Kato Work : hand made 2mm 1:6 Tiny shirt buttons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kano where do you find the plastic sticks to make the buttons from can you pm me or post it here i'll check

kano where do you find the plastic sticks to make the buttons from can you pm me or post it here i'll check

E220.jpg

ITEM 70132
Plastic Beams 2mm
Round (10pcs.)

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/plates_beams/kit700M01.htm

thanks kano i emailed them, so i will see how much they will charge me so i can make my own.

i just baught a pack so ill see what happens it will take about 3 weeks before i'll see them since their coming from china. but thanks for your help kato

where can you get zippers with smaller toggles i have only seen zipperthat doll but i have seen different ones used and small snaps that are smaller than 0/4 that dritz makes. have you came accross them kato at all.

So how do you sew one of these onto a shirt, Kato? Is there a needle size that will fit through a 2mm button's... hole?

Last edited:
But if the hole was as big as the button there wouldbe no problem sewing it on.

Damn, is my English being corrected by two guys whose first language ISN'T English? This is a sad day for me, my friends. Anyways, here's that question again, but worded correctly:

So how do you sew one of these onto a shirt, Kato? Is there a needle size that will fit through a 0.6mm hole?

If you are going to make the buttons available, for those of us that might want to swap out the old versions from your custom clothing, I'd be more than interested. In both the shirt size and vest buttons(both for joker customs).
They look great Kato.

I went to a local supply store today and picked up a few 2mm styrene sticks, but they look a little small, even smaller than the one Kato posted. However, I've cut a few and I've gotta pick up my drill and get to work. I'll post some pictures when I've got the time.

Alright, I'm still searching for a .5mm drill bit, only one I can find is sold in a package of 60. Here's what the buttons look like undrilled, laid onto a shirt.

jb6aop.jpg

Back