KAI STUDIO - Underworld Selene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I will deffo take some more detailed shots with my better camera and when the light is better. The weather (and therefore light) in the UK has not been the best recently. Requests for detailed shots of boots and arm pieces have been noted. :lol
Yep, I had a lot of fun putting this figure together. When it comes to movie figures, I'm a perfectionist stitch nazi trapped in a body with duff eyesight and limited craft skills, so sometimes I have to force myself to accept that close enough is good enough. Agree that the WW corset is not 100% screen accurate, but it was the easiest one to get hold of and I like how it looks on my version of Selene. ;)

p.s. When you nail the corset Ike, I'm not averse to upgrading figures if better parts become available. :)

OK, here are my updated photos. Just think of her as a stylized version of Selene. The holsters were both tan color right handed military type I found on ebay. I just shaved off the two little pins and painted them black. The neck straps were from DID spurs.

100_4753-1.jpg

100_4750-1.jpg

100_4752-1.jpg

100_4751-1.jpg

100_4754-1.jpg

100_4730-1.jpg

OK, here are my updated photos. Just think of her as a stylized version of Selene. The holsters were both tan color right handed military type I found on ebay. I just shaved off the two little pins and painted them black. The neck straps were from DID spurs.

100_4753-1.jpg

100_4750-1.jpg

100_4752-1.jpg

100_4751-1.jpg

100_4754-1.jpg

100_4730-1.jpg

Love it! Damn, I wish I had the triad trench coat. :)

Much heavier material, would hold up better with design added to it.

The coat looks great on her, toylion. Love the pose! Did you have to add any extra wire to the coat to achieve the effect?

Thanks Lt. Dan, no I didn't have to add the wire, Triad had already placed it there. Even though this coat isn't available any longer, this one is and has the wire as well. If you remove the snaps and maybe paint the metal buttons, don't know if they can be removed, it might work.

https://cgi.ebay.com/TRIAD-TOYS-CHO...800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ca5bed138

Just notice on the enlarge photo one of the buttons is miss, so they can be remove.

toylion said:
Even though this coat isn't available any longer, this one is and has the wire as well...
Thanks for the heads up on the Triad coat. I was thinking of trying to modify one of these: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/R154-1-6-DOL...556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb251da7c
If it doesn't work out, I may well go the Triad route. :)

p.s. Funnily enough, I recently had to add some wire to a DID German trenchcoat I modified for the "Leon Kowalski" Blade Runner figure I'm putting together.

Does anyone make these corsets, i have the wild works figure but don't want to seperate the corset for my custom figure, want to make a complete custom and then sell the wild works complete, CHEERS

Just notice on the enlarge photo one of the buttons is miss, so they can be remove.

I almost forgot; I think the zipper goes on the back of the corset.
Can that be turned around and still look right for you?
I know most of the triad corsets can go on either way.

You know what would make this a whole lot easier?

:lecture Someone who had a 3-D scanner, 3-D software & 3-D printer.
That way we could just copy the design & corset
style and make plastic version that would be 100% film accurate.
Then just have someone make a mold of it and cast them up.

Damn, I wish I had the coin to do that, because I would...:yess:

Last edited:
My take on Selene (have lots of work to do, though, so that's a W.I.P.). Sorry for the crappy pics. Just placed the HS on the body to see how it'd look. I'm planning on reworking the boots, holster (make a left-handed one -- I wonder why the Wonderworld set had two guns and one drop-down holster) and try and make it as closer to how it looks on the movie as possible. Yeah, that HS would look good even in a potato sack, lol. Great, great piece, I'm really glad I could get one.

Playing with some filters

102_6814.jpg

Normal photo

102_6808.jpg

You know what would make this a whole lot easier?

:lecture Someone who had a 3-D scanner, 3-D software & 3-D printer.
That way we could just copy the design & corset
style and make plastic version that would be 100% film accurate.
Then just have someone make a mold of it and cast them up.

Damn, I wish I had the coin to do that, beacuse I would...:yess:

way of the future....a few of my friends who deal with resin model kits have been talking about investing in this

My take on Selene (have lots of work to do, though, so that's a W.I.P.). Sorry for the crappy pics. Just placed the HS on the body to see how it'd look. I'm planning on reworking the boots, holster (make a left-handed one -- I wonder why the Wonderworld set had two guns and one drop-down holster)....QUOTE]

There is actually a scene where she only has one holster like the one the Wonderworld figure has. Then there's the double hard molded holsters, even scene with no holsters.

My take on Selene (have lots of work to do, though, so that's a W.I.P.). Sorry for the crappy pics. Just placed the HS on the body to see how it'd look. I'm planning on reworking the boots, holster (make a left-handed one -- I wonder why the Wonderworld set had two guns and one drop-down holster)....

There is actually a scene where she only has one holster like the one the Wonderworld figure has. Then there's the double hard molded holsters, even scene with no holsters.

You're definitely right. Got to rewatch the movie, it's been a while so my memory's betrayed me. :slap

I really dig both versions -- with one and double holsters -- guess I'm going for the two looks so I can change whenever I feel like. :wink1:

ue-selene-holster2.jpg

You're definitely right. Got to rewatch the movie, it's been a while so my memory's betrayed me. :slap

I really dig both versions -- with one and double holsters -- guess I'm going for the two looks so I can change whenever I feel like. :wink1:

ue-selene-holster2.jpg

They actually attached those holster with powerful magnets. Here's my take on them.

100_4730-1.jpg

It does look cool, thanks for sharing. :) Not sure if there's any 1/6 scale left-handed hard molded holster I could use so I guess I'll have to make one myself.

Right now I'll start working on the boots. Going to deal with the holster later.

It does look cool, thanks for sharing. :) Not sure if there's any 1/6 scale left-handed hard molded holster I could use so I guess I'll have to make one myself.

Right now I'll start working on the boots. Going to deal with the holster later.

I used the same holster for both left and right. Just shaved off the little buttons on the inside that attached to the belt clip. Then painted them black. They were tan.

100_4753-1-1.jpg

100_4752-1-1.jpg

I used the same holster for both left and right. Just shaved off the little buttons on the inside that attached to the belt clip. Then painted them black. They were tan.

100_4753-1-1.jpg

100_4752-1-1.jpg

Hi, what pistols and holsters did you use, i have also been looking for a pair but can't find a left handed holster any where, what did you use, CHEERS

Back