Kaustic Plastik - NEW PRODUCTION PICTURES!! Praetorian Guard and Roman General!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Kaustic ever made medieval figs? If so did they ever make medieval warhammers?

aagj.jpg

Hey Fabio, I know you guys have teased the "William" figure. Just wondering if you guys have any plans to do Medieval Knight figures in the future? I've noticed other companies have started doing so. Are you guys going to do any as well?

Wow !! He looks awesome ! Thanks for posting pictures . I'm getting both versions today . I'll try to post pictures also. This figure does look killer though . Thank you for the tips about putting it together .

Hi mate, some explanation to your questions! :)

The lorica musculata seems a bit small for the body/leather vest, in as much as it won't close up as tightly as intended by the clips on the sides. But once on the gaps aren't too noticeable under the arms.

No actually we made perfectly scaled. The gaps are common on the Lorica Muscolata.
The clips included are made for totally different reason. When packaged without the clips, the Armour can shift up and down, damaging the shoulder protection.
In this way it's totally safe and hopefully not a single one will arrive damaged.
Here some pictures of Real Lorica Muscolata with the gaps on the sides
armourexp.jpg

I do, however, love the armour and the decoration on it. The plastic holds much more detail than metal, and remains my preferred material for items such as helmets and armour - especially when they're as convincingly 'bronzed' as KP has done with this.
As impressive as the helmet is, the decoration is nowhere near as sharp as on the armour.

I understand your point of view, but please consider that the kind of decoration we made on helm are like this to simulate the look of the real one.
As you can see it's not sharp or detailed a lot.
This was probably linked to the kind of metal production the Romans used in the ancient times.
helmexpbis.jpg

My question to everybody is:
Do you prefer we will start to use PVC for Helms?
I like to know everybody opinion about this point.

The eagle at the crest is turned a little sideways, but I'm not sure if that's by design.

As Always the historical accuracy it's vital for KP products.
This wonderful helm it's actually not very simmetric.
The reason could be different, in my opinion, the Metal injection at Roman time, was not so accurate as today, so probably this kind of helms had some "twist" after was plugged out of the mold of injection.
To recreate this we asked our artisan to don't be too much "simmetric" during assembling
Here is the picture of the real helm
helmexp.jpg

The biggest frustration was the belt. It looks as though the brass plates are attached to the leather by double-sided tape. But they don't hold and keep falling off, especially when fitting the lorica musculata over it. So, have the superglue ready to make running repairs to ensure you don't lose any. (The plates are sticky on the back and could well disappear forever if carried away on the paws of a curious pet! )

I understand and I agree. But at this point my next solution will be make the belt and decoration in Plastic/PVC.
As you know many of you asked for a better quality material for the belt, because former ones was too much "filmish"
This time we used REAL LEATHER, and as you can see the result it's impressive.
Now the problem is that Real Leather have much more problem when glued with Metal Brass... The only way to glue it would be with Loctite Super Glue, that for security reason cannot be used in our factory...

So next question is:
Do you prefer for future projects PVC belt and decoration instead real leather and metal brass?

I would love to have your feedbacks about this points!

:wave

Once again, it's a figure that's even more impressive in hand than conveyed by photos. It was suggested somewhere that the helmets on these two were over-scaled almost to the same degree as those on ACI's Greeks. Some pictures did tend to make them look bulky, but in hand they look perfect.

As you noticed the helmets are perfectly scaled.
Who said are over-scaled of course have no idea how a real Roman helm was made...
Once again Hollywood made some victims ;)

I know PVC would probably make it easier to do tinier details . ( I'm guessing ). But the feel of the die cast just really adds to the authenticity . It's a tough call . If KP feels that they can achieve even more detail by using PVC then you go right ahead . I will continue to support you guys either way .

Back