Justice League-It's Official

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Justice League- Oh yes, it's happenin'.

Ugh. It seems that everyone has their minds made up already. I swear, this could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and people would still say it was garbage. I'm just so sick of the negativity everywhere. "Marvel this, Marvel that"...who the **** cares? At the end of the day, I'm a comic book fan. I'd be hoping DC could pull it off even if I wasn't a DC fan, because, frankly, the more comic book movies, the better. Yet, everybody goes around picking sides and acting like it needs to be a big competition. It's so damned petty.

I'm not really a DC fan and I'm stoked, will be cool to see another Superhero team on-screen.

I blame Marvel Studios.

Well it does seem to be Marvel vs WB, Marvel vs Fox and Marvel vs Sony. People have them on a pedestal and compete them against everyone else, they're at the center of any such arguments which didn't exist before they came along.

Even though it was expected this would be coming I'm with batfan, super excited to get an official announcement that justice league is definitely on its way. I really hope its a success and leads to spin off movies for Ben Affleck solo batman movies (with robin and Nightwing), a new green lantern movie, the flash etc. Also, Warner bros are concentrating on shazam apparently, I wonder if that'll be a part of the same universe as justice league, man of steel etc.

Also, can't help but think; hot toys justice league?? That'd blow my tiny little mind.

I'd love a Nightwing Flick

Can you get rid of that 'yes, it's happenin' from the thread title? It cheapens the effect.

Too bad WB will completely ignore any requests to get the Justice League Animated Series writers on board the project. After all, it's all about big names and making money. not writing a worthwhile JL story. I guess we'll just have to learn to accept that.

Hell, even the writers of Young Justice would do, that was one hell of a show. You're right though, JLAS had some really good story arcs. I really liked the whole thing with Project CADMUS we saw on both shows. That is what one of the movies should be about at some point, the government losing faith and getting afraid of the Justice League. It's my favorite story from the DC universe.

As it stands now, It's hard to have faith in this movie franchise. People have been waiting ages for a Batman/Superman crossover but now they decided to turn that movie into Justice League Lite™ instead. Not to mention the fact that casting has been questionable at best.

Sigh... overall, not looking forward to it as of right now. It could all change with the first trailer though.

May 7th 2017 apparently...going up against Avengers 3 - The Infinity Gauntlet it seems.

Saw this on WhatCulture...

https://whatculture.com/comics/13-truths-comic-book-fans-never-admit.php/8

What You Say: Ben Affleck as Batman? Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? Jesse freaking Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Batman vs. Superman sounds like a massive disaster waiting to happen. Ditto for Sony’s future plans for the Spider-Man movies. And an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover? What will THAT look like? These studios need to make a better effort at giving the fans what they want, because we won’t support movies like this!

But What You Really Mean: You’ll see it. Possibly on opening day. And you might even buy it once it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD/digital, etc. No matter how much the comic book movie isn't what you want, fans will see it. It’s a safe bet every comic fan reading this has seen Catwoman or Batman & Robin at least once. And everyone complaining about Batman vs. Superman and the casting choices? Everyone who complained about Man of Steel? They’ll go see it, too. We’ve complained about Man of Steel, too. But guess what? Save us some popcorn on opening day.

I've been a comic book fan since 1978, and have collected both Marvel and DC. I have never seen Elektra or Catwoman, I have never seen all of the Rise Of The Silver Surfer all the way through. I have only seen FF, Spider-man 3 and X-Men Origins Wolverine on broadcast TV, I rented MoS for 99 cent, and I did buy GL for $3 in a Walmart bin which was the 1st time I saw it.
I can say honestly that I do not support Comic book movies because they are comic book movies. If a movie sucks they will not get my money. The will especially not get multiple viewings from me.

Considering the only two DC characters I really care about are Batman and Superman, a Justice League movie (or an announcement), does nothing for me. That's why announcements like Wonder Woman (who I think is strong enough to have her own movie), Cyborg and other heroes seemingly shoehorned into the thing are making my eyes roll.

I personally think planning ahead for this is ridiculous. They don't even know if they can handle Batman vs. Superman and pushed it back to 2016. I don't know what makes them so confident with a Justice League movie when their main concern isn't even close to being out the door yet. It just reeks of trying to keep up with the times where these studios have a concrete plan for future installments. It's whatever.

If you go out and pay to see this film it means you do care...and WB is happy you bought a movie ticket...bottom line...for me I'm glad they are doing it

Ok guys here is the things i have heard about the justice league movie. It will be after these movies in which the end will make reference to the justice leauge movie in which something relating to Darkseid makes an appearance.

apparently Wonder Woman will be a movie made right now Gal Gadot is sloted to play her but may change the star. it will be made late this year and released next year as with flash which is slotted some time this year in tv for release. But a movie for summer of 2016 is the rumor release date. right now no actor has been cast to play Barry Allen so we shall see. Aquaman is kinda floating in the waters right now since they don't have a tentative date yet nor actor. As well as Green Lantern 2. Supposedly these and one more superman are to be finished and released before justice league comes out.

As each movie comes out those lead characters will be added to the roster for the hero's Now the man of steel actor and christian bale has not confirmed a yes or no to this. but the tennative date for justice league is summer 2017 but I feel it may get pushed back to 2018

If you go out and pay to see this film it means you do care...and WB is happy you bought a movie ticket...bottom line...for me I'm glad they are doing it

See there's the distinction the guys at WhatCulture, who think they're being very clever, don't get. Paying to see it = caring. It does not equal ''loving it''. Therefore anyone who is sceptical/cynical before seeing it isn't actually being inconsistent.

