius Victor tomb, or even some sculptures on Trajan column's in Rome of II Adiutrix.

Thank you for the reply. I think the figure turned out absolutely beautiful.

Just one more question which is more of a historical one than directly figure related:

Is there a symbolic or hierarchical difference between these two helmets, meaning the way their crest stands?

400px-Helmet_centurion_end_of_second_century.jpg

Crested_Roman_Officers_Historical_Helmet.jpg

Many archeologists believe the horizontal crest indicates an officer such as a Centurion, a crest that's forward/back denotes a Legionary, even though I believe most Legionaries didn't have crests.
I've heard it helped to look to the officer for guidance in battle, though in the fray, trumpet calls and whistles were really the best way to receive orders.

They got this from the Greeks, who used the same system of horizontal crests for a person of senior rank.

Last edited:
Back