The cynicism is justified though - you should at least be able to acknowledge that. :lol

I'm not a 'side taker' by any means - if I like it, that's what matters to me. The thing is though, the record speaks for itself; both have noteworthy stinkers, but DC/WB just don't have their heads right yet about what the **** they want. This whole conversation is as circular as it gets. It's getting painful.. :lol

What's their track record, again? Oh, yeah; one movie. People saying, "well, TDKR sucked" are full of it. It was a different film from a different series; love it or hate it, it has no bearing on these new films. Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Superman Returns. Keep in mind that Kevin Feige worked on Marvel films for Fox and Sony, as well, yet, we don't see the MCU's "track record" as being all inclusive of Spider-Man 3 and Ghost Rider and so forth. Yet, because WB is the same studio, it's okay to judge how good these movies are going to be by whether or not Wes Craven's Swamp Thing from the '80s was ****.:lol

As far as Warner bros is concern I think they need to re-staff and fire all the experts they have on hand for DC comics. Dc comis is a sell out company they do whatever will please the studio's If it where up to me Id Have wonder woman in 2 movie since her story is an allegory. There stupid for thinking they can use the tv show as a base. the only way is to tell the beginning when the Olympian goddesses decide to make a female race and put them on an island created for them by Gaea, include the war between Hercules and the amazons with Hippolyta donning the GA wonder woman gear and armor, the enslavement and the birth of diana. and her growing up and leaving Themiscyra. the 2nd movie will be to the modern age. and we can leave the tv show to entertain the WWII era-70's.

But Warner isn't bright and they always do a Hollywood gimmicky jobby on everything the touch and make as duchy as possible. all the dc movies could have been pushed further without the whole soap opera they throw in. I say only use moments like that if it's relevant to the comics.

Too bad WB will completely ignore any requests to get the Justice League Animated Series writers on board the project. After all, it's all about big names and making money. not writing a worthwhile JL story. I guess we'll just have to learn to accept that.

I will never ever be able to understand this. They have people that have ALREADY worked on these stories and have made good, successful stories. People that know the characters and how to write for them. People that have experience.

But no, No no no, they need some hack writer (like Goyer) to come in and make something up.... I cannot comprehend this type of thinking.

What's their track record, again? Oh, yeah; one movie. People saying, "well, TDKR sucked" are full of it. It was a different film from a different series; love it or hate it, it has no bearing on these new films. Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Superman Returns. Keep in mind that Kevin Feige worked on Marvel films for Fox and Sony, as well, yet, we don't see the MCU's "track record" as being all inclusive of Spider-Man 3 and Ghost Rider and so forth. Yet, because WB is the same studio, it's okay to judge how good these movies are going to be by whether or not Wes Craven's Swamp Thing from the '80s was ****.:lol
Some of your counterpoints are partly what I'm saying anyway - you don't see that in that very post of mine you've quoted there? :lol

Again; neither house has a flawless history - no one's disputing that obviously. I wasn't lynching TDKR specifically, or putting any emphasis on it really. I don't mind the film - it's part of a solid series, but I recognize that it has issues at the same time, & can see why folks make fun of certain things about it. I love the DC world - I'm not just a Batman devotee, but if we're being objective about things, their cinematic compass is broken at the moment. :huh

As far as I'm concerned, it's not simply about 'formulas' or what have you, it's about getting their heads right with where they want to drive the bus. It's about ****ing off the people who are just dragging things with their lack of appreciation for what works best for the characters. It's about getting to the heart of why these characters are so endearing to so many people around the world, & respecting that. It's about blending style with substance, not just lazy brand association & pop corn marketing. It's about so many basic things, that they're just missing the mark with right now.

I don't know how they're missing the mark. I've said it before that just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. It's hilarious because I read an article on Kotaku where the author said they're clearly "aping" Marvel. They're trying to do things differently, and, yet, they're still "aping" Marvel.:slap I'm so tired of this "Marvel's way or the Highway" stuff. Is it a proven formula? Yeah, but, again, for the millionth and first time, that doesn't mean it's the only formula that will work.

Just in addition, I can talk about Marvel's crappy films all you want too. :lol

That said though - even out of those films, we've gotten some pretty awesome depictions of those classic characters. In that sense - at the very least, there's still been that level of continuity over the years in their camp. You could conceivably see Affleck's DD in the same continuity as Evans' Cap - at least I can. Can you say that about anything from Watchmen & Green Lantern - or V For Vendetta & that WW pilot? :lol

I - like a-dev, would loved to have seen a progression with Routh as Kal-El; it may well have clashed with Nolan's thing going forward, but we'd be coming from an established place for Superman at least. MOS was a serious exercise in overcompensating for past missteps - but at best has left it's audience polarized.. great.

That seems to be what they're doing. I can't say how much vision they have, but they certainly have balls. They easily could've used Marvel's formula, and, most likely, had a guaranteed success; yet, they're still striving to innovate, and, if they were so hard up for cash, they could've just made three more Batman movies and not even bothered.

I don't know how they're missing the mark. I've said it before that just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. It's hilarious because I read an article on Kotaku where the author said they're clearly "aping" Marvel. They're trying to do things differently, and, yet, they're still "aping" Marvel.:slap I'm so tired of this "Marvel's way or the Highway" stuff. Is it a proven formula? Yeah, but, again, for the millionth and first time, that doesn't mean it's the only formula that will work.

These days anyone who makes a franchise based of of a well known comic characters and plans ahead is copying marvel

Well....they are copying marvel on the basic point of they now suddenly see the viability of superhero team-ups* even though it was obvious to anyone with half a brain even before Avengers.

*not counting X-men and Fantastic 4 because those characters existed as a team from the beginning, there was no novelty factor in seeing them all in one movie

Back